Nutt

[REL] Law Enforcement Jurisdiction Script

Introduction:

Hello everyone, I’m pleased and very excited to introduce the “Law Enforcement Jurisdiction Script” or L.E.J.S. for short. The script was designed and outlined as a team project between Albo1125 and myself, with a helping hand (beta testing) from my friend EVI. This mod was designed in-mind to give the end-user more control over the policing powers within GTA V. By allowing most, if not all, the functionality of governing which departments have jurisdictions over what parts of Los Santos. With this script you’ll have the power on setting up which areas of patrols… what particular vehicle(s) are in use… what particular Law Enforcement Officer(s) are in use... are they stationed or patrolling… what time of day or night… and much-much more.

Police Jurisdiction:

Police jurisdiction refers to the legal authority for police to enforce laws and the specific geographical area in which this authority exists. Police officers generally have jurisdiction to enforce the laws of a local geographic area or the entire state in which they serve. By contrast, federal officers, such as FBI agents, carry out the enforcement of federal laws throughout the entire country.

Jurisdictions and Policing Possibilities:

• Border and Customs Enforcement.

• Wildlife and Game Enforcement.

• City, State and Federal Buildings Patrols.

• County Roads, Freeways, Highways and Byways Patrols.

• Road Construction Assistance and Enforcement.

• Railroads and Train Yards Patrols.

• Subways and Trollies Patrols.

• Airport Policing and Security Enforcement.

• Marina, Beach and Shipyard Patrols.

• Coast Guard Patrols.

• Public and Private Property Security Patrol. That’s right!!! Our three protagonists can have timed or 24/7 Security on their properties.

• Or any other area of Law Enforcement and Security that you can think of.

Summary:

L.E.J.S. allows the end-user to customize their needs within the .INI file (example below), by giving the end-user certain key variables on achieving their goals. The script will be an ongoing project (add-ons, updates, tweaking, etc…) that will give the end-user even more control over time.

Standard Blank Jurisdiction Template:

[Jurisdiction Name]

Emergency Vehicle=VehicleModelHere

Peds Spawned in Vehicle=True/False

Ped Model 1=PedModelHere/Blank

Ped Model 2=PedModelHere/Blank

Ped Model 3=PedModelHere/Blank

Ped Model 4=PedModelHere/Blank

Sirens Active=True/False

Patrolling=True/False

Patrol Area Size=AnyNumberFrom10-350

X=XCoordinate

Y=YCoordinate

Z=ZCoordinate

Heading=HeadingNumber

Shift Start Time=MilitaryTimeHere(e.g. 00:00)

Shift Stop Time=MilitaryTimeHere(e.g. 22:15)

Vehicle Blip=True/False

A Template Filled-in and Ready for Action:

[Airport Field Entrance 1]

Emergency Vehicle=cvpidtw

Peds Spawned in Vehicle=True

Ped Model 1=S_M_Y_Cop_01

Ped Model 2=

Ped Model 3=

Ped Model 4=

Sirens Active=True

Patrolling=False

Patrol Area Size=70

X=-954.17309570313

Y=-2782.0227050781

Z=13.546529769897

Heading=330.5998840332

Shift Start Time=00:00

Shift Stop Time=00:00

Vehicle Blip=true

Q&A Time:

Q. Release Date?

A. The expected release date is January 25th, 2016. This may change at any time and for any reason due to various circumstances.

Q. How many Jurisdictions Patrol Profiles can I create within the .INI file?

A. Creating Jurisdiction profiles are limitless. That being said, I would personally suggest on keeping each Jurisdiction Profile or area of patrol vehicle count under twenty-five (25). Especially if you’re using non-vanilla vehicles. In other words: You can have hundreds and hundreds of patrol spots… just keep each Jurisdiction or area of patrol under twenty-five (25) vehicles if possible.

Q. Can the end-user create Jurisdictions and patrol points all across Los Santos?

A. Yes.    

Q. How accurate are the Jurisdictions and patrolling setups?

A. The script is very accurate to what the .INI file is setup to do (by you). The axis (x, y, and z) coordinates, heading coordinates and the area of patrol size, are very important key components on giving the user more accuracy on creating believable Jurisdictions patrols.

Q. Will there be a default .INI file with Jurisdiction and patrolling points?

A. Yes. Just a few on getting you started… and yes, they can be altered to your needs.

Q. Can I use custom and/or renamed patrol vehicles?

A. Yes. Example: I have a custom police cruiser named cvpidtw (DTW being the Detroit Metro Airport Handle), that patrols the airport only. J

Q. Can I use civilian cars?

A. Yes.

Q. Do the Officers react to crimes?

A. Yes. And if you have vehicle blips enabled, it’s pretty unique seeing officers leaving their assigned areas of patrols, then aiding the officer in need.

