PoliceWag

ELS V8 Preview MP testing

A lot of people said V8 will have damageable cars. Is it true? Coz I didn't see that in this video.

A lot of people said V8 will have damageable cars. Is it true? Coz I didn't see that in this video.

Yes that has been implemented. You can see it in action in the first few seconds of the embedded video, ELS is enabled and the vehicles door is open - something that was only possible with V7's "Cruise" lights function. 

If you look at the second video at 1:22 you can clearly see that ELS v8 allows the vehicle to be damaged with the lights on.

Also, the lightbar (Believe it's a MX-7000?) looks really nice at the start of the video with great rotating lights. Really looks like their rotating :yes: 

Great job so far from what I've seen :thumbsup:

OMG this is amazing can't wait for release! I hope it has less bugs too. Good work guys! Whoever locked you lot in the basement was a very clever man!

Edited by banditsvcops

I was very skeptical at first when people said ELS v8 had damageable vehicles, I just assumed they mistook it for ELS Dot net.

But boy am I surprised now! :turned:

Great work on it. Loved the linked video.

ELS v8 might just see me returning back to ELS vehicles being my main patrol vehicles. :yes:

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot to ask.

Does ELS v8 still use the parts system (somehow working around the repairing of the car) or have you got another system working? (No need to specify what the other system is, if you don't want to)

Edited by Rocking_Star101

Does ELS v8 still use the parts system (somehow working around the repairing of the car) or have you got another system working? (No need to specify what the other system is, if you don't want to)

It still uses the same car extra system, no need to worry, you don't have to update much. I may write an article explaining how I managed to fix it on my blog soon.

Good stuff, question. This is something I wanted to see happen with the ELS system for sometime, will keying in peoples names into the computer still change your light setup or has that been resolved with 8.0. I find myself rarely checking peoples licenses since I hate when I type in letters that represent their name, but only to find my light setup changed :P

Good stuff, question. This is something I wanted to see happen with the ELS system for sometime, will keying in peoples names into the computer still change your light setup or has that been resolved with 8.0. I find myself rarely checking peoples licenses since I hate when I type in letters that represent their name, but only to find my light setup changed :P

I just reconfigured the controls for ELS to use other keys that are not letters. Example, 8, 9, 0 turns on my lights, etc.

That way I don't toggle anything when I'm in the computer or typing text chat in game.

this looks so awesome cant wait! awesome job....will this work on any car or will the cars have to be optimized for els 8?

this looks so awesome cant wait! awesome job....will this work on any car or will the cars have to be optimized for els 8?

Dunno, but I did notice that Lt.Caine "optimized" his cars for ELS V8.0. You can see it in the change log on his default vehicles pack 1 and 2.

Because the extras are technically always there, will it be more laggy, more computer friendly, or will it just be the same?

Oh shit, I had no idea this was for real. I thought "els v8" was a joke or something. Can't wait!

Edited by Requiem