TheDivineHustle

Al-Qaeda Plotting Major Attack On Britain

By Guy Faulconbridge

Speaking after gunmen killed 12 people in an assault on a French satirical newspaper, MI5 boss Andrew Parker warned a strike on the United Kingdom was highly likely.LONDON (Reuters) - Al Qaeda militants in Syria are plotting attacks to inflict mass casualties in the West, possibly against transport systems or "iconic targets", the head of Britain's MI5 Security Service said on Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/britains-mi5-chief-warns-al-qaeda-syria-planning-220625665.html

"When citizens from Great Britain, the US, and France go to the Middle East to join the terrorist cells and fight for the Jihad, they should have their citizenship revoked and they should not be allowed to reenter the country. Then the appropriate agencies in each of these countries should monitor the radical cells still in US etc and proactively move on them, arrest them and if proven by due process, deport them. After that there is the simple stuff like closing the borders to any immigrants trying to come in from the ISIS or ISIL countries. If we do not want bloodshed here we have to work hard proactively to prevent it." -Top Comment on Yahoo News

Edited by CriminalKillaz

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

Pfff. I find this laughable, so a gang of terrorists is plotting an attack on Britan? AL-Qaeda wouldn't stand a chance against them, The UK is pretty powerful country.   

What I find laughable is that Al-Qaeda thinks it can take on the entire developed world at once... insane.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

While it may seem laughable, it must be taken seriously. Just recently our terrorist threat level was raised from substantial to severe meaning a terrorist attack is highly likely.

I see this threat as an attempt by Qaeda to try and gain media headlines over the attack on Paris. Nevertheless, I believe our security services abroad will be able to highlight any possible attacks.

I don't know why the fuck we (the UK) spend millions of tax payers money so called 'monitoring' these jihads or whatever you wish to call them. Not only is the monitoring not as effective as hoped, its expensive and absolutely ridiculous. Why the hell are they allowed back into the country?! Why the hell aren't they at least put into prison on their return. Why the hell would you travel to Syria at this time other then for training purposes or whatever.

This is honesty something that baffles me and pisses me off. The British goverment needs to stop worrying about being so multilaterally acceptant and worry about upsetting someone and take charge of the whole thing and start being tough. 

Just today the head of MI5 even said, quote "MI5 can not prevent every attack". Madness.  

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PvKEkIM.gif[/img]

Pfff. I find this laughable, so a gang of terrorists is plotting an attack on Britan? AL-Qaeda wouldn't stand a chance against them, The UK is pretty powerful country.

This is not open warfare. This is terrorism. US was and is a powerful country, yet 9/11 happened. France is a powerful country - recent events happened. When dealing with terrorists, you can't use your military might. The terrorists won't fight soldiers, won't capture cities, won't engage in regular battles. All it takes is a person or a few with some training, weapons and dangerous mindset to cause panic (yes, panic, not deaths are the main objectives of terrorists).

The only counter to such effective strategy is total control over the populace by the state, and I don't think I need to explain how that is a bad thing.

To summarize, because terror plots are small scale and usually involve only a small number of perpetrators, they are hard to detect before they happen. The intelligence agencies of the West are doing a really good job, but that might and probably won't be enough to stop such events as the last ones from happening.

This is not open warfare. This is terrorism. US was and is a powerful country, yet 9/11 happened. France is a powerful country - recent events happened. When dealing with terrorists, you can't use your military might. The terrorists won't fight soldiers, won't capture cities, won't engage in regular battles. All it takes is a person or a few with some training, weapons and dangerous mindset to cause panic (yes, panic, not deaths are the main objectives of terrorists).

The only counter to such effective strategy is total control over the populace by the state, and I don't think I need to explain how that is a bad thing.

To summarize, because terror plots are small scale and usually involve only a small number of perpetrators, they are hard to detect before they happen. The intelligence agencies of the West are doing a really good job, but that might and probably won't be enough to stop such events as the last ones from happening.

I see what you're getting at, it's good that the terror level has been raised, this way the police will be on high alert, lets hope a major attack doesn't happen. 

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

Exactly like Yard1 said above, the US was one of the worlds superpowers but they still flew 2 planes into the trade towers and the pentagon killing thousands of people. They have resources, and with those resources comes access to things we probably can't even imagine. Now they've shown that they have the brains and ability to implement these attacks so we must take them seriously. If you think about it when it comes to mass transit, buses, subways, etc., if there was an organized attack throughout the course of a day or multiple days think of how many people you could infect with some virus or disease. In short time we could have a huge problem on our hands, be it the USA, UK or wherever. They found the cracks in airline security to make 9/11/01 a success, so I don't doubt them in the least to be able to find the cracks somewhere else. 

I don't know why the fuck we (the UK) spend millions of tax payers money so called 'monitoring' these jihads or whatever you wish to call them. Not only is the monitoring not as effective as hoped, its expensive and absolutely ridiculous. Why the hell are they allowed back into the country?! Why the hell aren't they at least put into prison on their return. Why the hell would you travel to Syria at this time other then for training purposes or whatever.

This is honesty something that baffles me and pisses me off. The British goverment needs to stop worrying about being so multilaterally acceptant and worry about upsetting someone and take charge of the whole thing and start being tough. 

Just today the head of MI5 even said, quote "MI5 can not prevent every attack". Madness.

Just for the record, we monitor and prevent. Approximately 600 people are known to have left the UK and gone to countries where extremist groups are. If they are known to the government they get put on a watch list. Those on that list are barred from travelling to the UK, 2 of those involved in the attacks in France we're already on that list and would have been prevented from entering the UK.

Also, regarding your quote. I think you'll find he said the following

"Strikingly, working with our partners, we have stopped three UK terrorist plots in recent months alone.  Deaths would certainly have resulted otherwise. But we cannot be complacent.  Although we and our partners try our utmost we know that we cannot hope to stop everything."

The part you're cutting out is the fact we stopped 3 attacks recently, something which you appear to feel is not effective enough? If you go to the source of that quote above you'll also read that for every 1 attack that gets through we've stopped 3 or 4 other attacks over the past decades. Is that not good enough either? I mean we're talking a 1 in 4 chance of failure. That's a 75% success rate of stopping acts of terrorism.

The part you're drawing the most attention to is that we can't stop everything. But think for a second at what you're getting annoyed with. Nobody in the world can stop everything from happening.

I agree we should try to do more, I agree a more proactive stance should be taken by all. I agree that these extremists need to just be removed rather than try to control them. But it's no good deploying the army into a country to cut down the extremists and then say "oops" when you cause more problems and possibly start a war.

GTA V Mods: [WIP] More Control V [WIP] CalloutsV [WIP] LSPDFR Chroma
GTA IV Mods: [REL] Callouts+

What I find laughable is that Al-Qaeda thinks it can take on the entire developed world at once... insane.

Its not the fact that they think that, its the point at that they don't care if they die or not, in their mind they are dying for heroic things for their country. I do not know where they get this nationalism from but, that's what makes them feel so good, because they'll kill themselves for someone who tells them what to do not realizing that the person don't care what happens, acceptance maybe it could be, or maybe even their families are being threatened unless they do what their told. Its all how you look at it.

Just for the record, we monitor and prevent. Approximately 600 people are known to have left the UK and gone to countries where extremist groups are. If they are known to the government they get put on a watch list. Those on that list are barred from travelling to the UK, 2 of those involved in the attacks in France we're already on that list and would have been prevented from entering the UK.

"Strikingly, working with our partners, we have stopped three UK terrorist plots in recent months alone.  Deaths would certainly have resulted otherwise. But we cannot be complacent.  Although we and our partners try our utmost we know that we cannot hope to stop everything."

The part you're cutting out is the fact we stopped 3 attacks recently, something which you appear to feel is not effective enough? If you go to the source of that quote above you'll also read that for every 1 attack that gets through we've stopped 3 or 4 other attacks over the past decades. Is that not good enough either? I mean we're talking a 1 in 4 chance of failure. That's a 75% success rate of stopping acts of terrorism.

The part you're drawing the most attention to is that we can't stop everything. But think for a second at what you're getting annoyed with. Nobody in the world can stop everything from happening.

I agree we should try to do more, I agree a more proactive stance should be taken by all. I agree that these extremists need to just be removed rather than try to control them. But it's no good deploying the army into a country to cut down the extremists and then say "oops" when you cause more problems and possibly start a war.

Do you think terrorists may attempt at targeting the Queen of the UK? Does the Queen even have good security?

Do you think terrorists may attempt at targeting the Queen of the UK? Does the Queen even have good security?

They may well try, in truth. I haven't a fucking clue. I'm not one of them lol. they might blow up a post box and laugh at their evil deed, all those poor poor brits who won't get their post. I genuinely haven't the slightest clue.

