Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Announcement + First Preview

3 hours ago, Schecter004 said:

The only thing i miss with LSPDFR is the scenario when the suspect shoots at you when you approach the vehicle at a traffic stop.

I liked this with LCPDFR because you never knew what will happen.

Yeah, it's the randomness that's missing at times, suspects also never attack or search a new car but only flee after vehicle pursuits for example.

42 minutes ago, kevin liu said:

Hey, Sam.

I love what you have done with the update 0.4! When is the actual 0.4 release date, do you know?

When 0.3 was in development people asked that very same question so many times. So I bought this shirt. 

1.png.283c75e25b460bee970f9939baa72dd9.png2.png.0e6b56ea4d65de7e5658e6504eb9f440.png

That is pretty much the answer we got when we kept asking about a release date. 

Edited by Kal74

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, HolyOrangeJuice said:

LSPDFR is no fun because it takes a ton of mods to make it fun. Maintaining them through updates is rough. There are a lot of programs and helpers from the community that lessen the pain but it is still monumental to setup for some. I'm all for more included features into LSDPFR so there are less mods needed.

Hello all first post here. I usually make long winded posts about stuff that just blows me away and that I take extreme interest in. Especially working with things offered by a modding community like this or such as NR2003 by Papyrus. (If you know what that is, then you know what I mean.) As I fell deeper down the rabbit hole with all of this stuff it is just incredible to see the effort put into LSPDFR by the community, along with the mods/plugins/scripts what have you to go along with it. To say the least this all was VERY VERY intimidating but before I knew it I added my first ELS car and I am now very familiar with the tools needed to work with it. GTA V was $40 on Amazon for the hard copy but the amount of work done here to turn this thing inside out is priceless!

With that said, I actually don't mind installing and testing different stuff to customize our own setup of LSPDFR. I did it with NR2003 as well. On the other hand I do wish things were a bit more in order or cleaned up around here and at other sites (GTA 5 Mods.com). There are TONS of add-ons for this mod and it is beyond time consuming trying everything out with sometimes multiple takes on a type of add-on, out dated or hardly used/updated add-ons etc. I do realize that you can filter the results and see which ones are the most popular and working the best with the least crashes but man... what a world this is with all this stuff. I think better care and attention needs to be taken to limit the amount of stuff that is allowed to be posted. Some mods don't come with INI's or very short details on how to use the stuff. It would be nice if submitting a mod came with strict INI rules. Some of you guys take so much time and pride to create it and then get extremely sloppy with the INI's.

Great to see that the mod is still continuing to get support in the background and seemingly updates as well. I hope it stays around for a long time and I can't wait to see how it can further improve!

Thank you to ALL of you!

Wannabe Officer In Training With LSPDFR!

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, BeastyBill88 said:

This is great news! Glad that you're still developing LSPDFR. Please tell me you'll be fixing several of the annoying bugs in 0.3 such as the U-turning traffic on freeways, the AI arrest bug (where if the AI arrests someone and you walk away you get units turning up on scene for the suspect and then they just abandon their cars) and the stopping/arresting civ bug (where it glitches out and you can no longer stop or arrest someone without aiming a gun at them). Also the use of character customization built into LSPDFR is great! Especially as some people have problems getting EUP working for them. So hats off you guys! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for this update.

I'm not sure if it's because of the files I have installed but I too have to find a workaround to be able to "stop" someone. What I've found is I have to walk away a certain distance and come back to the ped I'm wanting to stop and question. Then the ability to press E and stop them comes back. Even though there is no conflicts, adding all these files really messes with LSPDFR.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, RyWilson said:

i definitely like the idea. new players who want uniforms will finally be able to get them without having to worry about installing EUP and complicating their game. as a streamer, i realize we are goin to be using LSPDFR for at least the next  five years..maybe longer..until the next GTA release..which may never come..so these updates will definitely be moral boosters for us that LSPDFR will indeed be kept fresh  and gives us new things to talk about while we showcase the mod :D

EUP is actually very easy to install and use. I was EXTREMELY terrified of "working with the tool' needed to do all this but it really is very simple as drag/drop/replace. But remember to use a mods folder so you can quickly "start over". I'm not sure what's not allowed to be discussed or names that can't be mentioned so I'm keeping it toned down.

