[API][WIP/REL] Callouts+ - Additional LCPDFR API Callouts

Ahhh yes, this is intentional.

You see here in the UK the police have the power to seize your vehicle if you are caught driving with no insurance or no license etc. Driving without insurance doesn't warrant an arrest so they issue a fixed penalty/fine, take your car and tell you to walk.

Ahh sorry.  US here.  I'd say a vast majority of the time when they seize something here - the drivers going also.

That explains the odd breathalyzer numbers!  ;)

I responded to a callout of a man in a cafe acting a fool earlier was enjoyable.  I'll most likely make a video upload of that soon.

logov1_zpsd8d8fbe3.jpeg

Help my channel grow and I can explain to my wife why this addiction to coding is a good thing!

Ahh sorry.  US here.  I'd say a vast majority of the time when they seize something here - the drivers going also.

That explains the odd breathalyzer numbers!  ;)

I responded to a callout of a man in a cafe acting a fool earlier was enjoyable.  I'll most likely make a video upload of that soon.

Yeah, I have no understanding of American police conduct so I cannot adapt to it. I choose to do things the way I know things are done (UK based) and then it's easier to explain to others what it means.

I did intend to add country based breathalyser scores but the BAC percentage confuses the fuck out of me, I'm used to our units lol.

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Yeah, I have no understanding of American police conduct so I cannot adapt to it. I choose to do things the way I know things are done (UK based) and then it's easier to explain to others what it means.

I did intend to add country based breathalyser scores but the BAC percentage confuses the fuck out of me, I'm used to our units lol.

Pretty much if you blow above 0.08 you are done.  Anything under that range, 0.07 - 0.00 is a result of passing the breath test.  Anything equal to or above, and in general you are getting taken in for a test at the station in the states that is.  It'd be great if you can add this.  I'm trying to make sure I don't script anything for scripts that are already out.  Yours works great.

logov1_zpsd8d8fbe3.jpeg

Help my channel grow and I can explain to my wife why this addiction to coding is a good thing!

Anyway to get breathanalyzer on foot? Doesn't make sense for me (being used to our russian procedures) putting someone in the back seat. Usually people go there only to get to the station. 

Possibly later on. We do breath tests both on foot and in the police vehicle.

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Possibly later on. We do breath tests both on foot and in the police vehicle.

Ah, that's nice to hear. Almost as nice as hearing that you're planning further improvements.:)

A third party plugin shutdown while trying to deploy a barrier: I tried to despawn an NPC vehicle by placing a barrier close to it, the vehicle disappeared, however a sergeant fell from above the sky and the plugin was shut down. Usually vehicles can be removed b placing barriers with no problem, and sometimes cops do spawn and fall from the sky, but without shutdowns.

Edited by LukeD

Ah, that's nice to hear. Almost as nice as hearing that you're planning further improvements.:)

A third party plugin shutdown while trying to deploy a barrier: I tried to despawn an NPC vehicle by placing a barrier close to it, the vehicle disappeared, however a sergeant fell from above the sky and the plugin was shut down. Usually vehicles can be removed b placing barriers with no problem, and sometimes cops do spawn and fall from the sky, but without shutdowns.

I merged your posts for you.

I love how you're using a glitchy mechanism to despawn vehicles and then reporting that it went wrong. That amuses the crap out of me, well done sir :)

The barriers seem to be causing a huuuuuge amount of issues in the past few builds, basically anything 1.0c or above broke the barriers. They need re-writing because they use the same method Abraxas did with the policehelper and it's a dirty way of doing things. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to fix this issue you're having, as the level of broken is beyond a tiny glitch.

I merged your posts for you.

I love how you're using a glitchy mechanism to despawn vehicles and then reporting that it went wrong. That amuses the crap out of me, well done sir :)

The barriers seem to be causing a huuuuuge amount of issues in the past few builds, basically anything 1.0c or above broke the barriers. They need re-writing because they use the same method Abraxas did with the policehelper and it's a dirty way of doing things. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to fix this issue you're having, as the level of broken is beyond a tiny glitch.

Well, at least I'm honest, lol

If I remember it correctly Abraxas used to spawn Faggios which pretended to be barriers? 

Well, at least I'm honest, lol

If I remember it correctly Abraxas used to spawn Faggios which pretended to be barriers? 

Yep, which is why you get a falling ped. In order for traffic to react to the barrier (rather than slam right into it and die) you spawn a ped on the faggio and set them both to invisible. Which is retarded and it doesn't work all the time. I've yet to find a good way around this.

Yep, which is why you get a falling ped. In order for traffic to react to the barrier (rather than slam right into it and die) you spawn a ped on the faggio and set them both to invisible. Which is retarded and it doesn't work all the time. I've yet to find a good way around this.

Perhaps spawn a standard barrier and apply a 'stop field' to it? Just like LCPDFR does by pressing M. 

Perhaps spawn a standard barrier and apply a 'stop field' to it? Just like LCPDFR does by pressing M. 

Yeah, I just found a phenomenally quicker and more efficient way of doing this :)

Crashingkilling lcpdfr script all time, but not the game itself(still playable), here is logpiece.

