[API][WIP/REL] Callouts+ - Additional LCPDFR API Callouts

Third party plugin was shutdown (Callouts+) when i try to spawn the police barrier. 

Mods I use:
Vdh police helper with Mett, towtruck

PD2 Blips

Hospital wake up fix

LCPDFR

IV Squared Map 

All Police vehicles modded (GTA 4)

Scripthook.net.dll

advancehook.net.dll

xliveless

dsound

The scenario is, before evening (20:00), then I spawned the barrier at a side walk (near burgershot in middle park), and the side walk or that piece of land in not straight so it is curvy or downway. I think there were nearby sidewalk planted trees, and I think it was caused by spawning it on a object (the tree)

I could give you my lcpdfr.log, etc tomorrow. I am not in my computer right now

sig.jpg

I'm not sure why but I just tried it and:

1) 1st try: Game froze on spawning barrier. Alt+Ctrl+Del > Crash

2) 2nd try: Game froze on calling towtruck. Alt+Ctrl+Del > Crash

No scripts crashed. So no error logs at all.

[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2v0db9x.png[/img]

Hi LukeD! Just encountered an error (worth saying, it's only one I came across) 

Third party plugin shutdown when I pressed "Y" to accept street race callout. Logfile attached. 

I use LCPDFR, ELS, some Yard1's cars, and new cops models. 

BTW, I didn't have any other errors, but when I call vehicle removals, they arrive and do nothing with vehicle (however, text message appears). 

To everyone that is currently having issues with version 0.5 of this mod:

If you encounter the following error in your LCPDFR log as a result of callouts+

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please can you try to run the plugin on it's own (in other words, only run LCPDFR 1.0c and callouts+) and report back your findings. the issues you are all getting did not happen once during testing (this was verified by another user). I also further tested by using the download version rather than my development build (thinking maybe it was a build issue) but this returned the same error free results.

It seems it may be an issue with running 0.5 and other mods, but this is unconfirmed.

Rest assured I am investigating the issue and hope to get a patch fix out as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the reports so far.

EDIT: Possibly fixed the issues, uploading the new beta 2 release now. Please go download it and test it.

I also added a nice friendly pdf user documents file for you folks that like to read :)

Edited by LukeD

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Better. But frankly speaking, after a lot of testing i have found that my game is more unstable with the new version. Its annoying when the game just crashes out of the blue every 10 minutes. I'd rather stick to 0.44a for now.

Better. But frankly speaking, after a lot of testing i have found that my game is more unstable with the new version. Its annoying when the game just crashes out of the blue every 10 minutes. I'd rather stick to 0.44a for now.

I never fixed the issue you reported. Why? You reported a game freeze, that could be down to literally anything and without a log file (I recognise you didn't get one) I can't fix your issues.

The issues I fixed with 0.5 b2 were to deal with the actual errors that were crashing the plugin itself, not GTA IV, these have yet to be reported on by the public.

I'm sorry you are having stability issues with 0.5, again without knowing why this is there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you for sticking with a previous version. Hopefully as new fixes become available you will find the newer versions more stable. Please note however that I cannot provide support for the older versions, so you will have to deal with any issues you encounter on your own.

Edited by LukeD

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

I never fixed the issue you reported. Why? You reported a game freeze, that could be down to literally anything and without a log file (I recognise you didn't get one) I can't fix your issues.

The issues I fixed with 0.5 b2 were to deal with the actual errors that were crashing the plugin itself, not GTA IV, these have yet to be reported on by the public.

I'm sorry you are having stability issues with 0.5, again without knowing why this is there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you for sticking with a previous version. Hopefully as new fixes become available you will find the newer versions more stable. Please note however that I cannot provide support for the older versions, so you will have to deal with any issues you encounter on your own.

Completely understandable. I wasn't complaining/demanding you to fix them either. I was just giving some feedback. If you are not replying to my posts, I'm grown up enough to understand what that means. And its understandable as well as fine by me.

Yeah, well, I never had any issues with 0.44a in the first place. Worked without a hitch anyway.

I have no clue as to what any of this information in my logs mean, so I've posted the log here.

