PNWParksFan

[REL] Real Police Tape Mod

Nooooo wayyy! This is sweet! Hopefully we all get to try it out soon!

The funniest thing to me is when people put their mods on LCPDFR, leave and take the mods with them, and then open up a Patreon whilst expecting $500 donations.

That's the best way to get your mods reuploaded elsewhere, anyway.

17 hours ago, Schecter004 said:

Pretty neat idea.

Only suggestion from me is to make it more tight.

Since everybody seems to think they're the first ones to notice that the tape isn't very tight, and thinks that I would never have possibly noticed that in my own testing and thought to fix it, I will repeat what I have already posted here before, bigger this time, so that people might perhaps read it:

On 3/24/2018 at 9:57 PM, PNWParksFan said:

The tape seems to bend/blow in the wind/droop through the ground a lot...

Yeah, I know. There's limitations to what's possible with cloth physics right now. The zmodeler3 devs are still researching cloth data formats, and I'm still experimenting with the various parameters. I don't know if it'll be possible to eliminate this issue, but it is definitely mitigated by using shorter strands (i.e. placing cones more frequently). 

Edited by willpv23
Adjusted font size.

[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response
[REL] Custom Backup: Bringing ultimate customization power to LSPDFR backup!

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

10 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

Since everybody seems to think they're the first ones to notice that the tape isn't very tight, and thinks that I would never have possibly noticed that in my own testing and thought to fix it, I will repeat what I have already posted here before, bigger this time, so that people might perhaps read it:

That was a bit hostile, don't you think? He was the first to mention it here. I get it's in your original post, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude about it. The giant red font is also completely unnecessary, and actually violates one of our Guidelines. I've gone ahead and adjusted that for you (don't worry, I left it slightly bigger).

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

4 hours ago, willpv23 said:

That was a bit hostile, don't you think? He was the first to mention it here. I get it's in your original post, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude about it. The giant red font is also completely unnecessary, and actually violates one of our Guidelines. I've gone ahead and adjusted that for you (don't worry, I left it slightly bigger).

Sorry, but I've been asked this question dozens of times between here, youtube comments, discord, etc. It's quite frustrating to be asked the same thing over and over again. You're right that he was the first to ask that in this particular forum thread, so I apologize for overreacting in that particular response. I did specifically mention it in the FAQ though exactly because I knew people would have that observation. 

[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

Just added the main things needed before public release! The update is available to my early access beta testers now. I plan to release it publicly later this month, after the beta testers get a chance to check out the new update and make sure it doesn't have any bugs.

• Added a menu to manage the tape (delete nearest/most recently placed/all/specific tape)
  • Added a developer API (compatible with LSPDFR and non-LSPDFR RPH plugins)

271590_20180414192716_1.thumb.jpg.3b1325ea545621089d251f06c3609a3c.jpg

271590_20180414192727_1.thumb.jpg.c8c809181776e1bf99102335faf85b16.jpg

Edited by PNWParksFan

Enjoy a couple of videos by @acepilot2k7 and @OnyxEyeRocketCityGamerZ demonstrating the Police Tape mod in action! 

Also, after watching these videos and seeing how people interact with the mod.... I've made quite a few changes to the UI to help make it a bit easier to figure out what you're doing. I've also added a continuous taping mode which will start a new tape strand wherever your previous strand ended. That update is now available to beta testers. I've also created an API which is compatible with LSPDFR and non-LSPDFR RPH plugins, and a tape scene import/export menu. If you're a callout developer who wants to try out the API, feel free to PM me to request access. 

Still doing a bit more beta testing and figuring out if there's any more features that should be added or changed.  I'm still on track for releasing the mod sometime in May. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions please leave them below, or you can try out the mod for yourself during early access beta if you're a member of the Parks Benefactor Program. 

Well, I got super busy with work, and then was doing a bunch of development for Coastal Callouts, and basically this didn't get released in May like I thought it would. Oops. 

So, currently I'm working on some slight changes to the API so that @khorio can add police tape support to the next Automatic Roadblocks update, and I'm working on an OIV installer. Once that's all done this should be ready to go. I believe all the main functionality is pretty stable now. Might try making a few more adjustments to the tape models just to see if I can fines their physics behavior a bit better, but we'll see. 

So hopefully this will be out by the end of June? No promises but I think that's a reasonable goal. 

Today I made an OIV installer for Police Tape. It's out for testing with my beta participants right now. Once I confirm that's good, we should be all set for a release soon! I tried messing with the tape physics some more and couldn't get it any better than where it's at right now, so I guess we'll let that be for now. 

If anybody is a callout developer and would like to check out the police tape API for use in their callouts, please PM me to get access. The API needs a bit more testing still.  

11 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

Today I made an OIV installer for Police Tape. It's out for testing with my beta participants right now. Once I confirm that's good, we should be all set for a release soon! I tried messing with the tape physics some more and couldn't get it any better than where it's at right now, so I guess we'll let that be for now. 

If anybody is a callout developer and would like to check out the police tape API for use in their callouts, please PM me to get access. The API needs a bit more testing still.  

Is there a way of retexturing? I would love a uk police tape version.

image.png.0a41fd9fe833b2dd96263cc615931098.png

You can easily edit the tape by just editing the texture file in the DLC. I made a yellow version myself but found that it looks weird when the tape blows in the wind because it distorts the text oddly. But you can make it any color or text that you want. Perhaps I will include a couple of texture variations in the download for people to choose from. 

As you can see, anything is possible, but the text may appear distorted: 

image.thumb.png.48b7795e113606acc2de526c5ace26fd.png

Note that currently there is no way to support multiple different tape textures to be loaded at once. Unlike vehicle models, prop models don't have any kind of multi-texture support. I could theoretically add some way to support different tape models, but it would require duplicating all ~20 of the tape model files and config entries for every texture variation. So while you can choose a texture to install in the DLC, it'll always be the same texture within any given game session. 

That look great! Distortion of text doesn't really matter because police tape in the uk is always blowing in the wind and is barely readable. Great work on the mod anyway.

Just doing some final testing of the release build, should be released before the end of June!

Police Tape is released: 

3 hours ago, GTALawEnforcer said:

What happened?.

The site staff temporarily removed my file because of some concerns about some of the included files. I won't have time to address their issue for at least 2-3 weeks as I will be away from the computer. It is available on other sites currently, although they'll probably get mad at me if I say where, so I'll leave that up to any interested individuals to locate. 

On 8/23/2018 at 11:43 PM, PNWParksFan said:

The site staff temporarily removed my file because of some concerns about some of the included files. I won't have time to address their issue for at least 2-3 weeks as I will be away from the computer. It is available on other sites currently, although they'll probably get mad at me if I say where, so I'll leave that up to any interested individuals to locate. 

Wish you the best, in your available time just do what you can. Much appreciated. 

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

On 8/24/2018 at 2:43 AM, PNWParksFan said:

I know there are reasons for not listing it here, however, this mod doesn't appear to be available anywhere else on the internet other than danish, belgium, etc variants, though I don't believe they're the same as yours. My point here is that I'd love to download and install your mod, but can't find it anywhere else.

Edit: I found it.

Edited by Kar0s
post is now moot

11 hours ago, Kar0s said:

Edit: I found it.

The danish/belgium/whatever versions are just textures which can be used with this mod. Glad to hear you found the main mod download elsewhere.