Taken from a Change-log:

Discovered by a guy on reddit

<builds>
        <id>535595</id>
        <buildId>228</buildId>
        <buildDate>2012-06-11T17:34:56Z</buildDate>
        <buildInfo>QA_11-06-2012___09-10

Known Issues –
•534901 – Cloth crashes on PC. Use -nocloth to work around.
•Some start location specific loading asserts around today.
•530704 - [PT] Garage doors in the precinct do not open 
•457213 - Rockstar Deathmatches not appearing on Xbox 360
•533722 - FBI5A - Portal/interior issues
•MP syncing bugs
</buildInfo>
        <platformId>1568</platformId>
    </builds>
Also contains references direct references to DX11 and x64

I'll throw in an article from some website to make this an official SH thread

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20010/20130923/gta-v-pc-release-date-seems-more.htm

Original post / discussion: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1309782

TL;DR:

985459 – PC - [PT][PB] Crash - > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++

614622 - [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.

632447 - [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read

496009 - [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional

(no x64 prebuild cover) – Boot checks completed only.

Base AudioCL#s: Playstation 3 and XBOX: 3772801; PC CL 3773483

Also, a worrying line, further confirming RMTs:

1423784-PT - Transition from store to GTAO failed after buying RMT cash

The first version, b9348, was dated 2009-04-20. Bug reports become more and more detailed during 2011. Other tidbits:

995837 - [PT] All items dropped by peds and packages explode when shot

959616 - When firing the RPG, the rocket instantly explodes and kills the player

1475836 - [PT] Stunt plane spawned slightly in the ground and exploded when player got control

385829 / 388040 - Physics issues (asserts, slowdown & flying peds/vehs).

In vehicle control change -- hold L1 to aim, press R1 to fire. Hand-braking is disabled when aiming

Edited by hlsavior

its just a matter of not if      but when

as they said on other forum's hopefully this will force rockstar's hand   at least give a date or confirm that it'll be released on PC

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

First off, that isn't really surprising.

Second, even if it's been in development, doesn't mean it gets released. While it'd be odd for Rockstar not to release it, it'd be possible for them to work on it for PC before deciding that it isn't worth the cost to finish development. Unlikely, but possible. Hell, I'd be surprised if RDR was never even tried on PC: I'd imagine that they began a port process before deciding not to port it over (that way, if they did want to port it, they'd be somewhat far along).

Theory: Maybe part of the reason R* holds off on announcing PC till console ships is because GTA's really expensive to make, and if it doesn't do well on console, it's not worth the price to bring to PC.

They made  $800,000,000   on the 1st day

and

133, 000,000 people got it on day 1

and made 1 Billion in just 3 days alone

from the article

"$800 million worldwide figure for GTA V doesn’t include big video game markets Japan and Brazil, where the game has yet to street."

that was on Friday the game will prob hit close to 2 Billion soon

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/grand-theft-auto-v-hits-record-breaking-800m-in-first-day-sales/

Edited by K-9 police 9

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

its just a matter of not if      but when

as they said on other forum's hopefully this will force rockstar's hand   at least give a date or confirm that it'll be released on PC

This won't force anybody's hand.   Bullying type tactics dont do good for anyone.  Some Exec might see this as some "computer hacker"  meddling with their properties and secrets.  A sign that software pirates are getting ready for it. 

Now your other post about the sales,  yes there is a simple point there with MONEY talks.   I could not find any numbers for GTA IV console VS PC sales.  But if it is still a prevailing thought that PC users have a high ratio of pirating games,  we will lose either way.   And the MONEY will be telling them there isn't much room to maneuver.   

They will either only devote enough resources to get it just to work....(even though GTA IV is running a bit more stable for me with tweaks,  i'm not interested in a "good enough" port).  

Or they see that a dedicated version for the PC won't rake it in for them due to risks of low or mediocre sales.  Which leads to the point above,,  or they won't release on PC.  (I want GTA to be the best thing possible.  I hope they take advantage of the platform being worked on and add tech, features.  And the only fair reasoning not to is if they have to have cross platform compatibility for multiplayer... no excuse there)

I am optimistic about a PC release basing it on past history.

