Sam

ELS Dot Net (Formerly Illumination 2.0)

Looks nice.

Need any testers? If there's a working version I'd be willing to try it out on Multiplayer

Would we use any car model or would it have to be a ELS high-poly shitmobile?

Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 

GPU: MSI ARMOR GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Ram: 16GB Skylake

Things I can think of off the top of my head:

• AI using it
  • A way to edit positions in game, kinda like on some of the speedometer mods where you ALT+TAB, edit and save the notepad file.
  • Multiple patterns again
  • A way to lock certain patterns onto a model (police uses one light mode, police2 uses another light mode)
  • Changeable colors

Edited by c13

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

I'd be willing to give this a try if you need testers. As long as you can have more then just the lightbar lighting going on I wouldn't mind it. Are the cars going to have to be custom mapped for this or will it be any ELS car? I'd assume the first one since it uses a different method, correct?

Heck I'd love to help with this in someway, but idk how many people you want to test it lol. Judging from the screens, this looks promising. Would it be easier to change light colors than it currently is with ELS?

Heck I'd love to help with this in someway, but idk how many people you want to test it lol. Judging from the screens, this looks promising. Would it be easier to change light colors than it currently is with ELS?

Yes, all lights are generated with native functions, so there are no textures or anything. All you would have to do is change a value.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Alternatives for ELS are always great (Even if I rather a new version of ELS lol) but I guess it's not that easy position the lights this way :S

Btw, does that mean everybody could put the lights to any position they like? That would be great definitly!

Yes, I hope to create some nice system where you can just position the lights anywhere you want :)

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Hm. So theoretically, this could work for any car, even if it is already ELS-enabled? Or am I way off on that?

Absolutely any car, yes. You could even have them on the player or on buildings.

Designate a light head as California Steady Red!!! :smile:

Reference: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25252.htm

Edited by Ofc.Chad

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/2400/sig.jpg[/img] [color=#ff0000][size=2]Intel Core i7-2600K,[/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]NVIDIA GeForce GTX560[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]. 16G Ram, [/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]800W PS[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2], [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]320G WD 16MB Cache 7200RPM HD[/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=2], [/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]Cooler Master Storm Scout Case, [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]Win 7 Pro[/size][/color]

Screens definitely looks promising.Though I had some questions in mind:

1.Don't get me as a retard,but do the grill lights work as beautifully as they do it in ELS? (Yeah,go on laugh at me,I don't care...)

Yes, all lights are generated with native functions, so there are no textures or anything. All you would have to do is change a value.

Thats nice,but what about reflections?

Yes, I hope to create some nice system where you can just position the lights anywhere you want :)

So should I assume you're talking about *25th December* ??

4.And I'd like to strain this question from first post,furthermore:

easy mapping of new lights :) ?

5.Um...different patterns? Or no different patterns?

I know its not fair expecting this much from a WIP beta invention mod,but I'm just asking possibilities.

Edited by Dhruv

Reflections are already in the script, you can see them in the screenshots. Again, to change the colour all you would have to do is edit a value. Furthermore, instead of the reflections just being generated from a point above the car, these reflections would actually be generated from where the light is.

This sounds very interesting. The only reason I don't use ELS or custom cars is because I can't find any cars that aren't high-poly......so if you can release some lcpd"illumination enabled"cars with the mod then i would be most grateful :) (or link me to some (anyone) cuz I couldnt find any on my own :l )

This project sounds amazing! I really hope it gets released. I'm so sick of my cars fixing themselves/other people using ELS to fix their cars in pursuits. You have no idea how many RP Situations I've been in where the 'baddie' takes a cop car for the sole purpose of ELS fixing the car constantly.

I have fun at 18000 revolutions per minute.

My new favorite WIP. I'm really glad you're working on this! ELS is a great system but has many drawbacks and turnoffs to many people. I personally love the variety of light patterns in ELS and think that it's very important to have it in Illumination 2.0. Will you be able to control the size of the light being displayed? That would be very important. It would be nice to have more control over what lights are activated (front/rear, traffic advisor, take downs, alley, spotlight, etc), just like the real systems. Also, it'd be great to have control over the speed of the lights. Some vehicles use a steady burn (California for example) others use very fast strobe patterns. I know people loved that strobe pattern found in PPM.

Will there be a visual difference between halogen/strobe?

Can you build in a siren feature like ELS? (I know AI doesn't respond to it, but half the time people don't respond to real sirens, it's just a nice feature)

Will this support added vehicles (ie; police5, ambulance2, firetruk2, etc)?

I don't think anyone would turn down a chance to beta test this! The very thought of having all the emergency vehicles using this system and not crashing the game, it's too good to be true.....

Edited by Ridgerunner

My new favorite WIP. I'm really glad you're working on this! ELS is a great system but has many drawbacks and turnoffs to many people. I personally love the variety of light patterns in ELS and think that it's very important to have it in Illumination 2.0. Will you be able to control the size of the light being displayed? That would be very important. It would be nice to have more control over what lights are activated (front/rear, traffic advisor, take downs, alley, spotlight, etc), just like the real systems. Also, it'd be great to have control over the speed of the lights. Some vehicles use a steady burn (California for example) others use very fast strobe patterns. I know people loved that strobe pattern found in PPM.

Will there be a visual difference between halogen/strobe?

Can you build in a siren feature like ELS? (I know AI doesn't respond to it, but half the time people don't respond to real sirens, it's just a nice feature)

Will this support added vehicles (ie; police5, ambulance2, firetruk2, etc)?

I don't think anyone would turn down a chance to beta test this! The very thought of having all the emergency vehicles using this system and not crashing the game, it's too good to be true.....

The possibilities offered by this are only really restricted in terms of how much I can code in. Basically, you have a system where you are just drawing lights at a position within the game, so the things you can do with it are pretty awesome. You could easily change the light size, colour, position and pattern ingame. Also, as these are just proper GTA IV lights being drawn at a position in the world, they are not bound to any extra parts or anything, meaning there is much greater flexibility as far as patterns are concerned. You could also easily create a visual difference between different types of lights, as you could have a strobe system where the light starts out small, gets bigger, and goes smaller really quickly, or you could have an LED system where you just have the lights going on and off.

As for multiplayer support, as long as everyone uses the same settings then it would be fine.

At this point in time, I'm looking for some ideas from car modders about the best way to design this system. The way I see it, it would have a .ini file where you could add the car model in square brackets, and then you could have a bunch of options under that. Hopefully I can create some way of making and positioning lights ingame, so that when your car is done, you can just create the lights and patterns for it ingame, in a similar fashion to the simple native trainer's object spawning/attaching. This would take a while to do however, and it would probably have to wait until after 0.95.