Darkray347

Pursuit AI

My favorite part about LCPDFR is the pursuits. When I began my first pursuit, it felt awesome to have that search area. The down part is that when I encountered the cop cars chasing the suspect. They were like drunkards themselves. They crash into peds, fire hydrants, street lights, you name it. I had to go through the ini and lower the max number of cop cars to 3 cause I couldn't stand their drunk driving. I think the next version should have "decent" drivers. Sometimes when I call in the ambulance to rescue one person, they run over and kill 5 on the way. I find it funny and disturbing at the same time. I'm not sure if there is a fix for the AI yet, but I hope the next version is better! 

My favorite part about LCPDFR is the pursuits. When I began my first pursuit, it felt awesome to have that search area. The down part is that when I encountered the cop cars chasing the suspect. They were like drunkards themselves. They crash into peds, fire hydrants, street lights, you name it. I had to go through the ini and lower the max number of cop cars to 3 cause I couldn't stand their drunk driving. I think the next version should have "decent" drivers. Sometimes when I call in the ambulance to rescue one person, they run over and kill 5 on the way. I find it funny and disturbing at the same time. I'm not sure if there is a fix for the AI yet, but I hope the next version is better! 

If you pres F8 while in a pursuit you can changes AI tactics.

''A quiet man, is a thinking man. A quiet woman, is usually mad.''

TateDecleatsLee.gif

That number of cars in chase really doesn't do much - all the patrol cars you meet will anyway join the pursuit.

So do not call for backup unless there's no patrol cars on your radar, otherwise all the patrolling units will join the chase adding to summoned backup, and it will be a mess.

Then press F8 and select passive tactics for ground units, that will pacify them a bit. 

AI driving doesn't bother me so much on empty streets, when there's nothing for them to crash into, but on a four-lane street, oh Lord, sometimes I even don't call in a pursuit.

Sadly this subject has been talked about in past threads, their is no fix for AI driving, it is hardcoded into the game. As stated above the best thing to do is either not call them in or set the cops to the lowest possible.

2550347.jpg

Where Ambulances run over 50 people to save 1 person, Police Officers do more crime than the criminals they're trying to apprehend, & the FD doesn't give a shit about fires.

On a serious note: In addition to what the other posts said, you can also try not calling a pursuit to Dispatch (not pressing Alt + E when suspect starts running). I think that's why the feature is there, because many people, like myself, hate the AI police & would have more fun chasing the suspect down solo.

EDIT: Wow the meme looks so big for being just 400x300, lol.

Edited by Rocking_Star101

If my post made you laugh (or giggle) in any way, smash that blue grey "Like this" button & like it :smile:

If my answer to your Support Thread fixed your problem, please Vote it up by clicking the ^ (up) arrow to the left of my name.

2550347.jpg

Where Ambulances run over 50 people to save 1 person, Police Officers do more crime than the criminals they're trying to apprehend, & the FD doesn't give a shit about fires.

On a serious note: In addition to what the other posts said, you can also try not calling a pursuit to Dispatch (not pressing Alt + E when suspect starts running). I think that's why the feature is there, because many people, like myself, hate the AI police & would have more fun chasing the suspect down solo.

EDIT: Wow the meme looks so big for being just 400x300, lol.

I tried to quote the serious note but the meme just had to stick along. Lol. The best thing about 1.0 for me is the pursuits :( I'll use f8 and hope the ai is better

Use PH for ambulance calls, they drive almost perfect.  Not like the nut jobs included with LCPDFR.  As for cop AI, use F8, it helps, but they still are crazy sobs!

I did notice how much better the suspect AI drives in the latest version of LCPDFR (1.0-1.0b).  They make high speed corners perfectly, don't run over peds and other objects, the AI stays on the road and hauls ass most of the time.  Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up and chases take a while to complete most of the time.  Personally speaking, that is a huge improvement.

DrDetroit

Use PH for ambulance calls, they drive almost perfect.  Not like the nut jobs included with LCPDFR.  As for cop AI, use F8, it helps, but they still are crazy sobs!

DrDetroit

And you have no crashes with PH installed?

And you have no crashes with PH installed?

Nope.  I disabled the ambient stuff in PH, seems to helps with crashes, but never had too many issues with PH to begin with.  It almost impossible for me to play without it (I use for ambulance, coroner, evidence, ID check on dead bodies, fire extinguisher, bait car and barricade-most useful when pulling over a car on the highway or busy street.).  I can do 2-hours easy without crashing, about as long it takes to play one 12-hour shift in-game.  