About the posted info.  The known issue report with peds and dropped items exploding when shot or the rocket launcher instantly gibbing the player.  :teehee:   Funny stuff,  of course no way we will ever get to see inside dev testing if there is such a recording.  Now that is what we should be discussing about the info provided. Though it doesn't seem that was the Poster's intent from the subject title.  I don't want to see every information post about GTA V delve into hackneyed theories on why it must come out on the PC.   I feel it degrades any possible discussions on news and happenings related to GTA V. 

And one of the posters mentioned that it is possible,  though i also think it is unlikely that they may have put in some development into the PC version and the numbers and work put in wouldnt be worth it for them.   And even though someone has gleaned this info,  the project may already be dead on the table.

The only way Rockstar's hand might be forced is if some third-party fake info is leading to a competitive disadvantage or a huge PR disaster (e.g. a former developer says that the game has a mission where you shoot up an elementary school or something, and mainstream news reports it as fact) [to be fair, it's not like Rocktar really cares about PR], in which case they might specifically say "no, that doesn't happen". There's no reason leaks of PC testing results would force their hand; there's no disadvantage to just not acknowledging it.

From watching live streams of it (I don't do consoles), the console version lacks traffic/people big time.

Also the handling is very arcade and the roads are wider than in real life. 4 is just more to scale

so... if they release this for the pc, it will really take a lot of optimization and im not sure if they will have to really redesign things. So far honestly it looks console only.

But compared to older versions, V really looks very consoly top to bottom. A port might not be possible, I doubt they have been working on a separate PC only version. Then again who knows

Edited by sgtdonuts

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/44082/sig.jpg[/img] Stats reset june. hardcore mode active.

Well, yeah, of course they develop on PC. They use PCs for development and then test on console dev kits. Pretty obvious.

This isn't anything new at all.

This. 

You don't develop games on a console, you test them on a console. There's a developer PC version for developing reasons. 

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

Hell, I'd be surprised if RDR was never even tried on PC: I'd imagine that they began a port process before deciding not to port it over (that way, if they did want to port it, they'd be somewhat far along).

I believe that has more to do with the studio that made the Red Dead games has been almost exclusively a console developer. As to why they didn't have someone else port it, who knows?

From watching live streams of it (I don't do consoles), the console version lacks traffic/people big time.

Also the handling is very arcade and the roads are wider than in real life. 4 is just more to scale

so... if they release this for the pc, it will really take a lot of optimization and im not sure if they will have to really redesign things. So far honestly it looks console only.

But compared to older versions, V really looks very consoly top to bottom. A port might not be possible, I doubt they have been working on a separate PC only version. Then again who knows

Traffic is fine  like real life Cali it depends on where you are and what time of the day it is     Ped traffic is lacking a little in some area's  but in other area's there are a bunch of Ped traffic again depends on where you are on the map and time of day like real life

and the road width is just fine Cali / Southern Cal roads are  wider  and bigger( and that's going on visiting L.A.,  S.D.  and Anaheim a couple of times )   to be able to take the volume of road traffic which they tried and it worked it game  so no correction needed

gta4 is based on N.Y. / New Jersey hence the roads are skinner over here in the east coast just the way it is

I believe that has more to do with the studio that made the Red Dead games has been almost exclusively a console developer. As to why they didn't have someone else port it, who knows?

The studio  R* San Diego that made Red Dead never releases their games  on PC

GTA5 was made by R* studio's somewhere in Canada which almost always release's  their games on PC

My Latest Files 

Rockstar North is based in Edinburgh, not Canada. Rockstar Toronto just *ported* IV and EFLC, it didn't do the main development (actually, R* Toronto's main role within R* is porting, it looks like).

