[API][WIP/REL] Callouts+ - Additional LCPDFR API Callouts

I just found something else which needs to be addressed, sorry.

So I called a cop to take an abandoned car. I stood right behind it and even touched it. While he was still on his way I got into my car and moved some 10 meters away. The cop car arrived and bumped into my car. Then I was told there is no car to take and the cop drove away but the abandoned car was still there and in vicinity. That indicates you use the player character as target on the arrival as well (not just with the call) and the abandoned car was outside the registration radius at this point in time. Could you make the abandoned vehicle as target point once it got registered with the call?

Edited by Cyron43

So I called a cop to take an abandoned car. While he was still on his way I moved my player some 10 meters away. The cop car arrived and bumped into my car. Then I was told there is no car to take and the cop drove away but the abandoned car was still there and in vicinity. That indicates you use the player character as target on the arrival as well (not just with the call) and the abandoned car was outside the registration radius at this point in time. Could you make the abandoned vehicle as target point once it got registered with the call?

Yes, I do have them target the players position, but the vehicle is registered the second you use the keybind. So if you walk away "some 10 metres" it will still be registered and the cop will run to it. I should know I watched them run many times to ensure I got the timing correct.

The problem was not that you walked "some 10 meters away" it's that you weren't close enough to the vehicle when you first did the keybind. I have it set to reasonably close because it makes it easier for the script to see the car you want removed and therefore reduces the chance that the wrong car is closer to you and thus will get removed.

And no, I refuse to allow the player to mark a car for removal and then drive off down the street. It doesn't happen in real life, you stay with it until the backup arrives. Because what happens if the car is then stolen or removed by it's owner etc?

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

I'm not sure what you mean with "needs to be adressed". I think that LukeD decides to do what he wants with his mod. Writing it like that make it seem like you demand him to do this. He makes this plugin for free, for you and the community. I think you are better off enjoying it, instead of demanding new stuff :) 

And you can't just asume that because you walked 10 meters away and go "this indicates that". I think he wrote the code good sir, I'm sure he is aware and I'm afraid you are using it wrong. 

Edited by ineseri

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

Sorry I didn't want to sound rude or anything. English is not my native language. I apologize.

Why is everyone so harsh around here? I'm just trying to help to make this mod better!

Anyway what do you mean with "reasonably close"? I did another test and moved just about 3 meters away to prevent getting overrun by the arriving police car but even then your mod didn't recognize the abandoned car anymore.

As I said, when I made the call I was so close I even touched the car.

Why is the arriving cop car aiming at me instead towards the abandoned car?

Edited by Cyron43

Sorry I didn't want to sound rude or anything. English is not my native language. I apologize.

Why is everyone so harsh around here? I'm just trying to help to make this mod better!

Anyway what do you mean with "reasonably close"? I did another test and moved just about 3 meters away to prevent getting overrun by the arriving police car but even then your mod didn't recognize the abandoned car anymore.

As I said, when I made the call I was so close I even touched the car.

Why is the arriving cop car aiming at me instead towards the abandoned car?

Apology accepted, I appreciate your input but some things I have added I have done them a specific way on purpose.

As for the vehicle, you have to be stood within a radius of 3.0f to the vehicle (not sure what the measurement is but it's about a door's length away from the car) this is to ensure that the script knows it is exactly that car (because the only way a car could be close to you is if it is crashing into you and running you over)

The position is also relative to the centre of the car, so it is best to stand by the driver/passenger door.

If the vehicle is unloaded from the script for whatever reason it will lose it which is why there is that catch which says "no vehicle found".

The arriving cop, as previously mentioned, is going to the players position rather than the cars to ensure that you stay with the car really. It is better for realism that you stay on the scene rather than say "I need this removing, ok thanks I'm off to burgershot now" and then leaving it (to eventually be despawned by the game)

I am highly aware that the handle for their arrival is not as efficient as that of the paramedic, I will be editing this so they stop sooner (for some reason despite using the same values and distances the police decided to travel a little further, thus turning to the player and running them down)

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Script error, no game crash

[ERROR - 6:09:58 PM] [Script.CalloutManager] Error while processing callout: Race: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at CalloutsPlus.Callouts.Races.Process()
   at freval_130.Process()

Script error, no game crash

[ERROR - 6:09:58 PM] [Script.CalloutManager] Error while processing callout: Race: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at CalloutsPlus.Callouts.Races.Process()
   at freval_130.Process()

Happens some times. Will look into a fix for it, but it is a similar situation to the "object doesn't exist any more" error that happens with LCPDFR.