LCPDFR crashed after responding to a call from the Wasteland mod. The call was to deal with a vehicle that had battery damage. After repairing the vehicle, the call completed. I then called a tow truck using Callouts+. The tow truck got stuck in traffic, so I canceled it and called in another one. The problems now occur here; I've explained and highlighted the problems in bold.

The tow truck spawns down the street, I can see it constantly back into a wall. It would accelerate, then back into the same wall. Rinse and repeat for about 25 seconds. The tow truck approaches me, I get into my cruiser and set up a small roadblock with Shift-U. As the tow truck pulls up the horn seems glitched, and constantly beeps in small broken bursts. The driver is sitting in the vehicle. This continues for about a minute. I then remove the Barrier I placed down with Shit-U, and the driver gets out as if everything is fine again. The driver of the tow truck stands beside the drivers seat door, and the vehicle appears and disappears constantly on the back of the tow truck for about 5 seconds, the horn is still honking like it's broken. After the 5 seconds have passed, the driver gets back in the truck, and the truck explodes. My LCPDFR then crashes and shows the little message at the top left.

This happens every time I call in a tow truck. 

Edited by CriminalKillaz

I have no clue as to what any of this information in my logs mean, so I've posted the log here.

<snip>

This happens every time I call in a tow truck. 

That has to be the most hilarious report I've ever seen. :D

The issues you have seems to be related to the fact that both the ped and the truck are stopped by the barrier. I'll add an exception to the barriers script and see if I can clean up the driving a little so they actually make it to you rather than total a wall. Unfortunately I am limited to GTA IV AI so don't hold your breath for this lol.

The issues you have seems to be related to the fact that both the ped and the truck are stopped by the barrier. I'll add an exception to the barriers script and see if I can clean up the driving a little so they actually make it to you rather than total a wall. Unfortunately I am limited to GTA IV AI so don't hold your breath for this lol.

Thanks a bunch! In the meantime If I need a good laugh, I'll just call in a tow truck LOL.

*chants* Video! Video! Video! Video!

To make this post not seem like totally about CriminalKillaz's hilarious tow truck company issues (issues something like this :wallbash: ), Great work on 0.5 b2 Luke :thumbsup:

If my post made you laugh (or giggle) in any way, smash that blue grey "Like this" button & like it :smile:

If my answer to your Support Thread fixed your problem, please Vote it up by clicking the ^ (up) arrow to the left of my name.

Hey bud. You're doing a fabulous job with Callouts+. I absolutely adore it!! Please don't change anything about what you're doing. :-)

And THANK you for adding the tow truck. Phenomenal improvement.

There are two bugs I wish to report. With the two 0.5 releases, I've had a lot of problems with the tow trucks and ambulances. First of all they seem to get stuck rather easily, and they also seem to be able to spawn in alleys, parking lots and the like, and then they are completely unable to get out. :)

Second of all I seem to get an awful lot of bugs when the drivers exit the vehicles, both the paramedics and the tow truck driver. I haven't established a complete pattern yet, but I just had the paramedic exit his ambulance and run to some other spot than to where the injured person actually lay on the sidewalk. Then I get about a thousand "beeps" and the well known error message about LCPDFR has encountered an error. I have attached the log files, mate.

Thanks again for your hard work. You make a lot of people very happy.  :thumbsup:

Best regards,
Christian

Thanks a bunch! In the meantime If I need a good laugh, I'll just call in a tow truck LOL.

Hey bud. You're doing a fabulous job with Callouts+. I absolutely adore it!! Please don't change anything about what you're doing. :-)

And THANK you for adding the tow truck. Phenomenal improvement.

<snip>

I've released a new patch fix, beta 3.

Hopefully this will address the few crashes still left behind and make slight amendments to the driving ability of the various dispatch units. Again sadly I am limited to GTA IV AI so if they start smashing through vehicles etc there really isn't much I can do.

I've also made it so the paramedic, and the tow truck and driver are exempt from the barriers script (so they will drive right around them) which may reduce glitches too.

Excellent, buddy. Can't wait to try it!