Does she have good security...oh, only the Queen's Guard and the Queen's Life Guard along with the rest of the armed forces that swear an oath to her....I'm pretty certain if an attempt on the queen's life was known to occur or did occur she'd be alright. I mean the woman lives in 6 different houses so you know. You gotta pick the right house first :P

GTA V Mods: [WIP] More Control V [WIP] CalloutsV [WIP] LSPDFR Chroma
GTA IV Mods: [REL] Callouts+

As far as I am concerned, terrorists prefer soft targets (malls, plazas, shops, train/metro stations, public areas etc.) that don't have the best security and have a lot of people than hard targets (military bases, government buildings, police stations, public figures) which are way better protected.

Besides, they don't attack individuals, they attack the society.

*slow clap*

Nice job guys, I forgot that LCPDFR was also CNNFR. The amount of "speculation" here is incredible; the great american bullshit machine never stops churning out new stories! Personally, I am terrified at the thought of Al-Qaeda breaking down my door in the -40F weather to kill me. There's a great way to defend against them though! Turn your TV off (cut off the bloodflow to your living room) and attempt to see through media bias.

"Well, the thought on everyone's mind is, COULD IT HAPPEN HERE."

Gee, like England hasn't see its fair-share of terrorism. Remember The Troubles? Of course not. Hyde and Regent's Park? Much like now, no one gave a fuck about the bandsmen or the families, no time for mourning when the headline is as fresh as the blood making the story. 

Think about it this way, imagine you got a really nasty case of the flu and one of your friends came over. You wanted to sit down and talk with that friend. Said friend then sees the condition you're in and turns his back on you, screaming to everyone else in the house, "WHAT IF I GET SICK, WHAT IF YOU GET SICK, WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET SICK, HOW DID HE GET SICK, ARE YOU AT RISK FOR GETTING SICK?"

Not very helpful is it? Three days later you're already on the fast track to recovery, you wake up to find that all your housemates have locked themselves in their rooms, fearful of "getting sick".

Fear = $$$ 

I will accept my use of the quotation was shite. In my defense I was in a rush and I knew it was something a long the line and typically, the media only posted that part of the quote.

I know we prevent terrorism attempts often, and have prevented disasters (such as the copy cats of the tube bombings, but even then, that was through an error of theirs). I appreciate the attempts stopped so far, but I cannot wrap my head around the fact we are allowing these blatant jihads to return posing an obvious and immediate threat and all we're doing is monitoring them spending millions. The very fact that there is a 15% chance of a successful terrorist attack worries me very much, even if 75% is a large chunk of attacks prevented. I know that we can never eradicate the threat, but I believe as a nation, there is more that can be done, even if it is against the British ethics of respecting everyone. 

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PvKEkIM.gif[/img]

oh you mean Al Qaeda is plotting a terrorist attack against western countries still?? shocking.. i thought they just crawled over and died after we forfeited our war with them  :wallbash:

28e28d75ee.png

HAVE A QUESTION OR A REQUEST? MESSAGE ME I'M HAPPY TO HELP

"When citizens from Great Britain, the US, and France go to the Middle East to join the terrorist cells and fight for the Jihad, they should have their citizenship revoked and they should not be allowed to reenter the country. Then the appropriate agencies in each of these countries should monitor the radical cells still in US etc and proactively move on them, arrest them and if proven by due process, deport them. After that there is the simple stuff like closing the borders to any immigrants trying to come in from the ISIS or ISIL countries. If we do not want bloodshed here we have to work hard proactively to prevent it." -Top Comment on Yahoo News

This person obviously has not heard Obama's plan on Immigration reform. :wallbash:

Huh, who'd have thought that the worlds' premier supplier of on-demand islamic fundementalism would announce plans to attack the west.

The poor chaps in Al Quaeda aren't playing on their own any more so these announcements are rather convenient. Some of their investors must certainly have noticed that ISIS has been putting in a good effort in their sharia crusade while ISAF slowly reduced their font-line commitment in preperation for the "handover" to the ANSF late last year, Afghanistan does not make for a good sales pitch for AQ's potential investor because it's getting more difficult to kill westerners and  Afghanistan itself has no value whatsover in the big picture.

Al Quaeda are always planning attacks against the west, it shouldn't be a surprise really. The US government has contingency plans for everything, including a possible invasion of Canda. I wonder if the media would report on that in the same way.

There's nothing newsworthy at all about this "story", the media will spin a story out of almost anything that will attact viewers, sell more papers or get more site views on the internet. 

This person obviously has not heard Obama's plan on Immigration reform. :wallbash:

Lol I think some of the comments were deleted... I guess that signifies that we should end this discussion about Obama.