Jump to content

Sam's New Year's Message

Sam

The past year has been an interesting one to say the least here at LSPDFR.  Of course, we kicked things off with quite the event when LSPDFR 0.3 was released as part of our first ever livestream - something which, despite the many teething problems, quickly rose to prominence on Twitch and was apparently quite popular with everyone.  I think it will remain the most horrible experience that any of us have ever bared witness to, but nonetheless, we're looking forward to doing it again soon!

Aside from our work on LSPDFR, we've also been looking at ways to build upon the success that our community has experienced over the past year, and we're excited to announce the introduction of three new members to our team in an entirely new community-facing role...

Probably the best thing to come from 2016 though, by a mile, is the staggering number of new modifications that people have developed for GTA V.  Whether it was the number of new customisation possibilities brought by Emergency Uniforms Pack, the amazing array of new vehicle models and textures or simply the light which was cast upon us by ELS V, I think it is safe to say that this year has been one of, if not the most innovative that we've ever had.  This success is definitely something that we will be looking to build upon for 2017, and that's where our new team of Community Editors, who I'm sure many of you might have noticed, will come into play.

While the idea of dedicating members of our team to working solely on the community is nothing new, it is something that we've never quite fully pulled the trigger on until now.  Many of you will remember that we placed a special banner throughout the website back in November, offering people the chance to become more involved with LSPDFR by joining our Community Team.  The response to this was incredibly encouraging, with us receiving many more messages of interest than expected.  Better yet, the range of people who contacted us was also really diverse with many newer members looking to get involved, as well as people who have been here since the very beginning.  Above all else though, it was really exciting to see just how passionate and engaged so many people within our community are about LSPDFR and this is something that is especially evident in the three members who we have picked for the role:

@Fiskey111, an LSPDFR API developer:

Hello everyone!  If you haven't seen me around here before my (internet) name is Fiskey111!  I've been using this site and LC/LSPDFR for about four or five years now (boy time flies!) and have loved every minute of it!  I'm currently a developer for LSPDFR plugins who has released two plugins (Secondary Callouts and PolicingMDT) as well as a co-developer on a number of other plugins, including L.S. Noire.  I'm really excited to start this position- I'll be able to give you guys not only a synopsis of what's going on with the site but also what's happening behind the scenes with plugin development!  Feel free to reach out to me at any time!

@PgUp, the avid Aussie:

I'm very excited to be joining the LSPDFR squad! I'll be working to engage the community and to bring really notable masterpieces and mods to the spotlight. I really do look forward to getting in amongst the community and hearing what people have to say and what they like to see! I'm really looking forward to it, and I think it'll be a great experience.

I'd like to consider myself a funny bloke, but also approachable. I feel the latter will be extremely important and helpful in being good at my new role here at LSPDFR, so if you feel like you have any good ideas for the community such as events or anything, if you feel like a certain masterpiece gallery piece, mod, or anything of that nature should be specially featured, feel free to shoot me an inbox!

@Requies, a member since 2010!

Hey everyone! Name's Requies and I'm happy to be a part of the team. I've been following the project since the very beginning (and by that I mean all the way back in November 2010 with LCPDFR!). Been lurking all that time, however I have posted a few mods. Mostly texture work, but my passion has switched to audio work. I've been helping out with the BetterDispatchAudio mod for LSPDFR, and I'm currently working on something to help your officers actually ask for identification, Kifflom ;)

I'm super excited to be here and keep you all up to date on all the awesome stuff LSPDFR and GTAV related!

From all of us here, happy new year!  We hope that you will join with us in welcoming these new additions to our team - you'll certainly want to be following them closely this month if history is anything to go by.

Sam

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

were glad to have them, welcome new guests glad everyone is so welcoming to this amazing community started small but its growing and growing thanks to these amazing members and everyone else

Link to post

Althought i've already said it privately. Welcome to the Community Team @PgUp @Fiskey111 @Requies Glad to have you on the team.

2016 has been an eventful year which never left a dull moment. Everytime i logged into the site there was always something new being released or announced. Especially when LSPDFR 0.3 was announced and released (unfortunately i missed the livestream which is sad). Throughout the years things just got better and better so 2017 will be a great year if the awesomeness continues on (which it will).

Happy New Year everyone!

2 hours ago, Lundy said:

Hello new community editor. I will donate big money! so please feature all me mods. K? thx

Tbh I've never heard of any of you except the Fishy dude, but hi!

Hello!

I only accept bribery for guaranteed featuring in the form of memes (future currency) instead of real modern-day currency. Ship over only your most valuable pepes and other memes and I'll see what I can do. :whistling:

6 hours ago, CouthInk4 said:

unfortunately i missed the livestream which is sad

didn't miss much lol

Welcome y'all.

Link to post

Welcome all :) Proud to be a part of this community and see what skilled people can produce. Glad to see more people joining in on the team! You're doing a hell of a good job!  Many thanks for keeping the Grand Theft Auto experience more alive than it ever was designed to be :)

And a happy new year!

Link to post

I don't get a welcome back from either when I rejoined or from recent events but the @SecuritySquid's food new recruits gets a topic! :sad:

@Fiskey111, @PgUp, @Requies, you are all dead to me now.

Link to post

Happy New Year. And thanks to the devs and all the modders out there that have made LSPDFR so wonderful!

Link to post

I'm glad LSPDFR works for so many of you because I've NEVER gotten it to work on my computer. Like many, I always get the famed, "Could not hook game process. Insufficient permissions or bad anti-virus" message. I've tried for literally an entire YEAR to get LSPDFR to work, trying every solution found online with absolutely ZERO success. So if it works for you, enjoy it because there are those of us who have NEVER gotten it to work :wacko:

From what I've read online, Sam maintains "It ain't on my end", which means NOTHING will formerly ever be done to resolve this problem for people. Although some have figured out what the cause has been, many of us NEVER have. Sadly, this means a lot of people will never be able to enjoy LSPDFR because of what is likely a simple issue...  but an issue I have never been able to figure out on my own. I'd be happy to donate towards LSPDFR but when it won't work and you're told it's not their problem, I'm not inclined to donate to a process I can't use. It's really sad when ONE error message prevents you from using something that is so much fun :sad:

24 minutes ago, RanditoCarlito said:

-snip-

Whilst this is a bit off-topic, the RPH isn't directly developed by us (G17 Media). We're the developers of LSPDFR, which by the sound of it, isn't what is giving you that error message.

34 minutes ago, ineseri said:

Yep, I realize this but based on all the info I've read online about this particular error message, and there isn't much, it's a rather common error, one which I thought a 'developer' would have at least some interest in resolving so people could use and enjoy their software. I'm not saying it's your problem but if there's a common issue people are having that prevents them from using your software I guess I kinda hoped you might have some insight as to what the problem is.

Like I said, if you got LSPDFR to work then be glad because, despite our best efforts, many of us can't get it to work at all and it's really depressing to see everyone else thoroughly enjoying something you can't have :sad:

Edited by RanditoCarlito

1 hour ago, RanditoCarlito said:

-snip-

Please keep on topic, further off-topic posts will be removed.

There are forums here, forums on RAGEPluginHook's website and even a Discord with some users willing to support users run by the RAGEPluginHook team -- all of these avenues would be worth exploring. A news post isn't where you'll get support.

On ‎2017‎.‎01‎.‎06‎. at 7:38 PM, Jwesolek said:

Is there any info to be given about LSPDFR 0.4 such as features or release date?

I think there will be some announcements on it sooner or later, at least if Sam's previous interview or the conclusion of this article ("you'll certainly want to be following them closely this month if history is anything to go by") is of any indication... ;)

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

×