FCV96

GTA V Gameplay Mod Wishlist

Assuming that GTA V is as moddable, if not hopefully more so, than GTA IV, what sort of gameplay mods would you hope to see? [Aside from the obligatory LSPDFR, of course.]

-----

I would personally love to have a bus driver mod.  The buses in GTA V are vastly superior to their predecessors; aside from actually spawning and driving along routes regularly, they can finally hold more than four people.  I find conducting 'normal' occupations within the GTA universe to actually be a good deal of fun - in the case of being a bus driver, there's just something about hearing the air-brakes activate as you flip on your turn signal and pull up to a stop, and then attempt to follow traffic rules, that is highly entertaining.  It would be even sweeter with the game's included first-person mode.

The beta GTA IV mod is a good start, but being limited to having only three passengers in addition to the mod crashing consistently surely puts a damper on things.

BruteBus-Front-GTAV.png

[Modded buses would be great too.]

-----

- I would like to also see improvements to the police AI; as opposed to the terminators that they are now, perhaps they should be able to actually take nonlethal action up to two stars or so. The PR24 nightstick is already in the game and could be used for that aspect.  [i don't think I was ever busted in game because I was shot to death before that could happen, for that matter.]

- Though I imagine that it would take significant time and effort, I look forward to seeing someone port Liberty City's map into GTA V's engine; that would give us an excuse for snow and returning to Liberty with that improved public transit as outlined above.

Edited by FCV96

Well, if there was a bus driver mod there should be a mode where you couldn't drive slower than 50 mph, you know, like in that movie, The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.

My only regret is that I have but one like to give. xD

Assuming that GTA V is as moddable, if not hopefully more so, than GTA IV, what sort of gameplay mods would you hope to see? [Aside from the obligatory LSPDFR, of course.]

-----

I would personally love to have a bus driver mod.  The buses in GTA V are vastly superior to their predecessors; aside from actually spawning and driving along routes regularly, they can finally hold more than four people.  I find conducting 'normal' occupations within the GTA universe to actually be a good deal of fun - in the case of being a bus driver, there's just something about hearing the air-brakes activate as you flip on your turn signal and pull up to a stop, and then attempt to follow traffic rules, that is highly entertaining.  It would be even sweeter with the game's included first-person mode.

The beta GTA IV mod is a good start, but being limited to having only three passengers in addition to the mod crashing consistently surely puts a damper on things.

BruteBus-Front-GTAV.png

[Modded buses would be great too.]

-----

- I would like to also see improvements to the police AI; as opposed to the terminators that they are now, perhaps they should be able to actually take nonlethal action up to two stars or so. The PR24 nightstick is already in the game and could be used for that aspect.  [i don't think I was ever busted in game because I was shot to death before that could happen, for that matter.]

- Though I imagine that it would take significant time and effort, I look forward to seeing someone port Liberty City's map into GTA V's engine; that would give us an excuse for snow and returning to Liberty with that improved public transit as outlined above.

LSPDFR of course... But some other ones too.

Fire/EMS now that there's actually quite a few Fire Departments and Hospitals. (I love that there's even big and little hospitals with proper marked Ambulance drop off sites)

Tow Truck

Lineman or other construction type jobs. (Not sure how to implement this one) There's a number of construction sites. As for being a lineman or someone who works with power lines etc., the utility trucks and vans are already in the game. One of them even has ELS type lights on it to warn traffic of a blocked lane!

Detective (first 48 style) in which you'd respond to death scenes. Do a little detective work (doesn't have to be elaborate, just question a few witnesses etc.) and then much like in Trevor's side missions, you'd get a picture of the suspect you're looking for and the area he frequents. No marker to say it's the guy, just drive around and look for him. (Possible because certain pedestrians spawn in certain parts of the map, more than ever, it's even divided by districts.

Gang Mod in which you could choose your gang, tag up turf, and gain and lose territory much like in San Andreas (but you couldn't really lose turf there  :sad: ). Also have a system in which you could have fellow members follow you and pull drive bye's like the old days ha ha.

