Sam

LSPDFR Future Development

Can't be said any better. If people want to complain about the mod not being good, then develop your own addons such as callotus and pat-downs and breathalyzers.

"I love you all, and that's why we don't get caught doing naughty things!" - GTA V Heist Dude.

You guys did a amazing job! It took so little time to develop this mod like this, and it's amazing. So take your time for further development. I wouldn't juge you if you asked a few dollars for this mod, and I think almost everybody would pay it. So people keep in mind that there doing this because they love it. Thanks G17 media!

Modder started out of passion - Follow me on YouTube - Pim DSLR Productions

Hell of a job guys, looking forward to future releases! To the fathers, Happy fathers day!

"Over the years, we do some things,
some good, some bad. Decisions that help one person and hurt another. In the end, we make sacrifices, live with them."

Okay so for the next LSPDFR is is there going to be Multiplayer because i really expecting that until rage hook came.

No they do not and at this time will not support online 

Obline modding is a big no no with rockstar for this ver ofgta5

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

So, what does this mean for future development?

We'll do what we can with what we have.  Indeed, as time goes by, more progress will be made.  There have been all sorts of features requested, like using the police station interior found in GTA: Online during the Prison Break Heist for booking suspects, etc.  This has always been a planned feature of LSPDFR ever since I first saw the interior.  Using the interior is entirely different thing, however, as it is simply not loaded outside of Online.  There is literally no way to load the interior through native script function invocation - it would require modifications to GTA V's memory, and despite trying for two weeks to do this, we were unsuccessful.

The most important thing to take away from LSPDFR at this stage is how far we've come in under two months of development of the modification.  We've introduced beautiful new cinematics, we've drastically improved usability by limiting the number of functions bound to keys and implementing more intuitive ways of doing things.  You don't need to remember four different keys for backup anymore, you don't need to hope that the unit you request will come to you instead of a pursuit, and you have more choice over backup units than ever before.  Likewise, we've added our own custom pursuit AI, literally written from scratch, to stop the LSPD from decimating your suspects.  Not only that, but we've finely tuned this through weeks of development to the point where you can have one hundred units in a pursuit, and not drop below 30 fps on capable systems.

Of course, if that wasn't enough, the first release of LSPDFR is more stable than any previous release of LCPDFR.

Well Sam and staff couple questions for y'all

1.) would it have not just been easier to use scripthook and scripthook.net ?

2.) with LSPDFR traffic stop's this mod (police modc) gets a license to pop up ( nolt an actually license ) telling you their name license number maybe look at what they did to see if it could be expanded ?

3.) also their is a script out there that adds more animations to the defualt one's  maybe some how some way animations for police coould bee added / included in that script/ expanded

Don't gets me wrong me loves gta5 LSPDFR and all them been here for so long least 4 maybe 5 year's
:sweat:   well except ragehook = pain in the butt  :unsure:

But Good Job with LSPDFR :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by K-9 police 9

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

You did really good job with the mod especially it's two months after the game was released. It contains very basic things but what's most important that the mod exist and you guys are developing it. I'm really happy about it and we're all looking forward for the updates. Keep on your work, you've done a great progress so far!

I believe once the api is opened developers like myself will be able to help fill in the gap while you perfect the official code. I know it'd probably still be related to callouts only but it allows more hands to contribute.

On a side note..you are a pure genius. I'm sure you hate hearing how talented you are but I was double blown away once I seen your age.

Looking forward to what's to come

It is good to address it but in reality people will just overlook the fact that you slave away at this and not really appreciate what they have right now. I'll play it when I'm bored because it doesn't have the features to make it in depth and fun for hours on end. However, I know how much work it took for LCPDFR to get where it was and was blown away you released something so well polished right off the bat. Best of luck.

Visit me on youtube. The most common reason for crashing is user error. Make sure you have the latest RAGE, ScripthookV, ScripthookVdotnet and turn off your antivirus. Make sure you have an up to date gameconfig.xml as well. Use Allbo's plugin troubleshooter to find any errors too. 

@sam and all members of the dev staff. Kudos to you guys for releasing such a stable mod to the GTAV community. I have played about 6-8hrs of the mod and have still yet to be bored. I patrol and let the environment dictate what I do. For instance I was sitting outside the Downtown station in my unmarked cruiser and watched a car jacking happen 1 blocks away. I proceeded to chase the car jacking suspect for 20 mins with 2 PD, 2 state patrol and a air unit in tow, it felt amazing and I was never over taken during that time.

LSPDFR has given me a reason to play GTAV again and I am seeing the game and it's natural environment thru a cops eyes now and I want to thank you guys for it.

To those of you that say it is boring, look around, patrol. You will see cars running stop signs, car jackings, drug deals, drunk in public, random fights, you name it. You just have to let the natural GTAV environment play out and respond accordingly. I am anxiously awaiting more 3rd party addons to accentuate the LSPDFR experience, until you guys add more.  

Awesome job.  Love playing it, the long pursuits are amazing.  The backup system is way more than I expected.  Top notch.  And no crashes !  Now if only there was more time in the day to play ;)

Getting bored roleplaying?  Need ideas for calls to respond to?  Try out http://sandyshorespd.weebly.com/  Tons of role play dispatches to use your imagination on.

I just simply like the fact that there is hope to develop LSPDFR further and further. At least we have some stuff we can do in LSPDFR Beta that we wasnt able to do in the Beta release of LCPDFR.

Overview

With all the discussion about the features in LSPDFR being a hot topic right now, I'd like to take the time to provide some information on the current state of script modifications in GTA V and what our plans for future versions of LSPDFR are.

A lot of people have expressed their desire for things like stop and frisk, more detail on traffic stops, etc. which we introduced in LCPDFR to be added to LSPDFR.  Yes, these are pretty important features, but they are also ones which we're just not quite ready to implement in the mod due to the current state of script development for GTA V and some limitations in the game itself.  Let me make it quite clear that nobody is saying that these limitations will never be resolved - it is highly likely that they will be, however this is unfortunately a process that takes time.  Perhaps now would be a good time to remind everyone that the game was released two months ago.

If we compare the first version of LSPDFR to the first version of LCPDFR, the huge amount of differences between the two is immediately clear, with just a few below:

• No pursuits
  • No callouts
  • No suspect transporation
  • No AI management
  • No ambient features
  • And it crashed every 5 minutes

The first version of LSPDFR was never going to be LCPDFR 1.0.  There was an almost two year gap between the LCPDFR 0.95 series and the first release of LCPDFR 1.0.  Additionally, LCPDFR 1.0 was also developed a whopping four years after the release of the game - when almost every scripting function for GTA IV was documented and when nearly anything in the game could be modified.  Furthermore, we had amazing developments in scripting like AdvancedHook, allowing us the possibility to access the game's internal memory, giving birth to features like helicopter searchlights and muted sirens.  Despite there being two months since release, these are features that are both in LSPDFR 0.1.

What about stop and frisk, etc.?

Of course, one of the things that the first version of LCPDFR did include was the ability to search suspects.  This was done by going up to literally anyone and pressing ALT + F, which in case you had by some miracle aligned everything properly, would result in the player patting down thin air.  Nicely though, this animation was something we had to work with in GTA IV.  In GTA V, as far as we know yet (and we've looked over a list containing more than 35,000 animations), there is no such thing.

Beyond this, we've been asked why it is simply not able to stop pedestrians yet, or why you have to aim at a suspect to arrest them.  The answer is simply that because of technical limitations caused by the game being only two months old, we don't have access to the internal pool containing all of the game's pedestrians.  At the moment, we can only detect certain ones (e.g. ones the player has aimed at, or ones that are spawned by mods), which makes coding what you might think to be 'simple' features, actually quite hard.

On a related note, because of this, we don't have access to every police officer in the game either, meaning we can't manage every cop like we did in GTA IV.  Although it should be noted that we only started managing every cop in the game in LCPDFR 1.0, which again, was four years after the game was released.

So, what does this mean for future development?

We'll do what we can with what we have.  Indeed, as time goes by, more progress will be made.  There have been all sorts of features requested, like using the police station interior found in GTA: Online during the Prison Break Heist for booking suspects, etc.  This has always been a planned feature of LSPDFR ever since I first saw the interior.  Using the interior is entirely different thing, however, as it is simply not loaded outside of Online.  There is literally no way to load the interior through native script function invocation - it would require modifications to GTA V's memory, and despite trying for two weeks to do this, we were unsuccessful.

The most important thing to take away from LSPDFR at this stage is how far we've come in under two months of development of the modification.  We've introduced beautiful new cinematics, we've drastically improved usability by limiting the number of functions bound to keys and implementing more intuitive ways of doing things.  You don't need to remember four different keys for backup anymore, you don't need to hope that the unit you request will come to you instead of a pursuit, and you have more choice over backup units than ever before.  Likewise, we've added our own custom pursuit AI, literally written from scratch, to stop the LSPD from decimating your suspects.  Not only that, but we've finely tuned this through weeks of development to the point where you can have one hundred units in a pursuit, and not drop below 30 fps on capable systems.

Of course, if that wasn't enough, the first release of LSPDFR is more stable than any previous release of LCPDFR.

I think that the first release of LSPDFR is very good considering its age. It is amazing what the development team has accomplished in the short period of time since the game release, and with such limited access to game resources. I cannot wait for "LSPDFR 1.0" with all of the functions included there. In a future release of LSPDFR, I would like to see things such as:

• Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services assistance.
  • Los Santos County Coroner's Office assistance.
  • The ability to call a tow truck for a damage, or misparked vehicle.
  • Random events (intoxicated subject, assist a citizen locked out of their vehicle, assist a citizen in finding a lost item, etc.).
  • BOLOs where the dispatcher announces the vehicle description, and then you have a chance of finding the vehicle on patrol, and you must attempt to stop it.
  • Support for water patrols (there are sound files saying "Stop Your Boat", etc.)
  • Support for air patrols (there is the ASU skin) where you have to follow a fleeing suspect while ground officers try to stop him/her.
  • Foot patrol support where the calls are closer to you (only in busy areas such as the pier, Vinewood Blvd, the airport, etc.).
  • Ability to be a desk officer where you have to take reports to citizens who come to the station
  • Ability to be the dispatcher where you need to take calls, then dispatch appropriate units
  • Ability to do a prisoner transport from an LSPD/LSSD station to the prison
  • Ability to drive the police transporter around, and just respond to pick up prisoners along your route