Edited by MercilessJester

11 minutes ago, MercilessJester said:

With that said, I actually don't mind installing and testing different stuff to customize our own setup of LSPDFR. I did it with NR2003 as well. On the other hand I do wish things were a bit more in order or cleaned up around here and at other sites (GTA 5 Mods.com). There are TONS of add-ons for this mod and it is beyond time consuming trying everything out with sometimes multiple takes on a type of add-on, out dated or hardly used/updated add-ons etc. I do realize that you can filter the results and see which ones are the most popular and working the best with the least crashes but man... what a world this is with all this stuff. I think better care and attention needs to be taken to limit the amount of stuff that is allowed to be posted. Some mods don't come with INI's or very short details on how to use the stuff. It would be nice if submitting a mod came with strict INI rules. Some of you guys take so much time and pride to create it and then get extremely sloppy with the INI's.

Great to see that the mod is still continuing to get support in the background and seemingly updates as well. I hope it stays around for a long time and I can't wait to see how it can further improve!

Thank you to ALL of you!

Hi MercilessJester.

We have tried to make navigating the mods section easier and convenient, but there's only so much we can do.  We also have to take into account the design.  If we start dividing the mods based on a specific category, say scripts have their own category and LSPDFR plugins have their own, the design of the page may break, or be forced to look unattractive.

5JmTMIeKThamWrdHw87SuA.png

Imagine how much wider the page would have to be for more categories, or even a second row, if possible.

Ultimately, we have tried to make the filter as helpful as possible.  You already can choose between callouts, standalone plugin, and LSPDFR plugin.  See here

gMJNrCL1SHWLmSKGeqJNdw.png

Regarding the INI rules, I would be very surprised if this happened.  That would just be so much more work on us (staff) if we started trying to enforce "INI's must have this and this".  It is unfortunate that some INIs don't match the quality of the mod itself, but that comes down to the mod author.  As poor as it may be, it's their decision how their INI looks, we can't micro manage their mods.

I'm not sure if it's because of the files I have installed but I too have to find a workaround to be able to "stop" someone. What I've found is I have to walk away a certain distance and come back to the ped I'm wanting to stop and question. Then the ability to press E and stop them comes back. Even though there is no conflicts, adding all these files really messes with LSPDFR

An alternative to this bug, which I know isn't ideal, is stopping them at gun point.  It always works, even if the normal stop doesn't.

2 minutes ago, MercilessJester said:

I'm not sure if it's because of the files I have installed but I too have to find a workaround to be able to "stop" someone. What I've found is I have to walk away a certain distance and come back to the ped I'm wanting to stop and question. Then the ability to press E and stop them comes back. Even though there is no conflicts, adding all these files really messes with LSPDFR.

EUP is actually very easy to install and use. I was EXTREMELY terrified of "working with the tool' needed to do all this but it really is very simple as drag/drop/replace. But remember to use a mods folder so you can quickly "start over". I'm not sure what's not allowed to be discussed or names that can't be mentioned so I'm keeping it toned down.

well i agree that for seasoned players it is extremely easy for me to use..but for someone who just downloaded lspdfr and wants a different looking character, they are immediately forced to look elsewhere..without necessarily knowing anything about how to install even the simplest things :P so this will be one more thing that they dont have to go digging for. because in the end what would be ideal is to throw LSPDFR inside your game and play. i would like to even see their current calls expanded to include more than just the few. more calls included can mean less scripts needed. i think the more inclusive the mod becomes, the longer people will be around. having been on the forum for several years now, i've seen people give up on day one and never come back. i am hoping these type of updates will minimize that in the future.

Wanna Roleplay with Me? Join me at kuffsgaming.com and we'll see ya there 😄

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERtCZWZE_HMciyLYJ2nYTg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rywilsongaming/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jg45042

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rywilson513/

1 hour ago, Kallus said:

Hi MercilessJester.

We have tried to make navigating the mods section easier and convenient, but there's only so much we can do.  We also have to take into account the design.  If we start dividing the mods based on a specific category, say scripts have their own category and LSPDFR plugins have their own, the design of the page may break, or be forced to look unattractive.