Taxi Driver

Pretty much any other simulation type mod you could think of. I like turning GTA into a simulation of many things  :smile:

Some things i would like to see:

-Bus Driving

-Trucking

-Better Taxi Missions. I hate how the customers always fucking complain when you stop at a red light and when you take your time. Fuck that. not everyone wants to rush thru traffic. so yeah i hope someone will make some sort of better Taxi Mission Mod.

76561198026310847.png
Twitter: @taximan_5 - PSN: Sheriff_Taxi - Xbox Live: taximan5 - Steam: taximan5 - Social Club: Sheriff_Taxi

Trucking/delivery driving would be pretty awesome, as would improved cabbie missions and EMS/Fire mods to supplement LCPDFR/LSPDFR/SAPDFR.  That firefighting mission in the FIB building was particularly memorable.  I did like the tow truck missions and wouldn't mind seeing more of them, and some use of the heavy equipment on construction sites in addition to the utility vans would be great.

Perhaps  someone could even expand the scene where you act as a janitor in the FIB building to a full-blown Custodian Simulator 2015. xD

-----

Come to think of it, if we could have the Esperanto back in the game [spawning somewhere else than just the prologue], and improved police liveries, that would be great.

PoliceRoadcruiser-GTAV-Front.png

Maybe some custom liveries for cars, the ones in GTA V are REALLY bland. Along with that custom weapon/siren sounds.

As for actual mods, if R* actually has the balls to delay heists any longer after the PC release, then obviously a working heist. Besides that, LSPDFR (Which we all know everyone is looking forward to  :thumbsup: )

Trucking/delivery driving would be pretty awesome, as would improved cabbie missions and EMS/Fire mods to supplement LCPDFR/LSPDFR/SAPDFR.  That firefighting mission in the FIB building was particularly memorable.  I did like the tow truck missions and wouldn't mind seeing more of them, and some use of the heavy equipment on construction sites in addition to the utility vans would be great.

Perhaps  someone could even expand the scene where you act as a janitor in the FIB building to a full-blown Custodian Simulator 2015. xD

-----

Come to think of it, if we could have the Esperanto back in the game [spawning somewhere else than just the prologue], and improved police liveries, that would be great.

PoliceRoadcruiser-GTAV-Front.png

Seeing that vehicle has brought me to this conclusion..... Someone needs to bring North Yankton into the game.

I have a list that is SO LONG

Every vehicle in the game changed to it's real life counterpart (I'm not listing them as it would take too long)

Bus Driver script (Pick up bus at bus depot, choose a route and pick up your passengers, getting a bonus for following traffic laws and being there on time)

Taxi script (More dynamic taxi pickups and no penalty for stopping at reds)

EMS script (Similar to old GTA but give penalty for injuring civilians)

Fire fighter mod

LSPDFR (Obviously)

Military Mod (Enrol at Fort Zancudo, choose military ped, and do military things)

Street Racing Mod (With a range of races)

Trucking Mod

Janitor Mod

Dock Worker Mod

I have a list that is SO LONG

Every vehicle in the game changed to it's real life counterpart (I'm not listing them as it would take too long)

Bus Driver script (Pick up bus at bus depot, choose a route and pick up your passengers, getting a bonus for following traffic laws and being there on time)

Taxi script (More dynamic taxi pickups and no penalty for stopping at reds)

EMS script (Similar to old GTA but give penalty for injuring civilians)

Fire fighter mod

LSPDFR (Obviously)

Military Mod (Enrol at Fort Zancudo, choose military ped, and do military things)

Street Racing Mod (With a range of races)

Trucking Mod

Janitor Mod

Dock Worker Mod

A proper Firefighter/EMS mod would be so baws.

Additionally with a functionally fire house and interior, that'd be awesome.

