Albo1125

[WIP][REL] Siren Mastery - Fully control your siren tones!

Looks great, especially the system to disconnect sirens from vehicle sound sets, which is annoying if, say, you have a non-Buffalo or Granger vehicle you'd like to use the FBI siren with, and so forth.

Doubtful that it's the purpose of this, but a mod that changes sounds like such, applies to both player and AI vehicles, and doesn't rely on LSPDFR would be great to have for general use.

13 hours ago, Illusionyary said:

RIP ELS.

Aww. You are going to make Lt. Caine cry now. :(

9 hours ago, coastiestevie said:

No more of that glitchy driver door either!

It depends on how its coded. The Flappy Door 'bug' was not and is not a problem with V8.0 onwards.

:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, PhillBellic said:

It depends on how its coded. The Flappy Door 'bug' was not and is not a problem with V8.0 onwards.

Yes that is correct they finally were able to fix it

7 hours ago, jacko999 said:

Loving the look of this ! , 

I do however have a question, will you be able to keep the siren active when exiting from the vehicle like in pursuits when going on foot etc.? 

Oh yes, that would make it a lot more realistic!

28 minutes ago, PhillBellic said:

Lt.Caines on vacation, as @GravelRoadCop said, anyway this may be the future of ELS as it might simplify making ELS and we might be looking forward to a release date :)

Edited by Officer27

Hey Albo, the new script is looking great! I was wondering if there was something you could help me with regarding keys. I have a Razer Blackwidow keyboard, which has M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5 'macro' keys. razer-blackwidow-stealth-usp-3.png(seen here on the far left)

Is there a way I can get Windows to recognize these in like, an .ini file? They would be great to use for siren control. Thanks!

Just now, forsakenbacon17 said:

Hey Albo, the new script is looking great! I was wondering if there was something you could help me with regarding keys. I have a Razer Blackwidow keyboard, which has M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5 'macro' keys. razer-blackwidow-stealth-usp-3.png(seen here on the far left)

Is there a way I can get Windows to recognize these in like, an .ini file? They would be great to use for siren control. Thanks!

I have a Logitech G510s and there's a way through the Logitech Software to bind the Macro Keys to various .ini commands. That's how I operate ELS in IV.

2 minutes ago, PhillBellic said:

I have a Logitech G510s and there's a way through the Logitech Software to bind the Macro Keys to various .ini commands. That's how I operate ELS in IV.

Hm, maybe I can do it through Razer's software. Thanks for the tip!

Albo would it be possible to make a separate audio folder in the gta v directory so the script uses that instead of the default? since the default source folder has limited space so we can't use every siren we want, the gta v fire truck uses the generic truck sound as a horn, I would love to use a Q2B horn, like in this video :)

Like we could download the siren mods we want and put them inside the source folder and name them for example FIRE_HORN and in the .ini we could assign the firetruck horn to FIRE_HORN so it would use that as a source for the horn sound.

@Officer27 @PhillBellic @GravelRoadCop @thegreathah

I can now confirm that the siren sounds that will be used are to be taken from an external folder. SirenControl integrates well with OpenIV's 'Export to WAVE (,wav)' option - setup can be completed in a small number of clicks.

That doesn't mean there's no room for customisation. You can have an additional folder with custom siren sounds that will be used, as well as an XML file to assign specific sirens to a vehicle (Check earlier posts/main post spoiler).

This also means that player sirens' size limits have effectively been removed.

AI vehicles will use the sirens that are installed in the normal RESIDENT.rpf.

I hope that answers your questions.

On a side note, I'd say you can expect a release by the end of the week, if not earlier.

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

No textface can describe how I feel right now. :D
What if we have multiple primary sirens, as shown in the xml screenshot?
And will it take the in-game and windows sound settings into account? I've had some issues with audio playing from external files (pretty much all LSPDFR+plugins audio) because my Razer headset could blast my whole room away. It took some time to configure it so it doesn't hurt my ears. Still, new applications start on 100% volume = rip.

Logging in...

Launching game...

Error launching game: Cannot load while loading. Please log out and retry.

Logging out...

Error logging out. You are not logged in. You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out.

On 8/16/2016 at 0:39 PM, TheUniT said:

No textface can describe how I feel right now. :D
What if we have multiple primary sirens, as shown in the xml screenshot?
And will it take the in-game and windows sound settings into account? I've had some issues with audio playing from external files (pretty much all LSPDFR+plugins audio) because my Razer headset could blast my whole room away. It took some time to configure it so it doesn't hurt my ears. Still, new applications start on 100% volume = rip.

Hmm, that shouldn't be an issue with this :smile:

Early version access is now open

(Hopefully) expect a full release in the very near future :smile:

I can also now confirm Siren Switch Honker is now integrated into this plugin, meaning you can get customised siren switching tones.

Siren Switch Honker will also remain a separate plugin for those that prefer to use it standalone.

If you're interested in SirenControl's multi siren support, British sirens support or simply a first impression, check out GeekAwesomized's video! :smile:

snip

Edited by Albo1125

24 minutes ago, Niedosik said:

ummm 

?

That is unrelated.

Mine'll release shortly :smile:

Download:

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

For some reason after loading this plugin and when I try to get into a police car the game crashes and RPH says that the crash is caused by this plugin. I tried your troubleshooter and it says all is good. Attached is my log file. Thanks

RagePluginHook.log

On 8/17/2016 at 3:21 AM, 5Rya said:

For some reason after loading this plugin and when I try to get into a police car the game crashes and RPH says that the crash is caused by this plugin. I tried your troubleshooter and it says all is good. Attached is my log file. Thanks

RagePluginHook.log

Unfortunately this may be an issue with RPH loading assemblies differently for you - it also happens to people with SlimDX.

I recommend heading over to their Discord/Forum (www.ragepluginhook.net) and posting a message for support.

Regards.

1.1.0.0 (17-08-16)

• NEW: Manual Siren functionality.
  • NEW: Dual Sirens functionality.
  • Split SirenMastery.ini into 3 separate INI files (General, Keyboard, Controller). These are now located in the Plugins/SirenMastery/Config folder.
    • The old INI file is no longer used.
    • You should be able to copy over the settings that you edited from the old INI into the new ones if you wish to do so.
  • Siren Silent Toggle now works even if the siren is off.
    • This allows you to set if the siren should be audible before activating your lights.
  • Added functionality to make sirens play from the beginning upon activation.
    • This can be disabled in the General INI file.
  • Added Force Siren buttons for controller (default is None).
  • Added Toggle Horn buttons for controller (default is None).
  • You can now specify multiple vehicle models per vehicle siren setup.
  • Improved key responsiveness and general performance.
  • Multiple minor bugfixes and improvements.
  • Added additional checks upon startup to prevent crashes caused by installation errors.
  • Updated Documentation, added VehicleSirenSetup examples and created a tutorial installation
  • Groundwork laid out for the UI - this will be fully added soon!
Edited by Albo1125