Albo1125

[WIP][REL] Siren Mastery - Fully control your siren tones!

Albo,

Came into a bit of a bug I think. I recently purchased a Logitech G430 headset and it loads its own USB audio drivers. The sound on the headset works just fine in the OS and in games. I noticed that after I started using it, SirenMastery would crash immediately upon entering a car. To test my theory, I unplugged the headset, tried GTA5 again and no crash on SirenMastery. Plugged the headset back in, tried GTA5, spawned a car, entered car, crash.

Attached is the last log in which I believe it shows the crash. 

RagePluginHook_25122016_014857.log

10 hours ago, dizza said:

Albo,

Came into a bit of a bug I think. I recently purchased a Logitech G430 headset and it loads its own USB audio drivers. The sound on the headset works just fine in the OS and in games. I noticed that after I started using it, SirenMastery would crash immediately upon entering a car. To test my theory, I unplugged the headset, tried GTA5 again and no crash on SirenMastery. Plugged the headset back in, tried GTA5, spawned a car, entered car, crash.

Attached is the last log in which I believe it shows the crash. 

RagePluginHook_25122016_014857.log

Looks like the NAudio library doesn't support your drivers, unfortunately I can't do anything about this. Submit a bug report to NAudio and they might fix it. Regs.

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

13 hours ago, Albo1125 said:

Looks like the NAudio library doesn't support your drivers, unfortunately I can't do anything about this. Submit a bug report to NAudio and they might fix it. Regs.

Well bummer. This is an awesome headset and I'm torn now on keeping it or SirenMaster :) 

On 12/25/2016 at 4:40 AM, Albo1125 said:

Albo, 

I contacted the NAudio people and they said that without seeing the actual code, they think the mod is likely "be that they are trying to initialize the soundcard with an unsupported WaveFormat." 

12 hours ago, dizza said:

Albo, 

I contacted the NAudio people and they said that without seeing the actual code, they think the mod is likely "be that they are trying to initialize the soundcard with an unsupported WaveFormat." 

Yea, it may not be supported by your headset. The fact that it works without issues when you unplug your headset shows that either you headset audio driver could be faulty or that NAudio has a bug with it - unfortunately I can't do much about it as I just call the standard initialization function (trying both the 32 and 16 bit options). Hope that helps. Cheers.

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

I'm getting an error while loading the plugin inside the game ( using F4 - ragehook console - "loadplugin").

It tries to load siren mastery, but then it fails.

I've already removed and did a fresh plugin install, but I'm still getting the same error, over and over.

I'm getting this message:

ERROR: Could not load plugin from "C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\Plugins\SirenMastery.dll" The Specified path is not a valid CLR assembly.

Parameter Name ( something like that, it's in portuguese to me) : assemblyPath

How can I fix this? How do I generate an crash report from this to post here?

I'm using the most recent albo1125.Common ( from assorted callouts).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by riquebr

Hello,

First off, great mod... Works VERY WELL.

I've got one suggestion: allow multiple manual siren tones. For instance when I am running wail I temporarily switch to priority when the traffic is heavy, and when running yelp or priority I sometimes switch to back to wail momentarily. Just like in real world officers switch their siren tones all the time... It's easier to do using the manual siren feature (played when a button is pressed) than "manually" switch tones using 1,2,3 etc.

Also it'd be great if we can configure whether the main siren is interrupted when the manual siren is played for each manual siren tone.

Thanks!

Edited by Renfei

Hey Albo,

Couple quick questions:

1) Is there any way to disable the blip siren from sounding? If I am in ELS light stage 1 or 2 and hit the manual siren key all that activates is the blip siren rather than the tone I specified in the .ini. It works fine with no lights activated as well as light stage 3.

2) Are AI units able to use custom siren tones? I just started playing around with vehicle siren setups for my police# and sheriff# units but can't seem to get the AI to run hot with sirens in-game.

Thank you for all your awesome work!

On 7/19/2017 at 9:16 AM, JazzBlackBelt said:

Hey Albo,

Couple quick questions:

1) Is there any way to disable the blip siren from sounding? If I am in ELS light stage 1 or 2 and hit the manual siren key all that activates is the blip siren rather than the tone I specified in the .ini. It works fine with no lights activated as well as light stage 3.

2) Are AI units able to use custom siren tones? I just started playing around with vehicle siren setups for my police# and sheriff# units but can't seem to get the AI to run hot with sirens in-game.

Thank you for all your awesome work!

to get the ai to use them you have to install the desired siren sounds to vehicles.awc in mods/x64/audio/sfx/resident.rpf. If you want a tutorial on how to do this just PM me and i'll be happy to either run it through with you over text or help via teamviewer.

Remember: Always use a mods folder!

Hope I'm doing this in the right place.

I added some new vehicles, and then SM stopped working on some of the cars, so I went back and deleted the cars and added the non-modded version from my clean GTA install. I re-installed SM. Now all the cars work, but SM only shows up on some of the cars. Don't know how to fix this, any tips?

Hi there,
I just installed / configured SM. As I'm using also ELS and had to disable the sounds in the VCF's (as stated in the documentation), the AI drivers don't have any siren sounds. Would it be possible to add a feature to let AI drivers use their sirens as configured in the xml?
(Or is there already something like that and I could not find that?)

On 9/10/2017 at 5:37 AM, Zuluplay said:

Hi there,
I just installed / configured SM. As I'm using also ELS and had to disable the sounds in the VCF's (as stated in the documentation), the AI drivers don't have any siren sounds. Would it be possible to add a feature to let AI drivers use their sirens as configured in the xml?
(Or is there already something like that and I could not find that?)

This is a common problem. ELS and SM has conflicts it seems. I use ELS for the lighting and SM for the mass amounts of sirens I can have and the ability to have different tones for different vehicle models.

Unless Albo found a fix for ELS + SM resulting in no AI sirens, the common suggestion is use one or the other. Unfortunate but that's the way it is.

2 hours ago, Hashbrown said:

This is a common problem. ELS and SM has conflicts it seems. I use ELS for the lighting and SM for the mass amounts of sirens I can have and the ability to have different tones for different vehicle models.

Unless Albo found a fix for ELS + SM resulting in no AI sirens, the common suggestion is use one or the other. Unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Hi. I just want to add that I’m using ELS+SM because I like the agencies to have different sirens. And I have not disabled the sounds in their vcf-files. I’d like to call @GunnDawg to the stand. He can explain it much better :)

5 hours ago, GunnDawg said:

Indeed. I simply just disabled the controls in ELS for siren use by setting their keys to 0. Now the keys won't conflict with SM and the A.I. still uses their siren.

Didn't think about doing that. Thank you!

On 30.1.2018 at 8:46 PM, GunnDawg said:

Indeed. I simply just disabled the controls in ELS for siren use by setting their keys to 0. Now the keys won't conflict with SM and the A.I. still uses their siren.

Thanks for the information. I'll try this with LSPDFR 0.4 (when I rework my installation) :smile: