Zelyth

ELS in GTA V?

Hello everyone,

something crossed my mind today. Taking into consideration that there will most likely be police vehicle mods for GTA V PC, probably from many people a part of this community, there will likely be demand for a lighting system other than the default one (granted, it is FAR better than the default GTA IV lighting system) but my question is, how do you think it will be integrated? I don't think that an ELS type mod for GTA V would use the same mechanic as the GTA IV ELS (turning extras on and off and making them bright to simulate police light effects in patterns) but it may rather utilize the existing mechanic and simply change some of the properties to make them brighter and the like and also enable the use of takedowns and traffic advisors. Then, similar to ELS, some panel to change patterns around so that it isn't the way it is now where it changes every 3 or so seconds. Even more brilliant is that there are mechanics already in game for LED lights AND rotary lightbars! This is all presuming that the mechanic even works in such a way that makes it manipulable.

Yes, I know that a GTA V ELS type mod is far in the future, but it just crossed my mind.

How do y'all think a GTA V ELS would work? Is it even necessary, or are you pleased enough by the default mechanic?

I think that if an ELS modification was made, I think it would be mapped like Lt. Caine's ELS modifications. The scripting and coding might be the same, and some might make more lighting patterns.

It's almost like R* did have of the work for us!

In my opinion, I see no real need for it at all. Granted, I don't think it's needed in GTA iv or its episodes either. It's a matter of taste I suppose :)

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

I think the more pressing issue at hand is,  the thousands of models we have for GTA IV won't work straight away will it??

There was one brief discussion where a few people believed that any current models will require quite a bit of work and converting.  Or just straight out re-done from scratch.

Really too bad when i  think of it.  A few of my favourite vehicles are from modelers who have stepped away from the scene.  And i might have to go back to GTA IV to use those.

IMO if modding is possible on GTA V for PC, We wouldn't necessarily need a ELS mod per say. Mainly something that can either change the light patterns or something like that.  

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, Dispatch and Civilian. More information here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSIONS ON UNLOCKED PARTS OF MINE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE! YOU WILL BE TOLD NO!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR UNLOCKED PARTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRADE!

IMO if modding is possible on GTA V for PC, We wouldn't necessarily need a ELS mod per say. Mainly something that can either change the light patterns or something like that.  

Agreed, all I would need is something to change patterns. I imagine that a mod such as that would be pretty simple. However, if something better came along that had more features, I'd definitely use it over the default system.

I think the lighting system in GTA V is already like ELS. If you look at some of the Emergency Vehicles in GTA V, it looks like there is another "extra" if you will in front of the existing light. You can really see on the ambulance's front quarter panel lights. 

There isn't really a need for ELS in GTA V as it has it's own integrated LED system. However since it's just a couple of patterns (maybe 3 or 4) ELS might bring a good variety of lighting choices. 

Also judging by the previous games, GTA SA and IV have seen versions of lighting systems with the ELM mod for GTA SA and well obviously ELS for GTA IV.. whether Caine creates it for V or someone else creates it.. a version like ELS will most likely be made.

Unless stated in an official capacity, My responses are my personal views and do no represent that of G17 Media or their affiliates!

If you want to me reply as soon as possible, then either quote or @CouthInk4  me as i'll be notified, a general reply will not notify me

Check out my YouTube channel!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXj0EXXJfERhPJTROHY6Ma

Untitled.png

For me, the only thing that I want for GTA V is to turn on the police lights without the siren on. I know a few glitches, but I want it to be direct without making glitching. 

But it will be also nice to have ELS which Lt. Caine only need to do is to set light patterns, then tada! no need to make artificial lights. Rockstar already provided these things for us, so we only need to make scripting! SAPD:FR will be fun with Rockstar provided the police stuff like spike strips, possible dogs as canine units. etc! Police cars also have spotlights  which we can script to move for realism.

Yeah i don`t know if GTAV will need anything like that for a while. At least not until more high end car models start coming out. Im just gonna go into the visalsetting.dat folder and turn the Other Emmissive Lights Number up a bit so the in game lighting is a bit brighter.Assuming it`s gonna be set like like IV was. If i can get that going i will release it on this site.If im allowed to do that.

Edited by element2586

CopFlashingLights.gif 

Dell XPS 8300   OS: Win 10 64 bit

Intel Core i7 -2600 3.70GHz   10GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 1050 GTX

We need a traffic advisor mod for V that traffic reacts to (this will be hard though :D)

i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 / Zotac GTX 980Ti 2-way SLI / Full List

I won't be able to respond to your post unless you quote or mention me.

We need a traffic advisor mod for V that traffic reacts to (this will be hard though :D)

Yeah, when modelers make cars with traffic advisor lights, I wish traffic would react, like when lights are pointing to the left, traffic will go left. I can't wait for GTA V PC!

im sure ELS will be usefull cause though some cars have lots of corona's for emerglights

X6VS9nB.gif

some of the others like the fib and cruiser with the rotators dont have nearly as many

"Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! Cry for mercy; the reckoning has come!"

Twitch - - - YouTube - - - Twitter

Really,  there is no way at all?  Do some of the other emergency vehicles have that option?

no there use to be a glitch where you could do that, but once you disabled the siren you couldnt get it back. but they fixed that

"Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! Cry for mercy; the reckoning has come!"

Twitch - - - YouTube - - - Twitter

In my opinion, I see no real need for it at all. Granted, I don't think it's needed in GTA iv or its episodes either. It's a matter of taste I suppose :)

​I believe that it's a matter of realism though. Because wouldn't you want to be able to sit in a vehicle with just the lights on? without els cars are always stopped and wont move with lights and sirens on. also it makes for more realistic responses including the time when you arrive on scene. It's a little annoying and excessive to have the siren on blaring in people's faces.

LCPD:FR Gaming Community (Custom Modpack with Custom Vehicles and Peds)
Teamspeak Address:                                        Free to join! - Free to play!
ts30.gameservers.com:9494
(We are also open to partnerships if a clan does not have a teamspeak we will set you up with a set of channels and offices. Also your own tags and permissions set just ask!)

​Reviving an old thread there, but I do agree. It may not be necessary, but would be amazing if we had it. With ELS there would be much more light customization, it would work way better with any realistic lightbar mods or vehicles, you could control the light patterns and siren tones, and also bloom or glare. So in my opinion, if we want police lights and sirens to be controlled realistically we need some sort of ELS. But hey, first we need to wait for vehicle mods anyway.

​Agreed, a real Police gaming would not be one without ELS.