Spring Update 2023: Soaring to New Heights on LCPDFR.com

Cyan

• The topic was featured
  • Community Team

Thanks for all the work you put into this site! I also appropriate the massive improvements to loading that you pretty much fixed on my end.

I can now load my own profile quickly instead of waiting for the packets in the mail with an ETA of 3 ~ 5 business days.

LSPDFR modding giving you a headache? Join ULSS for support or just to hangout!.

https://discord.gg/ulss

• Management Team
45 minutes ago, XxOJLxX Designs said:

Loving the new improvements, like tags, just wondering will Pierce be added as a vehicle brand? For those of us who have fire packs up.

Added!

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

• Management Team
24 minutes ago, jcwsutton said:

I really hope it fixed my LSPDFR first response crash.

I really doubt a website update could fix your installation issue I'm afraid :sad:

12 hours ago, HookerHeels said:

Can we have a Lore friendly tag? Been waiting like 10 years for one 😄

Yup, we added a lore tag. https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/tags/?filter_tag[0]=4

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:09 PM, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

I hope you're having a fantastic springtime and looking forward to the summer!

It's been a long time since we've posted a website roundup update, but there's a few changes we're really excited to let you know about. Some of these changes you may have already seen, some will definitely be new.

File Tagging System Rollout

We've started Phase 1 of our file tagging system rollout. This update went live today and additionally we've spent some time tagging the first few pages of Vehicle Models to introduce you to it.

Could contain: text, vehicle, land vehicle, wheel, screenshot, tire, automotive design, outdoor, car
A look at some files with new tags, different tag types are distinctively coloured.

One of the reasons we have not used the built-in tagging system that comes with the software we are using is because it lacks a lot of features a community our size needs. The new home-grown solution combines the tagging solution that comes with our software natively, but extends it with many features:

• The ability for our moderation staff to manage tags
  • Tag "categories" with distinctive features, for example; Vehicle Brands, Vehicle Year, System Tags
  • Ability for us to easily see tag use
  • Ability for members to easily navigate tags
  • Ability for authors to find the tags they want to apply easily, and with tag categories, ensure they're picking the correct tags.
  • System and gated tags. For example, the tags fivem and lml will be automatically applied to files and cannot be applied manually. Certain tags can also be gated as author-only, or site-staff only for future expansion.

We have started the system today with some vehicle-specific tags (Vehicle Brand, Vehicle Year and Vehicle Country). More tags and tag categories will come as we move into the other phases of this new tagging system.
If you've got any feedback on what tags and tag categories we could further add, feel free to leave feedback on this post.

Here's a small list of what we're working on for future updates:

• Community and reputation based tagging (users can tag old files to help tag files which are never going to be updated)
  • A new part of the site where you can see all tags on a certain page, and sort by their uses.
  • Automatic tagging based on image analysis and OCR.
  • A page where anyone can recommend tags (and perhaps tag categories) which can be voted on.
  • Making it easier to tag files, by not allowing arbitary input into the tag box.

Could contain: text, screenshot, software, multimedia software, computer icon, operating system, multimedia, web page, website, graphics software, editing

Using the new downloads tag page to find tags that have files you're interested in.

Could contain: text, screenshot, software, font, multimedia, multimedia software, computer icon, operating system

Authors, you can get started today tagging your files, just hit the 'Add Tag' button next to your file title.
Tagging is always optional, but helps users find your file in the sea of uploads.

A short video showing how to tag files.

AI alt-text and Image Precheck

We now automatically generate an alt-text for all images uploaded. You can see these on image attachments on the forum, as well as file screenshots. These will help discovery both via LCPDFR.com site search (these tags are now inserted into our search index) and Google as well as aid to make the site a bit more accessible.

Along with this, images are now checked via our Image Precheck system for compliance with our Community Guidelines. Images which may not be in compliance with our Community Guidelines may be held for approval or rejected. We hope this keeps the community safer.

Realtime Interactivity

We've introduced a few parts of the site which give you more information in realtime. For example if you're logged in, you'll now see if someone else is viewing a thread or download. If someone's typing in a forum thread, you'll see it in realtime.

A sprinkle of this has also been added to our download system, which will also show if the file you're looking at is among the top files being downloaded right now, as well as how many people are viewing. There's also a realtime count of downloads on the main downloads index now, see if you can see it.

If you want to be anonymous, ensure your Online Status is set to Hidden in your Security & Privacy settings.

Speed & Performance

We fixed two major causes of latency for logged in users over the past few weeks. Both of these were caused by bad database queries.

We've shaved off around ~4s worst case of viewing the LCPDFR.com homepage, and around ~1.5s worst case of latency per file listing.

Thank you to the ULSS Discord Server for bringing this to my attention (specifically @SuperPyroManiac).

Other Fixes & Changes

• Introduced WebAuthn 2FA support. While this is going to be used mostly internally for securing administrative accounts, this option is also available to all users.
  • Show a warning when using colors in the website editor, reminding users of the different themes.
  • LSPDFR Sync no longer shows deactivated members' characters.
  • Fixed an issue with recording and displaying file checksums on the post-download page.
  • Fixed file embeds from rendering an entire page on error.
  • Fixed an issue IPS refuses to fix, correctly lazyloaded content between paginations.
  • Added a game filter to user download special pages.
  • Fixed an issue with file comments/reviews being removed from the search index.
  • Guest views now correctly increment content view counts.
  • ...And numerous other backend changes that would be too expansive to list.

Cyan.

^_^

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team

We're proud to announce today our new Tag Picker is live.

Our new tag picker allows you to easily search and discover tags to place on your file. You can search by browsing, by typing and by tag category.

Most of our tags are still cantered around vehicles, and will only be visible in the vehicles categories. We're working on additional features and new tags, and we are open to recommendations of new tags and features as we work on the next phase of our tagging system.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management Team
On 8/27/2023 at 8:29 PM, 21Sumter said:

Hello, is it possible to remove the updated or downloaded icons on files that you have stopped using or on any other

There's no way of amending download histories at the moment.

Glad to see work being spent on making the website easier & more accessible.

A small thing - what about the ability to remove the updated / downloaded icons altogether?

A little uncertain on the placement of the icons; I'd personally prefer seeing the thumbnails of scripts & plugins without them being partially covered. 😄

Prefer support on Discord? Want your log automatically read? Join my server to receive live support!

https://discord.gg/gyw5rDHCfr

Developer of Callout Pack 686 Callouts & Discord Bot 686 Utilities.

• Management Team
On 8/29/2023 at 12:43 PM, Charlie686 said:

Glad to see work being spent on making the website easier & more accessible.

A small thing - what about the ability to remove the updated / downloaded icons altogether?

A little uncertain on the placement of the icons; I'd personally prefer seeing the thumbnails of scripts & plugins without them being partially covered. 😄

Thanks!

We have a bunch of other developments coming so it's a bit in a state of rapid change at the moment, however we will consider it for future updates depending on the final outcome of our changes.