Still get random crashes once in a while, but you know how GTAIV is, crash prone.  

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

2550347.jpg

^ This!! Hahaha. Welcome to Liberty City. I've never had a single firefighter come to the scene of a fire.

OUhmrRD.jpg

Steam/PSN: MikoFiticus, Origin: Admira1Snackbarr. Feel free to add me, I play lots of games!

Check out my YouTube! My Twitter!

Nope.  I disabled the ambient stuff in PH, seems to helps with crashes, but never had too many issues with PH to begin with.  It almost impossible for me to play without it (I use for ambulance, coroner, evidence, ID check on dead bodies, fire extinguisher, bait car and barricade-most useful when pulling over a car on the highway or busy street.).  I can do 2-hours easy without crashing, about as long it takes to play one 12-hour shift in-game.  

Still get random crashes once in a while, but you know how GTAIV is, crash prone.  

DrDetroit

DrDetroir, mate, I've no idea either you know some witchcraft or you just bring some luck around, but after your post I reinstalled PH and there were no crashes and everything - including Towtruck, ambo, and LCME, worked just fine. :D

DrDetroir, mate, I've no idea either you know some witchcraft or you just bring some luck around, but after your post I reinstalled PH and there were no crashes and everything - including Towtruck, ambo, and LCME, worked just fine. :D

Good deal.  I've never really had issue, but glad it works for you too.  Like I said, for me it's difficult to play without it. 

DrDetroit

Pursuits are the best in the ghetto at night. Where yo don't know if the crook is gonna lead you into an ambush *Hove Beach* or if an ambulance will take him out, 

A cop is no good if he refuses to lay down his life for the safety of others

[url=http://steamsignature.com][img]http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198064232475.png[/img][/url]

I remember in Vice City, the paramedics would arrive on scene, park and knock down a person. Once they finished with the original victims, they would walk around the ambulance, trying to get to the victim. The victim would then die and the ambulance would drive off.  :rolleyes: 
Also emergency vehicles would never back up if they were stuck, they just keep driving forward. Eventually the car would catch fire and explode. :teehee:

Pursuits are the best in the ghetto at night. Where yo don't know if the crook is gonna lead you into an ambush *Hove Beach* or if an ambulance will take him out, 

LMAO. Driving around the projects, straight ghetto.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

My solution, i use all VDHs and redo smartly the configuration of them...

1.   Police ,  i changed the popcycle in data   put ,0 police car, 0 cop on foot.  So  no cops will always ask me for support every freaking 2mins and when i need help i call backup and they comes...

2.   Ambulance  never use lcpdfr command because ambulance are dump... I use VDH coroner , change ini to ambulance and m_y_pmedic..  also put on fast mode 2 (spawn-depsawn) without driving...

3.   Firefighter i use VDH police helper    call firetruck from there  i dont know why but calling from vdh the firefighter do they jobs.  

4.   K9 to let search vehicle and catch running suspect. K9 are just to essencial for police these day to skip :)

5.   Tow truck   , fast mode 2 ( spawn-despawn )

6.   Barrier and cones ,  use this to block traffic soon as you can before it become chaos... i also use it to delete abandonned car or morons on the way...

7.   Bait-car  to make pursuit misson fast, if you follow him a long time without been detected you may have a suprise ;)

9.   Barrage , i let lcpdfr barrage on and force helicopter to pursuit , you can also set barrage anywhere on target map with VDHs , barrage and helicopter spot ...its just awesome :)

10. Non-els car with strobes mod + fuel script  , you have to give ticket for money and money to fuel! you can repair your vehicle by calling a engineer with vdhs, or just call a new ride.

Edited by MindnessTango

I'm not sure if there is a fix for the AI yet, but I hope the next version is better! 

Nope, and there won't be. Driver AI is hard coded into the game and can only be "influenced", not changed. LCPDFR has the option of toggling how AI police chase suspects, but it's not as effective as you might like. I'd leave it alone and just work on your own driving. If you're a good driver, you shouldn't be getting hit by the AI cops that much anyway since you'll be at the head of the pack. Alternatively, you can slow down and let the AI units take the lead. The person running from you will likely screw up and crash, as they often do in real life, stopping themselves so you don't have to pit them.

I think INI options to set the default pursuit options would be great, so we don't have to change them to passive every time if we desire.