LSPDFR 0.4 - Announcement + First Preview

Sam

2 hours ago, OfficerGlock said:

Can we finally have an integrated partner system like that of LCPDFR? Maybe with some competent AI, and a partner with a remote brain wave that would at least have him in a coma but still enough to be considered, "Alive"?

Along with this, maybe a better Pursuit AI? 

HOLY SHIT!!

Glad to see you guys are still alive gotta say I have gotten pretty pessimistic over the years after not hearing anything. I have been following this mod all the way back since LCPDFR so it's absolutely fantastic to see you guys are still hard at work wit this project. I am highly looking forward to future updates. Keep doing a great job!

Edited by boxvader

I may be totally off. It's a shot in the dark but the last photo of three officers looking like theyre doing an area check together with flashlights...... is this maybe some type of cover/ back up that will stay on scene with you?🤔

So so excited to see more. Thank you guys!!!

47 minutes ago, HolyOrangeJuice said:

LSPDFR is no fun because it takes a ton of mods to make it fun. Maintaining them through updates is rough. There are a lot of programs and helpers from the community that lessen the pain but it is still monumental to setup for some. I'm all for more included features into LSDPFR so there are less mods needed.

LSPDFR is no fun because it takes a ton of mods to make it fun. Maintaining them through updates is rough. There are a lot of programs and helpers from the community that lessen the pain but it is still monumental to setup for some. I'm all for more included features into LSDPFR so there are less mods needed.

I get what you're saying, but I'm positive we will never get to a point where LSPDFR has everything and there's no need for people to make LSPDFR mods. LSPDFR is an amazing mod by itself, but it also thrives off of the community and those that create the mods for it.  Trying to add all the functionality of all the other mods to LSPDFR would be far too much work for just our team to maintain and might create an impossible scenario. Not to mention what would be the point of anyone making mods if we just took the features their mods offered and made them all available with LSPDFR? It's beneficial to everyone to have all these extra, optional plugins.  There are plenty of people who play barebones LSPDFR and don't want to dive into any other mods.

Something else to consider, look at all the plugins we have now, and how many INIs we have.  Imagine how worse it could be if you'd try jamming every single option in each INI to just the one LSPDFR configuration file.

I need donations to help fund my food addiction. DM for details 😂

15 minutes ago, Lop said:

I'm going to assume that this character creator removes the need for EUP?

All looks great thus far! I'm sure the two years wait will be absolutely worth it!

Sam said EUP is gonna be compatible with 0.4, so it will probably depend on the person's preference.

Twitch streamer at Twitch, the world's leading video platform and community for gamers. https://www.twitch.tv/xandervixon

fac43fbcde9e48b8c6322839130e39ec--deus-e

wauw! im glad to see the part of creating new things in LSPDFR is still alive.

I still hope for the mod to be without things like RPH and things like mods that req. user to be online.

I also hope they bring real Detectives into the LSPDFR and not just the IA :D

Also, about this character creator, will you guys please allow people to make presets for characters?  So people can share their character creations :)

Forgot the most important part.

Thanks for the information Sam :)

Edited by Qanpicho

This is great news! Glad that you're still developing LSPDFR. Please tell me you'll be fixing several of the annoying bugs in 0.3 such as the U-turning traffic on freeways, the AI arrest bug (where if the AI arrests someone and you walk away you get units turning up on scene for the suspect and then they just abandon their cars) and the stopping/arresting civ bug (where it glitches out and you can no longer stop or arrest someone without aiming a gun at them). Also the use of character customization built into LSPDFR is great! Especially as some people have problems getting EUP working for them. So hats off you guys! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for this update.

2 hours ago, angry911dispatcher said:

for some reason.. I'm wishing for LSPD:FR MP but i know that wont happen I'm going to remain optimistic and hope this happens soon. but this sneak peek made me moist down there.. and i haven't felt that in a while. :ninja:

I feel it will happen eventually you just got to give it time. It took a bit of time with LCPDFR but you got to remember there not a huge team, they are big but not huge its gonna take them a bit. Remember LCPDFR went up to update like 1.x we are only on update 0.4 with LSPDFR so still remain optimistic about there being LSPDFR MP like the LCPDFR days! I know I still do!

- urbea87

17 minutes ago, Slushy said:

What would you like to see? (Not a DEV or anything, just wondering :P)

For example the good old ANPR or that the cops are using more often their voices. Not just when you stop or arrest somebody... But these are just little things....