That said, I'm not sure why they *couldn't* port it; while consoles are optimized differently from general-purpose computers, and a PC version would require debugging, it's not like those are unique concerns to GTA V. Style of a game doesn't matter for difficulty of the port; for example, in all likelihood, the handling isn't something that porters have to *touch* - they'd need to port the general handling system, but the actual handling data is separate. Also, since RAGE was already ported with IV and Max Payne 3, they already have much of that work done. Obviously, they'd need to update RAGE, but it's not like they're starting from scratch.

About scale: New York has fairly small roads. Out west, roads are often bigger: there are stretches of highway with 10 or more lanes.

Also, what does "consoly" even mean?

this is why I don't even post here anymore..

roads are the same WIDTH across the entire country. this is a federal DOT mandate. number of lanes is irrelevant. in V the width of the lanes is way out of scale so you can drive through/between cars. in 4 and below they are to scale

consoly = arcade. damage is unrealistic, cars cannot roll over or be flipped

and no, traffic isn't anywhere as dense as it was in 4. this is compensate for the huge map nonetheless, which is actually ok.

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/44082/sig.jpg[/img] Stats reset june. hardcore mode active.

roads are the same WIDTH across the entire country. this is a federal DOT mandate. number of lanes is irrelevant. in V the width of the lanes is way out of scale so you can drive through/between cars. in 4 and below they are to scale

and no, traffic isn't anywhere as dense as it was in 4. this is compensate for the huge map nonetheless, which is actually ok.

In my experience, cars DO flip. Quite alot actually. Could be because of my terrible driving skills.

As for the density of traffic, I agree with you there. It's not as dense as IV, but in the countryside that's okay. The cities/towns feel ghostlike on some occasions, but it's usually ok.

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

I can personally tell you having experienced roads in different states and different cities  !st hand  that NO roads are not the same width   across the country

highways out west lanes are slighty wider than they are on the east coast  same with the side streets

roads out west are wider the roads in the east are skinner depending on city and state bottom line ,  and   the fed dot mandate is a guide line and not actually enforced unless  the roads are skinner than what they should be

and No the roads in GTA5  are just fine as they refelect  the roads  out west  and the roads in gta 4 reflect the roads on the east coast  

going back and forth across the country think I would know more  and some1 in my family will back the statement up and they are constanly traveling across the country on a monthly basis due to their job

And as far as traffic / ped density  I suggest you watch different video's or get the game yourself as my previous statement remains true that   Traffic is fine  like real life Cali it depends on where you are and what time of the day it is     Ped traffic is lacking a little in some area's  but in other area's there are a bunch of Ped traffic again depends on where you are on the map and time of day like real life

and lets not forget when / if it comes out on PC you have the option to control traffic density in settings

@ ineseri  ^ above statement if you want more traffic you gotta time it just right with the time of day    

Edited by K-9 police 9

My Latest Files 

Not even every road in New York is the same width, let alone the whole country. The lanes on certain parts of the Taconic State Parkway are definitely a lot thinner than the lanes on the NYS Thruway. There might be a federal minimum, though.

One major thing that makes the game "arcady" is being able to control the car while in the air and flip the car back onto its wheels while on the ground.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

Roads are not all the same size here in the US.  Only Federally funded highways/expressways are the same size.  

Federal highway roads are following federal regs regarding size, lane width ect.  State roads follow state and local regulations, not federal regulations.  The fed has no authority over state or municipal roads, what-so-ever, other than federal highways (refer to Article-I, section-8, clause-3 of the US Constitution, which is the section the fed uses and refers to, in order to regulate federal USDOT roads only).

However, states may accept federal mandates, but the only reason they would do this when the fed gives grants (i.e: I'll give you money but you need to do this thing or follow this rule).

Good day,

DrDetroit

roads are the same WIDTH across the entire country. this is a federal DOT mandate. number of lanes is irrelevant.

Road width refers to the width of the whole road, and is most often expressed as a number of lanes. *Lane* width is the width of the lanes, and is what DOT regulates. If you refer to anything as "road width" except the width of the entire road, don't be surprised when people misinterpret what you're saying.

Also, I still fail to see what being "consoly" has to do with porting.