OfficerCam

Do you remember the first time you've drove a car?

So i just turned 16 2 weeks ago and i have my permit, I'm gonna drive for the time, I wanna know your experiences with driving, good or bad. Also, Do you remember the first time you drove?

Yes, it was a horrible Soviet car, in which I was taught to cross a river. After we succeeded, I tried to open the trunk but bent the key to it and was scolded by the car's owner. It was like 12 years ago. God I'm so old. 

Yep, I Drove a dodge challenger recently. (Really fast lol)

Warning: Cars are nothing like they are in video games. The pedals are really sensitive for most cars.. So, you gotta like barely touch them lol, Where as in most games ya just smash them down lol

I've never had any bad experiences with driving. But, it is quite fun when you're new to it :)

Have fun, Drive safe.

What they don't teach you in driving school: Pulling your big toe up off the pedal can make a 5 MPH difference. 5 MPH can be the difference between speed limit and speeding ticket. (Context: Around here cops won't pull you over unless you're doing more than either 10% or 5MPH over the speed limit, whichever is larger.

gATXSNG.png

If you are replying to something I have posted, you may wish to quote me for faster response times.
My personal inbox is not the support forum. I don't mind helping  you with your issues, but you are responsible for your research.  I am not a page in a manual, Google, or the forum search function - look through all three before asking.
A link to a handy how-to guide for getting useful solutions to your problems, and useful answers to your questions. A lot of it may seem irrelevant, but it outlines some great practices to use when seeking answers or solutions.

What they don't teach you in driving school: Pulling your big toe up off the pedal can make a 5 MPH difference. 5 MPH can be the difference between speed limit and speeding ticket. (Context: Around here cops won't pull you over unless you're doing more than either 10% or 5MPH over the speed limit, whichever is larger.

I thought it was 10 mph over where they actually care

I thought it was 10 mph over where they actually care

Depends on the town. Beaumont you can generally get away with 10%/5 over, but God forbid you do one over in Lumberton.

gATXSNG.png

If you are replying to something I have posted, you may wish to quote me for faster response times.
My personal inbox is not the support forum. I don't mind helping  you with your issues, but you are responsible for your research.  I am not a page in a manual, Google, or the forum search function - look through all three before asking.
A link to a handy how-to guide for getting useful solutions to your problems, and useful answers to your questions. A lot of it may seem irrelevant, but it outlines some great practices to use when seeking answers or solutions.

Cars are overrated and they kinda suck tbh. But not as much as the first time I rode a bike.

The first time I finally got a grasp on riding my bike, I took off down the road. It was incredible. Then I slammed into a parked car and my body went forward while the bike stood still, my scrotum slammed right into the bar that holds the bike up. Damn thing.

irczMxV.png

Anyways, I got off easy. I only bruised my scrotum. It got me out of school actually, so I think it was well worth it. Sadly, my kids are probably going to have massive dents in their heads...

Edited by DisharmoniousUnmutual

I do remember my first time driving with my instructor, in order to get my permit. It was a Hyundai Elantra, and boy did I not like that car!  :tongue:

The windshield design made it incredibly hard to see, and the car had a sticky brake issue, due to how it was maintained.

Driving is literally like riding a bike though. Once you get used to the feel for it, it comes easily!

I've never had any bad experiences, such as accidents [a cyborg never does :ph34r: ], but I've dealt with my share of poor drivers who cut me off, flash their hi-beams, and tailgate.

In order to be a good driver, you need to be a defensive driver, a calm driver, but also an aggressive driver when you need to be. Of course, don't road rage, that's not what I mean.

What I would suggest for all new drivers is to start out with an older car, from the 80s or the 90s. These cars don't have ridiculous electronics, like all cars have today, and they have real, physical connections between the pedal to the throttle, the shifter to the transmission, etc.

These cars will truly teach you how to drive, and how to appreciate driving. Checking your blind spots when switching lanes and turning around when you backup are a must! I can't tell you how many times I've felt like I was going to die when I was in a car where the driver didn't turn around when he backed up, or check any of his blind spots. He literally was always facing forward with both arms on the wheel.  :excl:

I remember my first time driving...with friends on back streets when I was young.

As said above, watch your speed. Especially if you're in california. I owe the state 300 bucks for doing a bit over on a toll road. thanks ChiPs (assholes of the state)

Edited by Pengi

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/hENU8n2.gif[/img][/center]
[center][b][url="http://www.twitch.tv/pengi33"][color=#800080]Twitch [/color][/url]|[url="https://twitter.com/Pengi33"][color=#40e0d0]Twitter [/color][/url]| [url="http://brokedoggaming.com/"][color=#008000]BrokeDogGaming[/color][/url] | [url="http://lcpdmods.com/"][color=#0000cd]LCPD[/color][color=#b22222]MODS[/color][/url][/b][/center]

When I lost my virginity I did a Ford Explorer. :thumbsup:

The best part of driving is accelerating. One time I was driving home and paid the bridge toll and I booked out of there like a bat out of hell.

Just watch your speed some cars accelerate faster than others.

Edited by Andrew L

''A quiet man, is a thinking man. A quiet woman, is usually mad.''

TateDecleatsLee.gif

me was a grand marquee the newish ones and well I made the v8 roar and the body almost hit the ground  as the suspension is as soft as mud xD did not realize pedals were so sensitive, but overall it was a fun first time xP almost 5 years ago o.o

[color=#ff00ff]"Kiss Kiss Kiss Just gonna give your bumper a little smooch"  Bash guards were made for use :D[/color]

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/crimestats/user/58156/sig.jpg[/img]

I have no idea. That would have been either 2012 or 2013. I don't really have any good or bad stories, aside from getting pulled over once which sucked, as cost me $70. 