5JmTMIeKThamWrdHw87SuA.png

Imagine how much wider the page would have to be for more categories, or even a second row, if possible.

Ultimately, we have tried to make the filter as helpful as possible.  You already can choose between callouts, standalone plugin, and LSPDFR plugin.  See here

gMJNrCL1SHWLmSKGeqJNdw.png

Regarding the INI rules, I would be very surprised if this happened.  That would just be so much more work on us (staff) if we started trying to enforce "INI's must have this and this".  It is unfortunate that some INIs don't match the quality of the mod itself, but that comes down to the mod author.  As poor as it may be, it's their decision how their INI looks, we can't micro manage their mods.

An alternative to this bug, which I know isn't ideal, is stopping them at gun point.  It always works, even if the normal stop doesn't.

Sorry what I meant by "cleaning up" is not having or allowing so many mods to be submitted that aren't worthy ( I say that with as much respect as possible) so that there is less "clutter" in a way. The sorting works very well, it's just that there is so much to choose from it's overwhelming and certainly is for first timers. I wish there was a best of the best section for xCar Model, or xUniform or xwhat have you. And then the rest can have their own section if people choose to download and try them. Not trying to bash peoples efforts AT ALL or tell you guys how to run your website. Please don't take it that way. You do sort of have that in a way, which is the essential mods section.

And yes I hear you about the INI's.  The reason I bring that up is because in order to submit a mod on a website called Blackhole Motorsports (long gone) you had to have your README'S in order or else you couldn't submit it or in the least it would be deleted until it was properly edited. That's ok, for the most part they are quite easy to follow, once you get used to the frequent "paths" needed to install cars, textures etc.

And thank you for the info about being able to stop a suspect or ped in question.

Edited by MercilessJester

3 minutes ago, MercilessJester said:

Sorry what I meant by "cleaning up" is not having or allowing so many mods to be submitted that aren't worthy ( I say that with as much respect as possible) so that there is less "clutter" in a way. The sorting works very well, it's just that there is so much to choose from it's overwhelming and certainly is for first timers. I wish there was a best of the best section for xCar Model, or xUniform or xwhat have you. And then the rest can have their own section if people choose to download and try them. Not trying to bash peoples efforts AT ALL or tell you guys how to run your website. Please don't take it that way. You do sort of have that in a way, which is the essential mods section.

And yes I hear you about the INI's.  The reason I bring that up is because in order to submit a mod on a website called Blackhole Motorsports (long gone) you had to have your INI's in order or else you couldn't submit it or in the least it would be deleted until it was properly edited. That's ok, for the most part they are quite easy to follow, once you get used to the frequent "paths" needed to install cars, textures etc.

And thank you for the info about being able to stop a suspect or ped in question.

I completely understand where you're coming from on this.  The thing is, though, if we restricted uploaded mods to just good quality ones, we'd rarely have any new submissions.  A huge part of communities like LCPDFR is to help people who are interested in development get the tools and understanding they need to start.  These folks also need to be able to get proper testing of their mods, and the best way to do that is utilizing the community.  Let them download your stuff and give feedback.  I'm sure it has been mentioned internally before about making a list of top quality mods, or must have mods.  As you mentioned, we did come out with essential mods, and that's all we're willing to do.  We don't play favorites in terms of mods that are showcased, or mods that are essential, but we don't want users to try and claim that if their mod isn't featured or recommended as a must-have. The current essential mods are just that, essential and ones that significantly enhance the gameplay.

If an INI is difficult or not properly made, you can always include that in your file review rating and file review.  For the most part, I haven't seen an INI that was beyond hideous and hard to use. 

You're welcome. :)

I check the latest mods out every day and some how didn't see this announcement. Could you consider adding it as a global announcement so everybody becomes aware of this? I'm so excited to see what 0.4 will bring! 

43 minutes ago, Bluffer said:

I check the latest mods out every day and some how didn't see this announcement. Could you consider adding it as a global announcement so everybody becomes aware of this? I'm so excited to see what 0.4 will bring! 

It's literally the only announcement on the "news" page of this website. Not hard to miss.

1 minute ago, amur19 said:

Will you be fixing the Bug that does so that you can't stop peds and have to resort to gunpoint arrests

you can spam your e key about five times and it will start again