[API][WIP/REL] Callouts+ - Additional LCPDFR API Callouts

Hmm.. I have another issue now, the third party plugin shuts down due to an unknown reason when I place a barrier at the crime scene of the callout of the mod. LCPDFR also reports an error in the log file when I accept a callout from the mod. I get 2 errors on the first callout. One reported in the log file and one shutting down the third party plugin. This only happens with 1.0d. Are you sure this is compatible? 

Is there another mod conflicting with this script mod? The only script mods I have installed are the indicator mod for  car turn signals, a flashlight mod for guns, and traffic flow.

Ray

Hmm.. I have another issue now, the third party plugin shuts down due to an unknown reason when I place a barrier at the crime scene of the callout of the mod. LCPDFR also reports an error in the log file when I accept a callout from the mod. I get 2 errors on the first callout. One reported in the log file and one shutting down the third party plugin. This only happens with 1.0d. Are you sure this is compatible? 

Is there another mod conflicting with this script mod? The only script mods I have installed are the indicator mod for  car turn signals, a flashlight mod for guns, and traffic flow.

It is compatible yes. You NEED 1.0d to run Callouts+ 0.6. If you had 1.0c, the plugin wouldn't be able to find certain API features and would crash instantly. Just the same as how you can't run Callouts+ without LCPDFR 1.0 installed, it's a plugin not a unique script. It depends on LCPDFR.

Now, on to these errors of yours. Both of the errors I read are from the breakdown callout and the barrier feature. These were reported by another user a few days ago, so I've already had chance to fix them.

The new release shouldn't be too long now. I'm sorry you're having a few problems, I am working on these round the clock I promise.

The best thing you can do to help reduce or prevent the crash you get is to not use the barriers until 0.6.1 is out. From my testing it's the barriers which are causing the issues not the callouts, but I've applied some more safety mechanisms into the callouts too.

0.6.1 should address the barriers issue, but it will also come with a nice new feature that I'm sure you will all like.

It will take me a little while to finish the release though, because I'm also in the process of completely rewriting the paramedic, removal team and tow truck. you'll see a significant improvement in these. But that's all I'm telling for now. 

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

It is compatible yes. You NEED 1.0d to run Callouts+ 0.6. If you had 1.0c, the plugin wouldn't be able to find certain API features and would crash instantly. Just the same as how you can't run Callouts+ without LCPDFR 1.0 installed, it's a plugin not a unique script. It depends on LCPDFR.

Now, on to these errors of yours. Both of the errors I read are from the breakdown callout and the barrier feature. These were reported by another user a few days ago, so I've already had chance to fix them.

The new release shouldn't be too long now. I'm sorry you're having a few problems, I am working on these round the clock I promise.

The best thing you can do to help reduce or prevent the crash you get is to not use the barriers until 0.6.1 is out. From my testing it's the barriers which are causing the issues not the callouts, but I've applied some more safety mechanisms into the callouts too.

0.6.1 should address the barriers issue, but it will also come with a nice new feature that I'm sure you will all like.

It will take me a little while to finish the release though, because I'm also in the process of completely rewriting the paramedic, removal team and tow truck. you'll see a significant improvement in these. But that's all I'm telling for now. 

Great work on the mod. :) I too experience some crashes with barrier's but I just solve it by not using them for now, and as for the paramedic, can you make it so they take dead and injured civilians? Currently I don't think they take dead bodies.

Hey LukeD, LCPDFR has released a new hotfix for the current version. It seems your current mod version (0.6) isn't compatible at all. For example, this mod's callout only happening once and won't occur anymore, so i have to restart the LCPDFR to get a new callout and i have to do it so on. Maybe you can fix the bug for the next version. I really appreciate with your great mod. Hope you able to fix it and more importantly, NEW FEATURE. Thanks man and good luck.

Edited by trgman

Hey LukeD, LCPDFR has released a new hotfix for the current version. It seems your current mod version (0.6) isn't compatible at all. For example, this mod's callout only happening once and won't occur anymore, so i have to restart the LCPDFR to get a new callout and i have to do it so on. Maybe you can fix the bug for the next version. I really appreciate with your great mod. Hope you able to fix it and more importantly, NEW FEATURE. Thanks man and good luck.