Yup sure do.  I was almost 5 years old and it was one of the old huge ford station wagons my dad always bought because we would always go on road trips.  We lived in Ashland Ohio at the time and my mom was doing her usual thing, which was traveling the countryside looking at the Amish homes and talking with the families.  As we were going down this one road I kept bugging my mom to let me drive and my one sister, seven years older than me, was bitching not to let me because she never got to drive.  My mom finally stopped the car and let my sister drive a small ways then it was my turn.

I remember sitting on my mom's lap as she controlled the gas and break but I was in full control of the steering.  She didn't go too fast maybe around 5-10 mph but I remember feeling the woosieness  in my stomach as we traveled along those roads.  She taught me how to keep the car straight by keeping the front middle of the hood lined up with the side of the road.  As a matter of fact I still use that to this day in heavy rain, fog and snow to stay on the road properly and it has always helped me keep confident in very bad conditions.  It gives you plenty of clearance on both sides ( tip for those that can use it ).

As the years went on and way before I turned 16 my mom showed me many things about driving.  She taught me how to control a skid, how to scan the road for possible issues, how to always be prepared, how to powerslide ( people call this drifting today for some reason ), how to always be aware of how other people are driving, how to do a "rockford" which is driving in reverse and swinging the car around and go forward in one continuous motion, more commonly called a J-turn and so much more.

It was because of her that I impressed my driving instructor so much that he fibbed the books and only had me drive one time.  He was especially impressed with my reverse driving, how much control I had of the vehicle and confidence I had in my driving.

I've got so many stories that I could tell you about my times with my mom that it could almost be a book.  So many great memories and all of it kept from my dad lol.  She would always say, "now don't tell your father" and I never did.  God I love that woman and I miss her dearly.

Edited by Gerhart67

Yep, I Drove a dodge challenger recently. (Really fast lol)

Warning: Cars are nothing like they are in video games. The pedals are really sensitive for most cars.. So, you gotta like barely touch them lol, Where as in most games ya just smash them down lol

I've never had any bad experiences with driving. But, it is quite fun when you're new to it :)

Have fun, Drive safe.

Unless of course you drive a Ford F-350 Dually like I do XD even with the Turbo, takes a bit 

First car i drove was my dads ol' Mercedes W123. I was 14 Years old at that time :P

I remember breaking so hard that it actually made marks on the parking lot we where at :D

It's crazy how sensitive pedals in cars really are. Especially if you are used to videogames only.

76561198026310847.png
Twitter: @taximan_5 - PSN: Sheriff_Taxi - Xbox Live: taximan5 - Steam: taximan5 - Social Club: Sheriff_Taxi

First time I drove a car was about 10 or 11 years ago. I was about 12 years old and I was visiting my great uncle who had a farm in southern Virginia with lots of land. He had this old Ford pickup truck (early 70s F-Series) I remember he would let me drive it in a circle around the house for about 30 mins. Eventually he let me drive it by myself while he stood on the porch which I thought was the coolest thing at the time.

First time I legally drove a car though was 2007 when I got my learners permit at 15. I remember walking out of the DMV with my mom who then let me drive home in our 2001 Honda Odyssey, I was kind of nervous but really excited too. First year or two of having my drivers license was really fun at the time but after doing it for 7 or 8 years now it is just another daily thing.

Edited by l3ubba

My dad's Peugeot 307 Station wagon, when I was around 13 years old (on private property). He taught me very well actually, when I started driving with a driving instructor he said I was very good, didn't have to teach me much except for manoeuvres. 

My bad experiences during my lessons were always the cause of other people.

• I had some chavy c**t overtake me at a junction, almost slammed into my car and a car coming head on, I wished so hard for a police car to have been there.
  • A drunk guy walked out into the middle of the road, right in front of my car, I was debating whether to stop or not, but apparently my morales felt it was better to stop. 
  • Overtaken by a moron driving an Audi, I was going at the speed limit, it was a very narrow road. 

Driving is so much fun, I love it. I look back on my bad experiences and laugh, I don't panic for things. 

Good luck to you

Edited by SeaHawk14

To be honest, I don't remember the first time I drove. But I do remember the way my mates were driving like they thought they were an invincible rally car driver. I'm not suggesting that you would do the same, but remember that road laws are there for a reason - follow them and you'll be a whole lot safer.

Make sure you get familiar with the car before you even turn the engine on, know its power, sensitivity and where all buttons and switches that you may need are.

On a less serious note: driving is really fun, it keeps you on your toes and it makes travelling a hell of a lot easier. Have fun!

The first time I drove a car was when I was 17 (Didn't really bother to drive beforehand). 

I drove an unmarked, grey crown vic that was an exact copy of this on a closed course at a Student Trooper Program back in June of 2014. 

3685844416_13ed28af9e.jpg

10556319_668137506603569_808945853453813

There was a state trooper that was my driving instructor and they had set up cones to practice things like Turn and Weave, Anti Lock breaking, and tight corners. 

Never have I ever had such a thrill in my life than flooring a crown vic and listening to that engine roar at 60MPH with lights and sirens and being able to just suddenly break as hard as  you can in a Crown Vic with tires screeching. 

The first time and the only few times I have driven is in a Dodge Caravan. The first time was definitely an interesting experience. Another time, I just about side-swiped a car because I didn't check my blind spot. :)

RipplyTiger151
911 Dispatcher - Thin Gold Line 

Aspiring Deputy - Thin Blue Line

It was in the parking of a closed ski resort, to avoid cops to bother us as they wouldn't get up there. The thing is that the parking was in a slope and there was no way to put the car totally horizontally. So everytime I released the brakes and messed with the clutch pedal, the engine stalled and the car rolled backwards towards a river that flowed at the bottom of a ravine at the end of the slope...