Looks like you need to clean up your references too(watch 3rd line in code)

[ERROR - 10:49:11 PM] [Main] CRITICAL ERROR DURING MAINLOOP! REPORT THIS ISSUE AT LCPDFR.COM BY INCLUDING THIS LOGFILE.
[ERROR - 10:49:11 PM] [] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at f.a.c(Object A_0) in c:UsersLukeGoogle DriveC DevelopmentCallouts (Build)CalloutsMurder.cs:line 146
   at LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Timers.DelayedCaller.Process() in d:GTA IVLCPDFRSVNbranchesLCPDFR Ambient ActionLCPD First ResponseLCPD First ResponseEngineTimersDelayedCaller.cs:line 150
   at LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Main.() in d:GTA IVLCPDFRSVNbranchesLCPDFR Ambient ActionLCPD First ResponseLCPD First ResponseEngineMain.cs:line 266
[ERROR - 10:49:11 PM] [ExceptionHandler]  f+a.c(Object[] A_0) L_0000 
 LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Timers.DelayedCaller.Process() L_0000 
 LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Main.‎‎‎‮‫‮‏‪‌‌‫‍‎‬​‫‬‍‌‍‮‏‏‍‌‫‪‌‫‮() L_011b 
Error hash: 2304A941C31AED2838D0D94BD959B610050D8A07

Hey!

I don't know if it's been reported already, I didn't have the courage to go through the 30+ pages, but I'd like to state that your Callouts+ plugin actually messed up with my Advancedhook. While it was installed, my game started behaving after a short moment, with FPS drops and texture loss, but after I removed it, I could play for more than an hour without a crash of any sort. The plugin itself didn't crash, nor LCPDFR, just texture loss (like, a lot, the game goes transparent) and FPS drops, making the game unplayable. I've created a topic in the support section before I found out myself what was causing this.

Hey,

I experience allmost the same issue as hystery besides my game crashes after a few minutes. I have a similar error log.

I'm sure the issue is related to callouts+ although it crashes during other callouts aswell.

After removing the plugin the game works fine. Adding the plugin results in crashing.

It crashes whenever a script (not only callouts+ but other plugins aswell) tries to load something e.g. a ped or vehicle. I guess it is a memory related issue?

After removing every mod besides lcpdfr and callouts+ the error still occurs. After removing callouts+ it works fine.

Nonetheless it is a great plugin.

Cheers!

Jety

"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring, and if you give him a really important job to do, he’ll skive off and play croquet."

I have a strange issue now.. I resolved the previous issue I had with the plugin but now I have some new ones (possibly after the plugin was updated).

There are two callouts from this plugin that my computer doesn't seem to like: stolen vehicle fitted with a tracker and officer down. When arriving at the last known location of the stolen vehicle, the plugin tells me the signal strength, and then LCPDFR encounters an error and needs to be restarted (reloadscripts). Once I arrive on-scene of the officer down, I press E to check his condition as I'm told by a dialogue, and about 3 seconds after my character gets into the animation, my game crashes to the desktop, RC20 error. I tried both callouts twice with the same result.

I have version 0.7 for 1.0d and LCPDFR 1.0d, as well as PoliceHelper (with towService and MedicalExaminer) and a few other scripts: LessOvertake, Radar, and ALPR. I also only have RevivePed enabled in the Callotus+ keybinds (set to Ctrl+R). None of the other callouts in this plugin nor LCPDFR cause any problems.

I have a strange issue now.. I resolved the previous issue I had with the plugin but now I have some new ones (possibly after the plugin was updated).

There are two callouts from this plugin that my computer doesn't seem to like: stolen vehicle fitted with a tracker and officer down. When arriving at the last known location of the stolen vehicle, the plugin tells me the signal strength, and then LCPDFR encounters an error and needs to be restarted (reloadscripts). Once I arrive on-scene of the officer down, I press E to check his condition as I'm told by a dialogue, and about 3 seconds after my character gets into the animation, my game crashes to the desktop, RC20 error. I tried both callouts twice with the same result.

I have version 0.7 for 1.0d and LCPDFR 1.0d, as well as PoliceHelper (with towService and MedicalExaminer) and a few other scripts: LessOvertake, Radar, and ALPR. I also only have RevivePed enabled in the Callotus+ keybinds (set to Ctrl+R). None of the other callouts in this plugin nor LCPDFR cause any problems.

Both known issues. Although the tracker theft one should have been fixed last build. As I've said, I can't fix the officer down callout. It's completely broken for no reason whatsoever. No error log, no information. No amount of safety checks fix the callout, because it continues to run successfully past the point that the game locks and CTD's (obviously once the game has crashed the plugin ends too.)

I'm not going to rewrite this any time soon, I have coursework and other priorities at the moment.

A bug fix release will be made sometime soon, including a rewrite of the barriers. But other than that there isn't much I can do now.

• 2 weeks later...

Both known issues. Although the tracker theft one should have been fixed last build. As I've said, I can't fix the officer down callout. It's completely broken for no reason whatsoever. No error log, no information. No amount of safety checks fix the callout, because it continues to run successfully past the point that the game locks and CTD's (obviously once the game has crashed the plugin ends too.)

I'm not going to rewrite this any time soon, I have coursework and other priorities at the moment.

A bug fix release will be made sometime soon, including a rewrite of the barriers. But other than that there isn't much I can do now.

Could you possibly release a version that has barriers, officer down, and maybe tracker theft removed entirely?  This way, we could download a non-crashing version while you fix some stuff at your own pace.

Could you possibly release a version that has barriers, officer down, and maybe tracker theft removed entirely? This way, we could download a non-crashing version while you fix some stuff at your own pace.

No, as then I would have 2 versions to bug fix and track and I simply don't have time to do that.

Simple way to fix the problem is as I said before, don't use those features.