Sam

LSPDFR Announcement + Preview

So are the animations that were included in GTAIV also available for use in GTAV? Like the traffic stop animations, or the arresting/frisking?

How long did I wait? I've tried simulating "LSPDFR" in singleplayer since the PS3 version. Stolen a cop car, waiting for this random event when a pursuit occurs and joined. Mostly on highways with sheriff cars.

And now? It's nearly there - LSPDFR. The ultimate police simulator. :') That moment when I first watched the trailer. Unbelievable. Was close to crying, I'm not kidding. :*)

Logging in...

Launching game...

Error launching game: Cannot load while loading. Please log out and retry.

Logging out...

Error logging out. You are not logged in. You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out.

Freaking awesome. Can't wait.

Also, one of those photos reminded me of the North Hollywood shootout. How cool would it be to respond to a bank robbery in progress?

OUhmrRD.jpg

Steam/PSN: MikoFiticus, Origin: Admira1Snackbarr. Feel free to add me, I play lots of games!

Check out my YouTube! My Twitter!

This trailer wasn't the best one I expexcted, looks like a normal cop chase and some voice overs.

​It was a normal car chase with the police screaming into their microphones, as with the past modification (LCPDFR). 

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

​It was a normal car chase with the police screaming into their microphones, as with the past modification (LCPDFR). 

I know hence my question is there going to be animations atleast showcase mod stuff.

This early!? Can't wait to see it's release!

EDIT: I would like to see if there is an arresting feature, as we see him dead at the end that makes me worry, but since it's early I assumed it will be implemented soon, also the trailer looks very rushed.

Edited by username100

​A trailer showcasing animations doesn't make for very good viewing, especially not for a first reveal.  Was it a normal cop chase?  No, every entity involved in the pursuit except the player was spawned by and was under the control of LSPDFR.  GTA V doesn't dispatch the police buffalo or police cruisers in ambient chases.  It also doesn't dispatch additional units to the chase either. 

Voiceovers?  No, all in-game audio.  Some of it from the AI, some from the player.

​Thank you for claryfying things. I believe we want to see AI gets arrested, like the system in GTA IV. Ofcourse First Reveal but it looked kinda normal GTA. Nice touch on dispatches. It looked like it was outside ingame and not ingame audio. My fault I guess,.

We're all thrilled to finally announce the development of LSPDFR for GTA V.  Everyone here has been working like crazy to make progress with the modification and the website, and we're only just getting started.

We hope that everyone enjoys the little taste of what we have in store with LSPDFR.  Feel free to use this topic for speculation, discussion and questions.

On behalf of the entire team,

Sam.

It sure isnt much but its what was expected, and I think its amazing! It's always great to hear word about whats being developed.

Sam, please do keep us updated with features you plan to add. We don't need a release date or extreme details (It's only been a couple weeks, its understandable) but I'll be checking the page for updates, and hopefully features that are going to be added. The possibilities to this are endless.

I love you guys!

Is there any ongoing donation drive or something because I wouldn't hesitate to chip in!

And people, don't take the trailer too seriously - see it as a 'let's do this' show off

we all know what these guys can do so be patient

​I understand, but unfortunately the cops in GTA V do not arrest AI suspects under any circumstances, even when using the designated AI arrest task.  They simply execute people - this is something we'll need to work around, and considering the animation RPFs for GTA V haven't been exposed yet, we really don't know what we're working with from an animation standpoint beside the few that we've found already.

The point remains though, everything in that trailer was artificially created, and I was hoping this would be obvious from the usage of the police cruiser and buffalo, to the speech with matching animations and the different agencies in the pursuit.  Early stages?  Yes.  A trainer-clone like some other mods?  100% not.

I did think all the voices, sounds was scripted but no it was not. Which is pretty damn good. The GTA V cops are fully retarded, I do agree.