Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

LCPDFR.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

c13

Friends of LSPDFR
  • Joined

Everything posted by c13

  1. I can't really blame you since most western media don't like reporting the true nature of Hamas (probably some BS about not wanting to offend the Islamic faith, as if all Muslims are fanatical). The first problem in your post is that you're trusting statistics from the Palestinian government, which has 74/132 seats in its legislative body belonging to Hamas. Yes Hamas, the organization that can't even be trusted to maintain a ceasefire, but is some how an authority on casualty estimates that would politically help them gain leverage to prepare for the next rocket attack. That would be similar to the IRA openly holding 364/650 seats in Parliament, then being trusted to give estimates on casualties in attacks initiated by IRA bombs or orchestrated riots. You're then trusting an organization that has an underground base right below a major hospital. Real brave of them, throwing sick and dying civilians in the way. Due to their nature of shooting collaborators with Israel, and a history of threatening journalists, it's understandable that the press there strictly follow Hamas' guidelines for the media, which include calling everyone a civilian, with emphasis on the "innocent" part, otherwise the media does not get live reports in Gaza, if their lives aren't threatened. Knowing all this, it should be no surprise that despite many claims to the otherwise by the official Palestinian government, the 2008-2009 fighting had "official" estimated casualty numbers jump from 49 militants to between 600 and 700 militants of 1100 casualties. You then have to look at where they are firing weapon systems from. There have been not 1, but 3 UN sponsored schools that Hamas has attacked from. One of them, after officials found the rockets, gave them back to Hamas. You have recent video out, that isn't being suppressed surprisingly, of Hamas assembling in a populated neighborhood and firing rockets. Next, if higher civilian casualty numbers were true, it is unfortunately to be expected when the official media station of Hamas Palestine puts forth the following message after Israel broadcasts radio messages and airdrops leaflets warning of attacks, with my guess being that they enforce this with militants to keep people from leaving. Finally, this manual, supposedly from Hamas itself, should rest my argument on their use of civilians. But what do I know. According to some, I'm just racist.
  2. As a community, a lot of us like to give our opinions and debate on current events, much like dedicated political forums where no one has a say on policies outside of voting. A brief correction on this. No where in the original Bill of Rights are rights granted. Because all rights are natural, it instead explicitly spells out what the founders believed were the most important rights that the government should not prevent the inhabitants of the country from possessing. Where we are today is a different matter for a different thread.
  3. As much as I hate to say it, when we destabilized their government, it kind of did become our responsibility. While I don't support the actions of Saddam Hussain, there was stability there. Unless you were a kurd. Personally, I think this is justified, and it is much more of a crisis than Israel defending itself.
  4. I remember a thread like this a while ago, and with all the recent LCPDFR moments threads popping up, I thought this would be a nice addition. For me, this happened in the days of .95 RC3 (testers version). I was parked in the alleyway on Jonestown street in downtown Alderney, just northwest of the Plumber's Skyway entrance, in EVI's shiny new caprice. I had a K-9 as a partner at the time. I start hearing yelling, and a Spanish Lords member runs in front of me holding a pistol with another deputy right behind him. I jump out, press the hotkey for the K-9 and we get involved in the chase. I call for backup before rounding the corner heading north on Myung street, where I catch up with the other deputy about half a block away from the gang member. My K-9 easily catches up to the suspect, and is about to jump when the suspect turns around and opens fire. The cop I am with and I start returning fire with Glock 19s as my dog retreats, and civilians are running everywhere. About 15 feet away to the left, the doors open up to a car and two more gang bangers jump out, one with a glock and the other with an uzi. We're heavily outgunned, have no cover and we're being flanked, when two backup units arrive from the south at the same moment the other deputy goes down. I sprint back to the cover of a sheriff's car, return fire and the two suspects go down. The K-9 then sprints forward and latches onto the original suspect, making him drop his weapon. I arrest the suspect and call for a transport. I think this crazy situation is already over, but I was wrong. I turned around to start heading back to my car when I hear more gun shots. I turn around thinking it's the AI police being stupid and corrupt by shooting the unarmed suspect. However, two more gang members are firing at the remaining deputies to break out the original suspect. I start firing from a flanking position, and my dog goes down as well as another deputy. Then the original suspect gets a gun and joins his compadres. I call for more backup, as there are now only 4 deputies on scene including me. I get to cover again, return fire again, and more backup starts to arrive from the south and east. The remaining suspects quickly go down, littering the Myung street with more shell casings, blood and bodies than usual. By the end of it, 5 suspects were killed, 2 officers were killed and my dog was killed also. All of it happened in about 2 minutes.
  5. http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/20/world/asia/afghanistan-us-troops/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Civil_War http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2013/09/06/3897e436-170a-11e3-be6e-dc6ae8a5b3a8_story.html http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/obama-troops-iraq_n_5545435.html You were saying?
  6. I was talking to Sam about this the other day. I can't believe it's been exactly 5 years since I stumbled across this on GTAGarage.
  7. One of the features of that vehicle is the randomly spawning lightbar, because that wasn't possible in previous ELS versions.
  8. It was buggy and unrealistic.
  9. MODERATOR NOTICE Thread cleaned up. Please stay on topic
  10. The lightbar is setup by default to be compatible with the old ELS Rotator patterns. The only thing that would be missing is the actual rotators inside the lightbar.
  11. You can also rename the folders. Name the one you want to use "EFLC", then name the backup "EFLC backup"
  12. That's a federal signal streethawk. The one below would need to be modified to have rotators if you want to use that ELS V8 feature. http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=701
  13. I've grown fond of the 2008-14 Tahoes. Here's one of the better looking ones from my area
  14. To me, Southland went downhill in the last season. But I wish it would've been wrapped up instead of cancelled. My favorite show that was canceled was Jericho
  15. Insurgency is probably the best new one out there.
  16. Maturity has nothing to do with age. Until you are able to contribute something, you are not going to be posting in this thread.
  17. You already answered that in your own post right above mine. To quote it:
  18. And with this, most of your posts in this thread are being hidden. This sub-forum is meant for mature discussions on complicated issues, not name calling, memes expressing overly simplified points and not attempting to dispute people with heavily biased "info"graphs. The only reason why one of your posts is staying is because it brings up a point related to the topic at hand, which is your idea on how police can become accountable. Any further attempts by you to post on this thread something that isn't relevant (IE: You should only post a decently thought out comment in your own words on whether police are needed) will result in further sanctions.
  19. cp702 pointed out that pretty pictures and quotes from other people don't constitute your own thoughts. No where in his post did he say anything relating to police, let alone "not handling" the supposed truth that we're in a police state presented through incredibly simplified political one-liners. While police shouldn't get to investigate their own agency when accounts of wrongdoing arise, they shouldn't be carted off to jail the second "ABUSE" is screamed either. I read a book not too long ago about a sniper in Iraq. He said that one time, he shot a guy wearing a Kalashnikov moving towards a convoy of US vehicles. The wife of the shot man made a complaint, claiming he was unarmed. Not only that, she claimed she saw the sniper, who was hiding in the back of a dark room, shooting out of a peep hole from several hundred yards away, clear enough to identify the type of camouflage he had on. Despite a needless investigation, her story did in fact turn out to be false.
  20. Willpv23 I learned to type with a cover over the keyboard

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.