Officer SchelmTanne

[Feedback] Pursuit Backup Spawn Locations

Is this a general trend or just initial?

Can you verify if it affects all backup called? The reason I ask is the following:

• Multiple improvements to the spawning locations of units
  • As more units are called, they will respond from further away

They definitely spawn too close many times, even if it's because they're the first to be called. Also, I wonder if ambient spawned officers that join count towards that system or not.  

All units could use a larger distance and delay, too, especially SWAT and Air units.

4 hours ago, LukeD said:

Is this a general trend or just initial?

Can you verify if it affects all backup called? The reason I ask is the following:

• Multiple improvements to the spawning locations of units
  • As more units are called, they will respond from further away

I played for several hours last night and today. Backup is always spawning either in front of the suspect I chase, to cut their way off, or (when I am further away) almost directly on its position. I don't know why that is the case. When I order more than around 5  backup units it starts to spread a little bit but the units are very quick at the position they need to be.

I think the previous version of the spawning system was much more realistic...though I think it's just a bug at the moment and I can definetly see your AI improvements!

I hope that gets addressed because after that we have a very solid system here :)

18 minutes ago, Officer SchelmTanne said:

I think the previous version of the spawning system was much more realistic...

I prefer the current one to be honnest. Of course it needs a little adjustement, but I was really tired of calling 30 backups in a 20mins chase, and only saw 2 of them.
Anyway, it seems like they spawn a bit further after having multiple units, but it's not really far off.

On a slight off-topic (but kinda related nonetheless): I find new cop AI to be much more aggressive than before. They behave much better in regards to my car, but they are ramming almost every civilian on the way :sweat:

Edited by liberto

I also think they spawn too close now. Doesn't seem too realistic. I liked how it took a while for them to catch up/arrive in 0.2. Maybe strike a balance between the two?

If the player is far away, spawn them closer to the suspect. But if the player is close spawn other pursuit vehicles further away?

Don't ever dare telling that they spawn too close and put an end to pursuits too fast, criticizing even constructively is not welcome if you are not part of the testing team.

11 minutes ago, DLM3 said:

Don't ever dare telling that they spawn too close and put an end to pursuits too fast, criticizing even constructively is not welcome if you are not part of the testing team.

And don't tell other users what to do if you aren't a moderator, I said ironically. (Not entirely sure what you mean or even if your serious in the first place).

It's a public beta, we're ALL testers in a sense. And considering user feedback is extremely important, they're completely willing to listen.

I agree.I'm very glad to see the huge improvements made in backup system in which you don't have to call in additional backups too often instead ambient cops would respond, However, in some situations where I want to call for additional local swat or noose swat I find them spawning way too close to the suspect It's kinda annoying.

I'm thinking of maybe having an .ini option for the minimum distance, how would that sound? The main reason we went for much closer backup was because units were often useless during pursuits when spawned too far away.

43 minutes ago, LMS said:

I'm thinking of maybe having an .ini option for the minimum distance, how would that sound? The main reason we went for much closer backup was because units were often useless during pursuits when spawned too far away.

Sounds like a great idea to me, let the individual user decide. Loving 0.3 by the way, so much smoother!

I agree.....although i like the auto-backup a lot my pursuits are over in less than a minute most times. I used to love pursuits the most and while exciting they are way to easy now imo. I had a pull-over on an Arrest Warrant and the suspect took off...before I even got back to my cvpi another unit flew around me and pitted him lol.

Yeah, in the previous version the backup always spawned way too far away and would be useless unless the suspect stopped for a while (for whatever reason) - now, they typically spawn rather close, usually in front of the suspect. which tends to make the AI apprehend them more.

I have seen the default callouts produce way too many AI automatically, but I think a lot of the AI complaints are due to the fact that LSPDFR now pulls AI cops off the street into their pursuits. If you have a modified pedcycle (like I do), then you'll have cops on foot patrol and in police cars patrolling the map, and they'll be pulled in to any pursuits you get involved in - which tends to add quite a few extra AI than maybe the developers intended.

I actually changed my whole style for pursuits, I'll call in an air unit to keep an eye on the suspect, and then I just let ambient cops join in when they're around. I still end up with at least a half dozen LSPD, LSSD, and SAHP units if a chase goes from the city out on one of the freeways, all without ever using the backup menu.

As for spawning, they at least need to spawn outside the pursuit radius, Inside that and they'll usually nail the suspect almost immediately.

Edited by The Loot

Okay. I don't want to be rude here and I know how much work has gone into the update... but after playing some more hours I am now ready to say that the new backup system is messing up the whole mod. I am not sure if there are some problems with plugins I use (only PoliceRadio and some callouts) but always when I get a pursuit all units in the area join. After the suspect is down there sitll come units to the scene and crash into our cars. It's like the game throws with police vehicles at me. There are too many units involved in a pursuit from the start and the ambient cops joining is total overkill. 

Also: Whenever I do a backup call I can now say for sure that police vehicles spawn within 20m of the suspect already on scene some seconds after I pressed the button. It feels like cheating.

Before 0.3 I had a really immersive game here...now I think it feels like 0.1 again. I'm sorry to say that but thats what I am observing here.

(Oh and btw: The reason the vehicles are not already exploded or trashed in this picture is that I use a RageHook Plugin for invincible police cars)

2016-01-23_00002.jpg

Edited by Officer SchelmTanne

I've whipped up a script that prevents cops from automatically being added to pursuits, but still allows you to call for backup manually (much like the way 0.2 worked but with better spawns). If people would like me to upload it I'd happily do so.

50 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

I've whipped up a script that prevents cops from automatically being added to pursuits, but still allows you to call for backup manually (much like the way 0.2 worked but with better spawns). If people would like me to upload it I'd happily do so.

Yisssss

53 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

Yusssssssssssssss

8 hours ago, Albo1125 said:

One that would make officers and vehicles despawn once they're a fair distance away and/or stuck or unable to move at a sufficient speed during a pursuit would really be great.

GTA V barely has any police cars spawning in normal traffic.  If you have too many units joining in, are you sure you haven't added mods which makes them spawn in traffic?

19 hours ago, Albo1125 said:

Released here:

On 24/1/2016 at 6:14 PM, Sam said:

GTA V barely has any police cars spawning in normal traffic.  If you have too many units joining in, are you sure you haven't added mods which makes them spawn in traffic?

I don't have any mod of that sort and I see quite a lot of units patrolling the city to be honest.