I'd be a firefighter every day on V :D

(besides policing ^^)

I'm pretty curious about this. Maybe someone's able to script and add a fire hose or fire extinguisher.

First thing I wish in all cases, a player selector!

4Gft9WW.gif    #PanCakes                                 9cFtfbd.png

A proper Firefighter/EMS mod would be so baws.

Additionally with a functionally fire house and interior, that'd be awesome.

I'd be a firefighter every day on V :D

(besides policing ^^)

I'm pretty curious about this. Maybe someone's able to script and add a fire hose or fire extinguisher.

First thing I wish in all cases, a player selector!

I think there is a fire extinguisher model in GTAV, and there's a hose on the fire truck modelled on the back of the fire truck. Plus the functioning hose on the top of the cab. A firehouse seems possible, perhaps use the LSPD interior and replace the LSPD logos with LSFD logos.

I think there is a fire extinguisher model in GTAV, and there's a hose on the fire truck modelled on the back of the fire truck. Plus the functioning hose on the top of the cab. A firehouse seems possible, perhaps use the LSPD interior and replace the LSPD logos with LSFD logos.

You're correct about the Fire Extinguisher. The Firefighter NPC's do use them and they do function. However, it is not currently a tangible weapon, so it will need to be modded as one.

Side note: I see a lot of support for a "Custodian/Janitor" mod ha ha. I say let's make it happen. But beyond that, I'd personally like to see that F.I.B. building be continuously accessible. (The one from the Firefighter/Janitor/Heist mission)

I'd also like a mod in which getting arrested actually meant just that. Maybe you only spend 5 minutes (real time) in the local Jail, unless the crime was heavy, then maybe you'd spend 10 minutes in the County Prison. I know 5 and 10 minutes doesn't sound like a lot but when you're stuck in one location in game for that amount of time, it really does feel like forever.... Tried it myself.

So many fantastic ideas here, thank you to all who contributed and happy gaming!

I'd also like a mod in which getting arrested actually meant just that. Maybe you only spend 5 minutes (real time) in the local Jail, unless the crime was heavy, then maybe you'd spend 10 minutes in the County Prison. I know 5 and 10 minutes doesn't sound like a lot but when you're stuck in one location in game for that amount of time, it really does feel like forever.... Tried it myself.

On this note, I'd like to reiterate my point above.  I was never actually able to be 'busted' in the game; because of the way the police A.I. seems to work.  They always ended up shooting, regardless of my star level.  I'd like to see a return to the GTA IV system in the sense that the first two stars would result in nonlethal measures.  Why do the security guards in V use nightsticks but the police do not?

This is plausible, seeing as the Mission Row police station has fully modeled but inaccessible cells in the basement (in the lastgen version of the game this area wasn't loaded in the game, but the cells were there. In the new gen version it's probably included, as the new Online character selector takes place in a police station cells area. All you'd need in this case is a script to spawn you in the cells and a timer counting down (based on wanted level- 1 star= 30 secs, 2 star 1 min etc.) to go along with this, i'd like a script where you can surrender in a wanted level rather than getting shot. every. single. time. Maybe in it you could use the new cuffing/ entering back of police car animations to get transported to the cells. 

I want a ticket system implemented: at one star you either pay a fine or go to jail if refuse/have no money. There was a mod like that for the IV. And also a jail mod: Bolingbroke Penitentiary is created for making jailbreaks! 

I wonder if that's possible to return the damage system, so peds won't die so quickly... And yeah, a way for the police to arrest NPCs

And allow me to loose those goddamn weapons! *angry as hell face here*

Australian stuff! Cars, money, clothes....hell, even road textures and street signs.

Other than the typical stuff like LSPD:FR and what not I would love to see some sort of picture in picture display or reflections like the house interior mirrors so we can actually use see what is around us better in vehicles. This is the only bad point I have seen about next gen so far. Truck driving missions/mods and stuff would be awesome in first person then.

I'd like to be able to drag wounded or dead people, like the AI does at times. Would be amazing in shootouts.