[API][WIP/REL] Callouts+ - Additional LCPDFR API Callouts

Hey LukeD :) Loving this script indeed! One question i have though. What would it take to for example have the mission text in a gxt or ini file aside from the script itself, so that we could for example translate the mission

text to our language ? :) Would love to have norwegian mission descriptions ingame, that would add alot of realism! :)

Hi, thanks for the feedback :)

I'm not too sure what it would take to be honest, I do know that it would take a lot of time gathering enough translations to make it worth my time, and that would also rely on a trustworthy set of translations from native speakers in each language. I mean it's no good me translating the mod into 1 language, then having a group of people complain I didn't do their language, or have people submit a translation that turns out to be something completely different.

But I'll have a look into it when I get some free time (in other words when all my coursework is finished) and see what it would need. No promises that it will ever be implemented though.

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Hi, thanks for the feedback :)

I'm not too sure what it would take to be honest, I do know that it would take a lot of time gathering enough translations to make it worth my time, and that would also rely on a trustworthy set of translations from native speakers in each language. I mean it's no good me translating the mod into 1 language, then having a group of people complain I didn't do their language, or have people submit a translation that turns out to be something completely different.

But I'll have a look into it when I get some free time (in other words when all my coursework is finished) and see what it would need. No promises that it will ever be implemented though.

Anytime! :) I would really love to see that :) Well no need for you to translate yourself, thats why we are here :) But for example a gxt/ini file with language lines where the script fetches language. So that for example end users can create their own language file to use with the script :) I don't know much about the API scripting myself, so i cant say if its possible. But most gtaiv and lcpdfr scripts fetches some info from a ini file :) It should really be implemented into lcpdfr, that would be nice to see!  It does not look like theres many language lines, but it looks like alot of work though compiling the scripts!

Hehe! Coursework comes in Firsty row indeed! You cant get a degree in IV modding these days ( yet )  :teehee:  :sweat:

Keep up the great work! Really appreciate it  :smile:  :smile:

Firstyminator

Will this plugin die? It's been over 30 days since a post...

Eventually, yes. With the GTA V PC hype train approaching it's destination this plugin will soon (hopefully) become a discontinued project. Why hopefully? Well because if all goes well GTA V will be moddable, we'll have an equivalent LCPDFR mod for GTA V and I'll be making plugins again....hopefully.

That's a sad thing to read, honestly. Callouts+ is the only possible replacement for Abraxas' pH, optimized and working flawlessly (almost). Who else will give us a non-lethal ambulance, a possibility to check the car's history, or call a towtruck! *sadface*

That's a sad thing to read, honestly. Callouts+ is the only possible replacement for Abraxas' pH, optimized and working flawlessly (almost). Who else will give us a non-lethal ambulance, a possibility to check the car's history, or call a towtruck! *sadface*

Don't worry, the project won't get instantly stopped. I will make a"final build " when the time is right to stop. That will be like an alpha game going into version 1.0 full release.

That means lots of content to keep people who are still on GTA IV happy, lots of performance improvements and as little bugs as possible (no game breaking ones just the potential for silly glitches)

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

That's not very helpful, is it? 

Neither is that :tongue:

Hi LukeD

their is a bug and glitch with the breakdown callout

Whenever asking for support or bug-reporting, please provide details on it.

Where did your bug happen? What were you doing? What did that callout do? Did LCPD:FR crash ("LCPD:FR encountered an error")?  & such details.

If my post made you laugh (or giggle) in any way, smash that blue grey "Like this" button & like it :smile:

If my answer to your Support Thread fixed your problem, please Vote it up by clicking the ^ (up) arrow to the left of my name.

Whenever asking for support or bug-reporting, please provide details on it.

Where did your bug happen? What were you doing? What did that callout do? Did LCPD:FR crash ("LCPD:FR encountered an error")?  & such details.

All he needs to do is read on how to report bugs, as posted by LukeD several times :) 

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

What's the difference between CarRemoval and the Tow Truck? also, if I wanted the modifier to be alt instead of shit, would it be "LAlt"?

Only things I didn't understand, this plugin is pretty neat!

Tow truck is....err...a tow truck.

Car Removal is a 2 cop team in which the passenger cop get's out and drives the car back to the impound lot (imaginary, it just drives out of existence)

As for the modifier key you would need "LMenu" or "Menu" I'm not sure which. (ALT key in code form is the menu key)

Tow truck is....err...a tow truck.

Car Removal is a 2 cop team in which the passenger cop get's out and drives the car back to the impound lot (imaginary, it just drives out of existence)

As for the modifier key you would need "LMenu" or "Menu" I'm not sure which. (ALT key in code form is the menu key)

Thanks. Hope to see a new bug update soon, I seem to get a lot of crashes with Callouts+. The only callout that doesn't work (So far) is the Car breakdown on the bridge, other than that when I place barriers too many times my script will crash. pretty much whats listed in the previous post(s) about what you are going to fix in the next update.

Other than that pretty nice :).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Great mod so far!

I ave a bug that gets me every time... the officer down scenario... i pull up, run to the officer and press E... player crouches down and then stays down with continual 'dinging' sound....he cant get up, and lcpdfr cashes... not even reloading the scripts helps... has happened twice now...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Doug

Love this mod, albeit it's stability isn't the best but it is a WIP.  I get some crashes sometimes when I call for a tow truck or car removal team, and then sometimes when I call for either of those two or an ambulance they won't leave the area after they're done.

• 2 weeks later...

Update Released!!!

Version 0.6 is now available to download!

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

This version was built on the LCPDFR 1.0d API, so using an outdated version will probably cause issues. Be sure to update.

Not much is included in this version, mostly bug fixes. but I included a new callout and some config file changes too.

go play, let me know how it runs! :D

Oh and

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

Update Released!!!

Version 0.6 is now available to download!

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

This version was built on the LCPDFR 1.0d API, so using an outdated version will probably cause issues. Be sure to update.

Not much is included in this version, mostly bug fixes. but I included a new callout and some config file changes too.

go play, let me know how it runs! :D

Oh and

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

Happy new years LukeD :) Going to test it out right now! Love to see how it runs on the more stable D release! Ten thumbs up! :)

Firstyminator

Awesome! A New Years present from LukeD :D

Happy New Year to you, & I hope you have a great year filled with happiness, success & prosperity ^-^

If my post made you laugh (or giggle) in any way, smash that blue grey "Like this" button & like it :smile:

If my answer to your Support Thread fixed your problem, please Vote it up by clicking the ^ (up) arrow to the left of my name.