willpv23

Inside SCS Software (Preview of DLC and American Truck Simulator)

SCANDINAVIAN MAP!? WILL THAT MEAN I CAN DRIVE AN 18-WHEELER IN MY BACK YARD!?

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

-Erwin Rommel

SCANDINAVIAN MAP!? WILL THAT MEAN I CAN DRIVE AN 18-WHEELER IN MY BACK YARD!?

Yes. Yes it does. Just remember to stay clear of Ghettoburg.

If replying to me, please quote me for faster replies!

RIP Dutch Section. Gone but not forgotten and pretty much forgotten.

agtWJLr.png

American Truck Simulator is turning out pretty nicely. Hopefully we will see more states soon. However, is Nevada going to be avaliable since the initial release or is it one of those West Coast states they mentioned to be release in a near future? By other hand, is there any official list of the trucks avaliable yet?

American Truck Simulator is turning out pretty nicely. Hopefully we will see more states soon. However, is Nevada going to be avaliable since the initial release or is it one of those West Coast states they mentioned to be release in a near future? By other hand, is there any official list of the trucks avaliable yet?

They went to Las Vegas, so I'm guessing at least some of Nevada will be there. I think they are still working on getting licenses for the trucks.

I am glad that they are going into a lot more detail with the cities this time, instead of a 3x3 block with a few buildings and maybe a landmark in the distance. I'd much rather have proper large cities than infinitely long roads to nowhere.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

SCS Software is quickly becoming one of my favorite game developers. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was released 2 years ago, and they still regularly update it and add new features. As a matter of fact, they just released an update a couple days ago adding a 64-bit version of the game to Steam, as well as improving the look of the truck dealerships.

They also introduced the DAF XF Euro 6 not too long ago for free stating, "Even if trucks are eating considerable amount of company human and financial resources, we still resist the temptation to ask for money for the upcoming Euro Truck Simulator 2 standard truck models and will continue bringing them to you free of charge in future updates of the game. We feel that it's fair to ask for support from time to time with additional optional elements for the game, but the core experience is improved for everybody." That gives me a tremendous amount of respect for them. SCS will also be introducing a lighting and weather system overhaul in the near future...also for free.

I am absolutely ecstatic for American Truck Simulator and you bet your ass I will be buying it at release. Here is their development blog where you can find screenshots of ATS.

I0VIjqn.png

"Aren't you ashamed?" - Nurse Ratched

Had fun with ETS 2.  I really wish they would work on a Bus Simulator of that quality.  Because no one else will try unfortunately.

They are working on a coach bus simulator but it is cross country buses not city type(multi stops).

But squirrel recorded this almost 2 months ago and i'm sure they have more things in the game and are closer to a release. I can't wait for it though tomorrow he will release the video of talking with the CEO.

Edited by robocop

I really wonder if they'll have cop cars parked on the side of the road instead of speed cameras.

That would be to awesome. They can also have different car names for the different State Troopers. Something generic they can add and the community can mod each States vehicle to match the real trooper livery. That would be to awesome. Even have them sitting in the middle of the highway median and whatever direction they are pointing is where they will catch you speeding.

Sounds like a great idea and those are usually not included in games lol.

I can't wait for ATS, I loved ETS2, I play it every day of my life, and upload videos. I mostly play the MP patch. I'm happy to convoy with anyone that wants to, just PM me.

Some updates, the release date if what I have hear is September 2015 not march. 

I really hope they include Florida.

...And, instead of speed cameras I'm really hoping for State Troopers (inside of their cruisers obviously) at the side of the road (As mentioned above), would be so awesome. :)

Here is the fourth and final part! I hope you enjoy, and check out the rest of Squirrel's (formerly known as DaSquirrelsNuts) channel! He is currently working on his goal of becoming a full-time gamer and dad! He makes all kinds of videos, and he also streams regularly on Twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/squirrel.

As others have mentioned, also check out SCS Software's Development Blog if you are interested.

http://youtu.be/NMZypGnkMyE

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Please quote me when replying to me so I will be notified, as I might not notice otherwise. Thank you.[/font]