KennyAndrade

GFWL Shutting Down July 2014

Say goodbye to GTAIV Multiplayer in this coming year! And yes I know GTA V will most likely be up and running on PC by then but GTA IV will always be fun to me!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/16/games-for-windows-live-shutting-down-this-month.aspx

http://www.gamesradar.com/games-windows-live-shutting-down-july-2014-microsoft-briefly-says/

http://inagist.com/all/369659773916311552/?utm_source=inagist&utm_medium=rss

GTAIV MP You will be missed :(

I don't think they are getting rid of gta 4 multiplayer. I think somehow with GTA Online being created they will be moving gta 4 multiplayer over to that. I really don't know though wether or not that would be possible. I do however think this would make sense looking to the fact that before the release of gta 5 they are not refering to it as gta 5 multiplayer. Signifying there might be something bigger to come out of this than we know. I doubt Rockstar will fall below most of our expectations with GTA Online.

Current users of the service will be able to play their Games for Windows Lives games indefinitely, but don't expect to buy anything from the store after August.

They are shutting down the GFWL Online Store. Hoooraaay! 

I am not surprised about this, it's a terrible system anyway. 

It will be the end of GTA IV Online, yes. They won't rewrite and re-implement a new online system for a game thats as old as GTA IV. They have moved on to bigger and better things (V) and I can't see them spending the time or the money to update GTA IV to the new online system. So sadly, we have less than a year to enjoy our online patrols but as Stevo said, we knew it would come eventually, the fun can't last forever. I've had some of the best times playing online with my buddies and it will be missed but something new will come along as always and if things go right, we'll be playing LCPDFR on GTA V in a year or two.  

guys.. gta4 mp will still be here.. its the store not the whole thing.. read every post before you reply..

Current users of the service will be able to play their Games for Windows Lives games indefinitely, but don't expect to buy anything from the store after August.

guys.. gta4 mp will still be here.. its the store not the whole thing.. read every post before you reply..

I Think you should take your own advice and read the comment above yours

i must have interpreted it wrong then Current users of the service will be able to play their Games for Windows Lives games indefinitely

sounds a lot like those who have accounts now will still be able to use windows live but the store will go down and you cant buy anything but then i again im very tired at the moment since its almost 5 am here

and also i posted that at the same time he did if you would look at the time stamps i was about 80% done when he posted that

Edited by XBR410

Ive contacted 2 people over at Rockstar PR office here in the UK and will let you know what they say...if they reply.

The MP for GTA V will be GTA Online & it won't be the same thing, since it's only based in it's world, but it's a different thing (Said by Leslie Benzies).

Someone will end up making a mod for GTA IV that lets you play multiplayer. Look at SA-MP or MTA-SA etc. Someone will probably also end up making a LCPD:FR server for it... Don't lose hope in multiplayer for IV!

The way it's explained on RockPaperShotgun is that it's the store AND servers being shut down.

Yes you can get past the need to sign in thing with xliveless but....you can't easily play MP with that can you? (or when I tried last year it said it disabled MP)

From PCGamer.com:

An update to the Age of Empires Online support page revealed that Games for Windows Live will shut down July 1, 2014, and with it, at least some of AoE Online’s features, if not the whole game. The announcement has been removed and replaced with the original text, but here’s what it said:

“Games for Windows Live will be discontinued on July 1, 2014. Although it is available through Steam, Age of Empires Online requires features of the Games for Windows Live service. You can continue to enjoy all the features of Age of Empires Online as the service will remain 100% operational until July 1, 2014 when the server will shut down.”

It seems like the whole service will be shut down. So you may still be able to play the single-player part of the game indefinitely, but that's it.

Here's the link for those who'd like to read the full article: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/20/games-for-windows-live-may-shut-down-next-year/

Edited by Sgt. Jackson

Someone will end up making a mod for GTA IV that lets you play multiplayer. Look at SA-MP or MTA-SA etc. Someone will probably also end up making a LCPD:FR server for it... Don't lose hope in multiplayer for IV!

There is already IV:MP & it's also pretty old & outdated now lol.

Oh god, I hope GWFL doesn't go away.  I love GTA4 online!  But if it does, I hope Rockstar ports GTA4 over to their Socialclub multiplayer servers.

ahh to bad but really so what? By the time that happens GTA 5 will be out and will be 100000.9X better.  GTA 4 online sucked, it crashed, it lagged, was really unstable to be hoenst i'm not going to miss it at all because GTA 5 will fill that hole in my heart...

So,WHAT HAPPENS WITH OTHER GAMES THAT USE GFWL

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY ACE COMBAT?!

Anyway,which is more stable? xliveless or dsound since I MUST use xliveless when GFWL closes

I really do hope someone will create a decent MP workaround for this.

All I can say is... RIP LCPDFR clans...

ahh to bad but really so what? By the time that happens GTA 5 will be out and will be 100000.9X better. GTA 4 online sucked, it crashed, it lagged, was really unstable to be hoenst i'm not going to miss it at all because GTA 5 will fill that hole in my heart...

You can say goodbye to playing LCPDFR online with your friends, clan, and using the 500,000+ other magnificent mods that our fantastic community made in MP.

I really hope R* doesn't turn around and do an EA on us, by creating much more restrictions in GTA V and removing the very game that doesn't.

Edited by Double Doppler

Games whose online facilities and achievements will die July 1, 2014--some of these may no longer be able to be activated at this point and thus will be DEAD DEAD:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition

Blacklight: Tango Down

Bulletstorm

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Dead Rising 2

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

DiRT 2

Dirt 3

F1 2010

F1 2011

Fable III

Fallout 3

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

FUEL

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Iron Brigade

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Lost Planet 2

Microsoft Flight

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Ms. Splosion Man

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Section 8

Section 8: Prejudice

Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes

Street Fighter IV

Street Fighter X Tekken

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Universe at War: Earth Assault

Virtua Tennis 4

These are the games will not be coming back. Anything NOT on this list will be converted to Steam, such as Age of Empires. Edited by hlsavior