thegreathah

Baton Rouge Shooting. Three Officers feared dead.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/report-three-baton-rouge-police-officers-shot-near-brpd-hq/275260120

11:23ET 3 Officers are now confirmed dead.

Everybody in all walks of life, this killings must stop. I value life more than anything and the fact that taking a police officer's life over the FEELINGS of the two recent police shootings is UNACCEPTABLE.

May god be in their prayers! Please bless them and acknowledge in your condolences.

Edited by wteoh1

It's a shame the things which are becoming normal; terror attacks in Europe is nearly a monthly thing, and police officers being picked off in the US is almost a weekly thing.

Woman called the police saying her nephew is involved, requested to meet an officer at a church. Commander screamed not to go alone and ordered a perimeter setup around it.

Video of shooting:

3 officers confirmed dead now, incident involved Sheriff's (I can't remember what agency) and Cyprus Police.

Witness video on phone showed at least 2 shooters.

Witness says it started with a perp on perp shooting that police were responding to, then shots were fired at police

Edited by c13

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

Enough is enough. This needs to end now.

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, Dispatch and Civilian. More information here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSIONS ON UNLOCKED PARTS OF MINE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE! YOU WILL BE TOLD NO!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR UNLOCKED PARTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRADE!

This last week has been terrible. Dallas Shooting, Nice Attacks, failed coup d'etat in Turkey, and now this. 

I honestly hope that the suspect burns in hell, and that the officers will rest in peace.

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

-Erwin Rommel

1 hour ago, FRGamer said:

Weekly thing here in America, got used to it by now unfortunately.

Weekly thing? Please. The attacks on LE and the anti-LE rhetoric flying around right now isn't something that has been seen before.

Even in the 60s and 70s, attacks on LEOs were not that brazen.

Terrible, but I hate to say I'm not too surprised. If all that's shown through the media is officers killing people and all that's discussed by community and national leaders is perceived issues of law enforcement with race its a ticking time bomb for people to act out violently. With guns, knives, vehicles even bombs (I read they were sending in an EOD bot to check the slain suspect's body for explosives). The rhetoric towards police in the United States even up to our highest officials has gotten absolutely despicable.

If you were being told officers were driving around wildly looking for racial minorities or anyone of any group to murder for no reason (as the media & social media outlets seem to have a vested interest in making people believe), it would absolutely justify a violent response. The problem is, thats simply not the truth.

1 minute ago, nic227 said:

but what I do know is that no fucking civilian needs a fully automatic rifle for ANY reason, or a handgun to carry around everywhere.

And you don't even know that. Fully automatic firearms have been illegal to manufacture for commercial sale since 1984, and anyone who does purchase one manufactured before then (very few, since the cheapest cost $5,000) have to undergo a 6 month background investigation.

Unfortunately, you're about as educated about these issues as the politicians creating the laws.

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

18 minutes ago, c13 said:

And you don't even know that. Fully automatic firearms have been illegal to manufacture for commercial sale since 1984, and anyone who does purchase one manufactured before then (very few, since the cheapest cost $5,000) have to undergo a 6 month background investigation.

Unfortunately, you're about as educated about these issues as the politicians creating the laws.

I don't understand why anyone would need a semi-automatic killing machine either. 

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

23 minutes ago, c13 said:

That is one hell of a disrespectful and uneeded personal attack right there... :(

30 minutes ago, c13 said:

Maybe you should "educate" yourself about the gun laws in Lousiana:

• Registration of rifles and shotguns? No
  • Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No
  • Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No
  • Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No

Louisiana has some of the most Lenient of gun laws in the country. 

And even if Louisiana had gun laws, they can just drive over to good ol' 'bama because there:

Licensed dealers are required to process background checks through the FBI prior to completing a sale. Licensed dealers must keep a record of every handgun sold, including the purchaser's signature and particular information about the firearm being sold. Private sales of handguns and long guns are legal and no background check is required; however, it is unlawful to sell a firearm to a prohibited person

Edited by thegreathah

Nobody outside of law enforcement or the military should have access to a high powered, fully automatic, rifle. Period. What the hell do you want one for anyway? Protection? What are you gonna do, sleep with it under your pillow? Give me a break.

1 minute ago, Illusionyary said:

Nobody outside of law enforcement or the military should have access to a high powered, fully automatic, rifle. Period. What the hell do you want one for anyway? Protection? What are you gonna do, sleep with it under your pillow? Give me a break.

They need to protect themselves from the nasty liberal government of course, or they are just really shitty hunters.