zoogenhiemer

[WIP] 2012 Ford Police Interceptor Utility

This is my WIP thread for the 2012 FPIU.  This is not a conversion from the GTAIV version.... I am starting from the base the 2012 NFS model, and building it up from there.  I plan on making a custom detailed interior for 1st person mode.  I will release it when its ready.  

I currently modifying and modeling in details to the exterior. Adding doors that can be opened, etc.

K2DVIiR

Looking forward to the release!

"Please, put it in park, will ya?" "LSPD, see the lights, pullover." "Stop the vehicle, we need to have a little chat!" "Get in the car and keep your mouth shut." "You have the right to absolutely nothing." "The damn gun is jammed!"

Please don't be one of those guys who will hold this model hostage, but gives it to close friends where they then will take pics of it and show off on the forum. This looks like good work to me and it'd be awesome if we can drive it.

Just a suggestion for when you further along this project. I would map it to bxbugs's/policefanatic's FPIU template so people can use existing skins and not have to deal with another template. Good luck sir

YouTube:Black Jesus                                                   

Just a suggestion for when you further along this project. I would map it to bxbugs's/policefanatic's FPIU template so people can use existing skins and not have to deal with another template.

Good suggestion, can you point me to that template?  If it has enough coverage... i'll use it.  I was planning on unwrapping everything, i want you guys to be able to paint every square inch of the exterior...just in case you want to do a D.A.R.E. wrap or something. ;)

Please don't be one of those guys who will hold this model hostage, but gives it to close friends where they then will take pics of it and show off on the forum. This looks like good work to me and it'd be awesome if we can drive it.

don't worry, i have no friends ;) so i'll definitely release it.

Any updates zoogenhiemer? 

it's still moving, slowly but surely.  I now have a "driveable" model in game with full collision, which took me a while, but i finally got it all working.  Now to get the lights going, material, etc.  I'll post some pics once i get it looking pretty.

I love you...

don't worry, i have no friends ;) so i'll definitely release it.

Ill be your friend LOL

Dooya want me to make a skin for release( I mean the skin that comes with the model stock)? Because I would love to make a skin for this.

I've had a few people ask me that via PM....i'll send out the template to those who are interested as soon as I have it ready.  That way, we can have a bunch of skins ready when it's released.

Working on new light bar for the FPIU: wheelen Liberty II with clear lenses.  Modeling just about done, on to textures next.

2015-09-30_0835.png

Good question!  Currently I am replacing sherrif2, but this utility is a good bit smaller the Granger. especially wheel base, wieght, etc.  But it too big for Police3.  I was thinking of using police4 (The undercover stainer).  But, as Mercuri said,  maybe it's own handling would be more appropriate.  Will have to do some research on that.

Tonight's modeling effort....the interior dash shell.  The console, radio, laptop, and vents are next.

KE7sDEE.png

Thanks for the response, I agree that right now sheriff 2 is the most fit, it's unfortunate that Rockstar didn't give us a great spot for such an awesome vehicle.

Looks like it is coming along. Hope to see some in-game screenshots soon :)