Q. The Officers that are patrolling… do they roam away from their areas of assignments?

A. No. As long as the end-user sets the “area of patrol size” and “coordinates” in the .INI file, the patrolling Officers will only patrol their Jurisdiction and return to their initial starting points.

Q. How do I get the axis and heading coordinates for my particular patrol needs?

A. Built within L.E.J.S. is a RageHook (F4) console command 'SaveLEJSLocationInfo' that captures the needed data in a LEJS save locations text file within the Plugins folder.

Q. Do you offer support on installing the “Get Info Mod” and “LUA Plugins”?

A. No.   

Q. Will there be a thread on sharing locations and coordinates?

A. Sure will. I figured some end-users may-not want to go through the hassle of plugging in data. So there will be a thread where users can share their Jurisdiction setups and/or patrolling spots (with photos) – so that others can decide if its fits their needs.

Q. How stable is the script?

A. Though the current script is in beta form - it’s stable. No major problems to report.

Q. Key features?

A. Most of the key features that you will see, are within the .INI file. However, I believe the master viewing mode (F3 Key by default) is quite impressive. You can verify the areas of patrols that you created (per immediate surrounding area), and modify them later based on your observation. And if you set the blip feature (per car) within the .INI file, you’ll see the vehicles in real-time (especially the vehicles that are set to patrol) doing their job and the area of scope that you set.

Q. What are the red and green blips in the master viewing mode (F3)?

A. If enabled in the .INI file (per vehicle), the master viewing mode lets the user know which vehicles are stationed (red) and which ones are patrolling (green).  

Q. How do I reload the script if it stops working completely?

A.  Bring up the Rage Plugin Console. First, if necessary, unload the plugin by typing UnloadPlugin “Law Enforcement Jurisdiction Script.dll” and pressing enter. You can then reload it by typing LoadPlugin “Law Enforcement Jurisdiction Script.dll” and pressing enter.

Some words from Albo1125           

I’m really excited to have worked on this! Most things to say have been said above, but I’d like to add a one more thing. Happy patrolling!

Q. Can I easily make changes to the INI file while in game?

A. Absolutely! When you’re in master viewing mode (F3), you can reload the values from the INI file by pressing F5 (default). You will see the changes you made are immediately reflected by the master viewing mode for easy editing and perfectioning of your jurisdictions.

Quick demo setup of patrol points set for the Airport and Stadium... patrolled by two separate departments.

A short video showing the Law Enforcement Jurisdiction Script specifically setup with Policing and Security Services within a particular area. This demo shows the University of Michigan Police watching/patrolling the college campus (only), and Critical Intervention Services watching over our three protagonists properties.

Mr. Officers how did you get there... :ninja:

Spoiler

I%20see%20you%201_zpsaa6vsceq.png

I%20see%20you%202_zps7osqm1x6.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Update

A look at the newly updated .INI file, with a jurisdiction point (vehicle) ready for action. The updated L.E.J.S. script (01/25/16 release candidate) now comes with three (3) new options. Vehicle Livery Support, Extra IDs and Activation Boundary. Vehicle Livery Support for supporting which livery you want to use, Extra IDs for supporting any vehicle extras that you want spawned (push bars, spotlights, shotgun/rifle ballistic rack, lighting, etc...), and Activation Boundary on keeping vehicles in memory (alive) within the scope you set (please remember, when using the "Activation Boundary" setting, that it can effect performance based on how many vehicles that are kept alive in memory, and the scope you set for them). 

FYI: The BOLD lines represents optional adds... meaning, you do not have to use them for every jurisdiction point (vehicle) that you create. :thumbsup:  

Default template look.   

[Jurisdiction Name]

Emergency Vehicle=VehicleModelHere

Vehicle Livery Number= LiveryNumber
Extra IDs=
1,2,3,etc... (Vehicle extra numbers to be activated, separated by commas)

Peds Spawned in Vehicle=True/False
Ped Model 1=PedModelHere

Ped Model 2=PedModelHere
Ped Model 3=PedModelHere
Ped Model 4=PedModelHere

Sirens Active=True/False
Activation Boundary=Number

Patrolling=True/False
Patrol Area Size=AnyNumberFrom10-350
X=XCoordinate
Y=YCoordinate
Z=ZCoordinate
Heading=HeadingNumber

Shift Start Time=00:00
Shift Stop Time=00:00

Vehicle Blip=True/False

Jurisdiction vehicle ready for action...     

[Airport Police: World Way Rd. Fleet Vehicle v2]

Emergency Vehicle=cvpidtw
Vehicle Livery Number=2
Extra IDs=1,3,4
Peds Spawned in Vehicle=False
Ped Model 1=S_M_Y_Cop_01

Ped Model 2=
Ped Model 3=
Ped Model 4=
Sirens Active=False
Activation Boundary=250
Patrolling=False
Patrol Area Size=100
X=-876.60113525391
Y=-2416.2463378906
Z=13.52522277832
Heading=175.50091552734
Shift Start Time=15:00
Shift Stop Time=21:00
Vehicle Blip=true

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Update

First look at the nice and simplistic .INI editor for editing (duh!) and creating jurisdictions setups. It keeps you from bouncing around and getting crossed eyed in the busy .INI file.  And lastly, L.E.J.S. will now be able to handle zones (over 90 zones) selections. :thumbsup:

You now have the option (outside of coordinates) on randomly spawning your vehicles of choice, within the zones you selected.

Albo, is putting in work... :ninja:

Initial view of the L.E.J.S. editor.

Editor1_zpstfc27ufw.jpg

Editor displaying some charted points.

Editor3_zpsxwujagkt.jpg

Editor displaying the "Zone" selection option.

Editor2_zpssro2my46.jpg

Tutorial by the almighty Oz himself - Albo!

https://youtu.be/pLKJE4S3jEY

Released: 

Edited by Nutt

So you mean we can have small town departments patrolling smaller towns and cities and have airport/port police?!?!?! I love you.

29 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

So you mean we can have small town departments patrolling smaller towns and cities and have airport/port police?!?!?! I love you.

Yes. Exactly. :smile:

Looks revolutionary so far. Two questions from me:

Would it be possible to set vehicles to certain liveries?

And would it be possible to set a general area for patrolling instead of a limited radius, like Paleto Bay?

2 hours ago, c13 said:

Looks revolutionary. so far. Two questions from me:

And would it be possible to set a general area for patrolling instead of a limited radius, like Paleto Bay?

1. Not at this time. 

2. If you set the radius appropriately, sure. You can't just type in a district name yet though, you'll have to set values yourself. I'm sure the upcoming ini thread will see people doing this kind of thing, though. 

This is amazing! Would it be an idea to make a thread where users can post their .INI jurisdictions?

4 hours ago, ed1984 said:

I've wanted this for a long time, and even requested it from Sam. This will be awesome!

Back in GTA IV I wanted this as well. I was messing around with the cargroup and pedpop files on achieving this. But really inadequate on many levels...

4 hours ago, Lundy said:

Will this be using that "Map Editor" mod that everyone seems to be using to spawn the cops around the place, or will this be activated by RagePluginHook?

No map editor. Self-contained script.

2 hours ago, c13 said:

Looks revolutionary. so far. Two questions from me:

Albo1125 beat me to the punch.... :)

29 minutes ago, iDonkey said:

This is amazing! Would it be an idea to make a thread where users can post their .INI jurisdictions?

This was already mentioned in the Q&A... but yes, there will be an official thread on sharing .INI setups.

This looks, interesting.

Is it using the LSPDFR API or standalone and how does it interact with police units spawned by other plugins?

So, from the sounds of it, this is a "scenario" script, but nothing to do with the wanted system? Was kind of hoping for a script that would allow finer control of the game's wanted dispatch, like LSPDFR's planned 3.0 feature. Pretty cool, though.

1 hour ago, LukeD said:

This looks, interesting.

Is it using the LSPDFR API or standalone and how does it interact with police units spawned by other plugins?

Once 0.3 is released, I hope I can make the patrols tie in with any LSPDFR pursuits. Gonna have to wait for the new API, though.

1 hour ago, The Loot said:

So, from the sounds of it, this is a "scenario" script, but nothing to do with the wanted system? Was kind of hoping for a script that would allow finer control of the game's wanted dispatch, like LSPDFR's planned 3.0 feature. Pretty cool, though.

They do chase you when you're wanted (if you meant GTA's classic wanted level with stars).

I really hope you can get it so that we can make a vehicle spawn with a specific livery. That would be amazing.

I already think this is amazing btw but I think that would be awesome too!

Just imagine 

2 hours ago, Virzza said:

I really hope you can get it so that we can make a vehicle spawn with a specific livery. That would be amazing.

I already think this is amazing btw but I think that would be awesome too!

Just imagine, districts that spawn specific liveries or units. Dreams can be gold. :(=)

2 hours ago, Azteco said:

Just imagine 

Just imagine, districts that spawn specific liveries or units. Dreams can be gold. :(=)

You can spawn/setup specific vehicles on patrolling certain areas. Livery support later down the line....

Quick demo setup of patrol points set for the Airport and Stadium... patrolled by two separate departments.

Edited by Nutt