• Management Team

Do you plan on making a way to edit the keys? Since E is the default action button for everything, having that be the control to fix the car's engine is kind of annoying. For example, I'm trying to arrest a suspect near the front of my car, then suddenly decide my car needs an oil change. Also, Shift-Z to stabilize someone was conflicting with the default PoliceHelper cone control. So, when I'm trying to set out cones, I start reviving someone 30 feet away; or while reviving someone, I shit a cone. For that, I changed my PH control, but I'm just so used to Z that I keep pressing it for barriers. Then with Shift-R for the ambulance, I tell my partner to regroup at the same time. That one I also changed in LCPDFR, and really isn't much of a problem.

Edit: Just thought about checking the readme to see if you mentioned it and saw that you will add customization later, so there's my answer.

Edited by willpv23

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

Do you plan on making a way to edit the keys? Since E is the default action button for everything, having that be the control to fix the car's engine is kind of annoying. For example, I'm trying to arrest a suspect near the front of my car, then suddenly decide my car needs an oil change. Also, Shift-Z to stabilize someone was conflicting with the default PoliceHelper cone control. So, when I'm trying to set out cones, I start reviving someone 30 feet away; or while reviving someone, I shit a cone. For that, I changed my PH control, but I'm just so used to Z that I keep pressing it for barriers. Then with Shift-R for the ambulance, I tell my partner to regroup at the same time. That one I also changed in LCPDFR, and really isn't much of a problem.

Edit: Just thought about checking the readme to see if you mentioned it and saw that you will add customization later, so there's my answer.

Hehe, ProTip: always read the readme :P

Customisable keybinds are done, just working on bug fixes now and trying to stabilise the mod more.

I've amended the keys too, so things like the engine repair now require a modifier (like shift) as well, this should hopefully mean you wont suddenly decide to top up your radiator coolant while trying to arrest someone.

And, each key has its own modifier slot in the config file, so you can customise each one rather than saying "they all have to be the same modifier". However they do all now require a modifier, and cannot be left blank (will likely crash the game at the moment if you leave one blank)

EDIT: It doesn't crash it just disables the feature (because it has no keybind to detect)

Oh, and for those who didn't like the removal script driving to the player. I have made some changes. The AI will still drive to the player's current position, but once they are close enough they change and drive to the vehicle you requested to be removed. Meaning you still have to stand in the area, but once they are there you can go.

EDIT 2:

Update Released

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Adds some patches to fix some issues, and adjusts some features.

Edited by LukeD

Hey LukeD just an idea that mass shooting callout you're going to make, can you make it to where there 20-25 suspects shooting at you, let me what you think.

"I'm a marked man, so I'm getting out of here"

Ray Machowski

Hey LukeD just an idea that mass shooting callout you're going to make, can you make it to where there 20-25 suspects shooting at you, let me what you think.

That's extremely unrealistic, considering that mass shootings in the US rarely have more than one shooter, and as far as I know, have had no more than two shooters.

Other incidents that would be an exception would be terrorist attacks, like the mall shooting in Kenya.

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

I don't ever remember saying I was "going to make" a mass shootout.

And no I wont be doing that, you are asking me there to register 20 - 25 people into the game all with guns and each with their own AI. That's going to cause performance issues on some machines, and will ensure the player dies within 2 seconds. So no sorry.

Adding domestic disputes, or just regular disputes, back into the mix would be awesome, especially with the ability to "interview" witnesses (please correct me if I'm on the wrong call out thread). You could show up to see two people arguing on the sidewalk, in a house, a burger shot, and so on, and see what each person has to say about what's happening. 

-EDIT: Double post by mistake-

Edited by securitasguard

Adding domestic disputes, or just regular disputes, back into the mix would be awesome, especially with the ability to "interview" witnesses (please correct me if I'm on the wrong call out thread). You could show up to see two people arguing on the sidewalk, in a house, a burger shot, and so on, and see what each person has to say about what's happening. 

-EDIT: Double post by mistake-

The talking to witnesses feature was added by WoutersCallouts :)