Sam

LCPDFR 1.0c Hotfix

Regarding the checkpoint I'd like to add, since this is a very new and experimental feature, we'd especially like to ask for you opinion on it.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

I'm going to go off assumption here and guess that the MP aspect of the mod is still very unstable, correct?

All mods are unstable in MP, so yes, that was an assumption that didn't quite need a post :)

Some small bug fixes may have improved the experience, though.

This might be a dumb question, but I can't find "ForceDisableUseFootChasesAsEvent" in the lcpdfr.ini file. Is this something I need to manually add? If so, where to I put it in the .ini? Would I need to add "True" or "false" at the end of it? Like "ForceDisableUseFootChasesAsEvent=True" ?

Thanks.

Edited by DanX

We've released a hotfix which brings with it some small stability enhancements and fixes as well as some highly requested features.  The hotfix, LCPDFR 1.0c is now the third patch for LCPDFR 1.0.

Along with bringing to the table a more stable experience, LCPDFR 1.0c comes packing a punch as far as features are concerned too.  Since time immemorial, the ability to control traffic has been long sought after in LCPDFR.  LCPDFR 1.0c now introduces the ability to set up a checkpoint with a patrol car on any road which you can then use to control the flow of traffic passing through.

As well as this, we made a big mistake when we rewrote LCPDFR for 1.0c when we forgot to convert over the old feature of drinking coffee.  Again, this is something that has been widely requested and sure enough, you can now indulge in a caffeine hit while protecting the streets of Liberty City.  Not only that, however, but the whole process is more interactive in that you now hold a key to drink.  As an added bonus, there's even a nice drinking sound effect to go with it.

LCPDFR 1.0c is also good news for the people that like to develop with our API.  There's now a bunch of new features and classes available to you allowing you control over nifty things like arrow checkpoints and blips, as well as some access to LCPDFR's internal ped data.

As always, please report any problems to us in the LCPDFR support section.  Enjoy!

The checkpoint feature sounds really interesting.

I have been looking for an alternative to the road barrier from PoliceHelper.  So i dont have to go back to 0.95rc to manage road checkpoints easily. 

Note:

If you had ELS 8 and LCPDFR 1.0b or lower, it was important that you use the version of AdvancedHook that came with ELS. The situation is exactly reversed with 1.0c (and will almost certainly remain so in the future) - LCPDFR 1.0c contains a newer AdvancedHook than the one in ELS 8. Replace the ELS 8 copy of AdvancedHook with the one that comes with 1.0c.

Oooo. Love the idea of the checkpoints! I will be sure to download 1.0c!

EDIT: I tried the checkpoints...Amazing! Wish it were a little bit easier to wave traffic through, but, still great none the less! I know yall get suggestions out the ass...But I got another one...Maybe when the vehicle stops you can check soberity or check credentials. That would be cool!

Edited by Gump

Excellent, but, It won't let me use Wouters callouts for some reason :( and still having the bait car issue, I can spawn the bait car and the thief will take it, but I can't issue a stop on it :(

Edited by Officer Wade

The slurping coffee sound isn't working for me, any suggestions? As for the roadblock, BRILLIANT work! But if i may suggest 2 things, first is to be able to check ID and sobriety as Gump said, and the second is to be able to rotate the vehicle that spawns when you start the checkpoint 90 degrees should be enough ;)

Edited by desertlion2002

This might be a dumb question, but I can't find "ForceDisableUseFootChasesAsEvent" in the lcpdfr.ini file. Is this something I need to manually add? If so, where to I put it in the .ini? Would I need to add "True" or "false" at the end of it? Like "ForceDisableUseFootChasesAsEvent=True" ?

Add it under "Pursuits". Use "True" to disable.

EDIT: I tried the checkpoints...Amazing! Wish it were a little bit easier to wave traffic through, but, still great none the less! I know yall get suggestions out the ass...But I got another one...Maybe when the vehicle stops you can check soberity or check credentials. That would be cool!

Definitely something we will explore in the future.

The slurping coffee sound isn't working for me, any suggestions? As for the roadblock, BRILLIANT work! But if i may suggest 2 things, first is to be able to check ID and sobriety as Gump said, and the second is to be able to rotate the vehicle that spawns when you start the checkpoint 90 degrees should be enough ;)

Hold down the key after the coffee has spawned to sip - as long as you keep the keys down you will drink. As for rotating, try holding down "CheckpointControlRotate" (default is LControlKey), this will allow you to rotate the vehicle. Also holding down LShift (hardcoded at the moment) will allow you more accurate placement.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

Add it under "Pursuits". Use "True" to disable.

Definitely something we will explore in the future.

Hold down the key after the coffee has spawned to sip - as long as you keep the keys down you will drink. As for rotating, try holding down "CheckpointControlRotate" (default is LControlKey), this will allow you to rotate the vehicle. Also holding down LShift (hardcoded at the moment) will allow you more accurate placement.

Oh silly me did not know that thanks LMS and as for the coffee i can drink it but the slurping sound does not work.

Oh silly me did not know that thanks LMS and as for the coffee i can drink it but the slurping sound does not work.

No need to blame you, we did not update the documentation yet :P Ah okay thanks, will look into that.

No need to blame you, we did not update the documentation yet :P Ah okay thanks, will look into that.

Ok thanks man!

Is there a certain way to do a checkpoint. not sure exactly how to set one up 

I don't really know, that's for you to figure out!  Just try some different ideas and see which one works best for you.

It is fairly quiet so try it in a less noisy environment like an interior.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Policemen when patrolling must have these 3 indispensable things:

-Hat

-Pistol

-Cup of coffee

Now me are geared up to protect the streets.

I suppose a little bit of a workaround is that you can stop them and then go to their car, aim at them and order them out, then check their ID through the system for frisking, etc.  Once you've done that, under the 'Issue Orders' menu, you can tell them to get back in the car.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Is the order step them out of vehicle fixed in this patch? i know some ppl (like me) had crashes whenever they tried to.

BTW awesome mod, wanted to thank you for your hard work. You guys are nº1

Edited by OutCAst