I've not had any issues running the mod on the new patch but then I run the version that is compiled on the newest patch so probably just a minor compatibility issue. I'm sorry it's causing issues.

I wont be making a new release yet, it's my birthday in 2 days and then 3 days after that my exams start. Once my exams are finished I can continue to work on the plugin.

New feature needs a lot more time investing into it which is why I've postponed the next release. (I had hoped to have it ready for this patch)

I've also began work on a new callout which works fine now but I want to add a lot more to it.

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Having some crashes related to the removal and tow functions. Mostly happening when I try dismissing ones that aren't making very good progress.

2015-01-11 04:50:20 - Error during Tick in script 'LCPDFR_Loader.Loader':
GTA.NonExistingObjectException: Invalid call to an object that doesn't exist anymore!
   at GTA.Vehicle.get_Position()
   at k.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1) in c:UsersLukeGoogle DriveC# DevelopmentCallouts+ (Build)Garages.cs:line 34
   at GTA.Timer.EachTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at GTA.Script.DoTick()
   at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

2015-01-11 05:00:09 - Error during Tick in script 'LCPDFR_Loader.Loader':
GTA.NonExistingObjectException: Invalid call to an object that doesn't exist anymore!
   at GTA.Ped.get_Position()
   at k.r(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1) in c:UsersLukeGoogle DriveC# DevelopmentCallouts+ (Build)Dispatcher.cs:line 536
   at GTA.Script.DoTick()

Having some crashes related to the removal and tow functions. Mostly happening when I try dismissing ones that aren't making very good progress.

2015-01-11 04:50:20 - Error during Tick in script 'LCPDFR_Loader.Loader':
   at GTA.Vehicle.get_Position()
   at k.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1) in c:UsersLukeGoogle DriveC# DevelopmentCallouts+ (Build)Garages.cs:line 34
   at GTA.Script.DoTick()

2015-01-11 05:00:09 - Error during Tick in script 'LCPDFR_Loader.Loader':
   at k.r(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1) in c:UsersLukeGoogle DriveC# DevelopmentCallouts+ (Build)Dispatcher.cs:line 536
   at GTA.Script.DoTick()

Are you using 1.0d or 1.0d (hotfix 1)?

Are you using 1.0d or 1.0d (hotfix 1)?

Should be 1.0d1, but I was just going to re-download and re-install both mods to make sure; I'll post again if they, and some issues with the paramedic and tow driver abandoning their vehicle and walking away/despawning, continue.

Should be 1.0d1, but I was just going to re-download and re-install both mods to make sure; I'll post again if they, and some issues with the paramedic and tow driver abandoning their vehicle and walking away/despawning, continue.

It may well be an issue with 1.0d(1). The latest release of Callouts+ was built on 1.0d not the hotfix so it could just be a little glitch that stops it working properly.

It may well be an issue with 1.0d(1). The latest release of Callouts+ was built on 1.0d not the hotfix so it could just be a little glitch that stops it working properly.

Ah. I had wondered if you had gotten around to that hotfix yet, but I hadn't noticed.

Yep, still happening after a re-install of both.

2015-01-11 05:34:58 - Error during Tick in script 'LCPDFR_Loader.Loader':
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at GTA.Script.DoTick()

Edited by The Loot

Ah. I had wondered if you had gotten around to that hotfix yet, but I hadn't noticed.

Yep, still happening after a re-install of both.

2015-01-11 05:34:58 - Error during Tick in script 'LCPDFR_Loader.Loader':
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at GTA.Script.DoTick()

I would have made a hotfix release myself to ensure compatibility but I've been working on such a massive overhaul of the paramedic, tow truck and removal team that I actually don't see it a wise choice to go back to the old methods.

I've seen a massive improvement in these during testing, it's also made it so I can explore more functionality with them as I'm no longer restricted.

Awesome news!

I agree: if you've done an overhaul on your code, might as well focus on it instead of the old.

A few suggestions for things I've noticed for the moment.