I just had an idea. In the vdh tow truck script, you could actually configure how the tow truck spawned. I loved that feature. There were three "speeds", and if you set it to the quickest one, the truck just spawned right in front of you, magically teleported the stranded vehicle onto its back and then disappeared again. No driving to and from. 

Would you be able to make something similar for the paramedics and tow truck? I don't mind at all that it isn't ultra-super-realistic and it just spawns right in front of me.

The way the ambulance spawns in the vdhPoliceHelper is also really appropriate, I think. It appears just slightly down the road and drives up rather slowly thus not plowing into cars and bystanders. :)

Would you be able to make a similar "spawn configuration" for the ambulance - like with the tow truck?

Thanks again for your work, buddy.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Best regards,
Christian

Excellent, buddy. Can't wait to try it!

I just had an idea. In the vdh tow truck script, you could actually configure how the tow truck spawned. I loved that feature.

<snip>

Added an option in the config file so you can choose a quick spawn method. This is applied to all of the dispatcher vehicles (ambulance, tow truck and removal team). When it is set to true, the vehicle will spawn a couple of feet outside the catch area that tells them to stop their vehicle and get out. Essentially this means it will spawn on the scene, do what they need to do and then drive away as if it was normal traffic.

I wont be adding the super speed option (teleport in, remove, teleport out) because that is utterly pointless. You might as well just spawn a barrier inside the car forcing it to delete itself, or ignore the corpse that is on the floor and let GTA IV handle it's removal.

This feature will be made available in the next public release, which will be out once I have been through everything to try and improve stability.

Got this error after calling a paramedic to help an injured civi. 

[ERROR - 1:28:22 PM] [Main] CRITICAL ERROR DURING MAINLOOP! REPORT THIS ISSUE AT LCPDFR.COM BY INCLUDING THIS LOGFILE.
[ERROR - 1:28:22 PM] [] GTA.NonExistingObjectException: Invalid call to an object that doesn't exist anymore!
   at GTA.Ped.get_Animation()
   at aq.bu()
   at LCPD_First_Response.LCPDFR.API.LPedBase.get_Animation()
   at CalloutsPlus.Dispatcher.<>c__DisplayClass1f.<paramedic_Tick>b__12(Object[] param0)
   at LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Timers.DelayedCaller.a()
   at LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Main.c()
[ERROR - 1:28:22 PM] [ExceptionHandler]  GTA.Ped.get_Animation() L_000d 
 aq.bu() L_0000 
 LCPD_First_Response.LCPDFR.API.LPedBase.get_Animation() L_0000 
 CalloutsPlus.Dispatcher+<>c__DisplayClass1f.<paramedic_Tick>b__12(Object[] param0) L_0001 
 LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Timers.DelayedCaller.a() L_04a4 
 LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Main.c() L_009e 
Error hash: 812777DB1B0D6D0397F095CAAF60CBE7B71398C6

Edit: I'm updated to the newest version. 
Edited by Abal

Hey LukeD.

I just saw this for the third time. Tow truck driver steps out and the car teleports onto the back of the truck. Then the truck sounds its horn for like 0.2 of a second and the car is "re-teleported" to the back of the truck. You could say that the car on the back of the trunk "blinks" att the exact same time the short honking of the truck horn sounds. This repeats itself about 15-30 times and then I get the standard shutdown error in LCPDFR. I am attaching the log files.

Thanks again for all your hard work, buddy.  :tongue:  :yes:  :yes:

Best regards,
Christian

Okay, I got another one. I hope I'm not too annoying with all those bug reports. :)

I just pressed E next to the officer down. I examined the cop for like 10 seconds and at the exact time the text "Suspect is in a black DUKES ..." appearted on screen, the standard LCPD error appeared on my screen and began to beep like crazy - like once every 1/10 of a second.

I am attaching the log files, buddy. :)

Guess who! It's the Danish terror again. :whistling:

This time I had two pedestrians who were killed by a gas tank detonation. I called for an ambulance. The driver drove up, stopped pretty close to the two injured people and then kept getting in and out of his vehicle. This repeated itself ad nauseum. :tongue:

Log files are attached. :rolleyes:

Posts merged. Please do not double post. - Staff

Edited by ineseri

Best regards,
Christian