• Is it possible to spawn vehicles in the middle of intersections to give them a better chance of orienting themselves correctly?
  • Tow trucks don't follow the rules of the road very well, unlike the removal team. They also sometimes spawn real close.
  • Would it be possible to mark nearby injured or dead peds and keep them safe from deletion? That was one thing the Ambulance feature from Police Helper (and Coroner mod) had so they wouldn't de-spawn when you looked away.
  • Related, could we get two paramedics in the ambulance, so they can deal with two people at once?
  • Also related,  if there are more injured people around, would it be possible for another ambulance to automatically be called when the first is done?
  • One last ambulance related thing: is it possible to check for already existing vehicles to use instead of spawning another? Same with removal teams (any nearby cop car with two passengers, or a foot cop).
Edited by The Loot

Awesome news!

I agree: if you've done an overhaul on your code, might as well focus on it instead of the old.

A few suggestions for things I've noticed for the moment.

• Is it possible to spawn vehicles in the middle of intersections to give them a better chance of orienting themselves correctly?
  • Tow trucks don't follow the rules of the road very well, unlike the removal team. They also sometimes spawn real close.
  • Would it be possible to mark nearby injured or dead peds and keep them safe from deletion? That was one thing the Ambulance feature from Police Helper (and Coroner mod) had so they wouldn't de-spawn when you looked away.
  • Related, could we get two paramedics in the ambulance, so they can deal with two people at once?
  • Also related,  if there are more injured people around, would it be possible for another ambulance to automatically be called when the first is done?
  • One last ambulance related thing: is it possible to check for already existing vehicles to use instead of spawning another? Same with removal teams (any nearby cop car with two passengers, or a foot cop).

As I said....

"it's also made it so I can explore more functionality with them as I'm no longer restricted."

You'll just have to wait and see :P

I've also seen this pop, but not sure if it's related to Callouts+ or not.

2015-01-11 07:04:32 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
   at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
   at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
   at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
   at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
   at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
   at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
   at GTA.NetHook.Tick()

And yes, running 1.0d1 and dismissing vehicles definitely causes those issues.

Awesome news. I was afraid you'd be too busy awaiting GTA V to spend any more time at making your mod better. 

I will be, but that's not going to be moddable for a few months after the release so I'll still be around modding GTA IV until we migrate over (if possible).

I've also seen this pop, but not sure if it's related to Callouts+ or not.

2015-01-11 07:04:32 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
   at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
   at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
   at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
   at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
   at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
   at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
   at GTA.NetHook.Tick()

And yes, running 1.0d1 and dismissing vehicles definitely causes those issues.

That's not an error caused by my plugin directly, it's a pretty generic error when modding.

Hello Sergeant @LukeD

Thanks for this GREAT mode!

I do apologize if there is an answer for this but I couldn't find anything to solve my issue!

Yesterday my friend introduced me to this Lcpdfr Community which it was pretty good and I Installed this version> LCPD First Response 1.0d (Hotfix 1) (1. LCPD First Response 1.0d_2 Automatic Install.zip).

Also I decided to expand my mode by Installing yours,I followed your instruction in ReadME.txt and copy paste files as you said there, But in game it seems that the mode is not working! Im using default setting of Calloutsplus.ini file but everytime im trying to call paramedic,tow truck, place barrier and etc.... Nothing will happen its like there is no mode like this running in game!

Can you please help me to fix this?

5a8647a49a330_ezgif.com-resize(1).gif.e1ade408163fd3ea1b30f90a9cd5fdfe.gif

I love this mod. The only problem I have is every time the vehicle removal team can't/doesn't reach the vehicle, they stay there. When I press the button again to remove them, the callouts freeze and LCPDFR wont respond to simple commands such as lights... It makes it tough do to the fact that I have to keep reloading the game for it to work properly. 

Cleveland Native, US Air Force Vet, avid flight simmer, part time Los Santos cop
90th FS Pair-O-Dice
"Roll the Dice, Pay the Price"

PATCHsmall.png

The deal with the removal team (and possibly the tow) is that you have to be nearby for them to do what they do: usually the officer leaves the patrol car and goes for the vehicle once I get close to them.

They also drive like normal traffic, which means stopping at lights and not overtaking, which means they can take a while to get there.

Plus it seems that the latest version of LCPDFR messes up and crashses something critical if you try to dismiss either removal or tow vehicles.