Sam

Our Community - What we stand for & How to get involved

To put this in context, if you were to serve 30 terabytes of data through Amazon Web Services, it'd cost you $3,000 a month - and that's just one month of download traffic. 

I've never thought that the cost of running LSPDFR.COM is this much.

Kudos to the site owner and management to keep this wonderful site up and running!

5 hours ago, Sam said:

"If you were to serve 30 terabytes of data through Amazon Web Services, it'd cost you $3,000 a month - and that's just one month of download traffic."

This made me TURN OFF my ad blocker. I really dont know how you keep this website up... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I

Edited by iheartPF

This post hit me right in the feels! im speechless! its been very controversial with whining from members in the community both here and on discord servers as of late...and its caused a bit of an uproar in the community and negative talks, which now put into prospective by stating just how much the download traffic costs, it really touched me and, to be frank, makes me want to go comment some pretty negative things against those people on the forums making complaints about how much money sam is supposedly making? As if any cash value could really touch the amount of work and dedication has been put into making this amazing game work. LCPDFR is, and has always been, completely free! despite countless unpaid hours for  for the last couple years from devs and modders alike, the game continues to strive on! ive played from the shadows, trying to donate as much as possible when possible.... just recently have i felt comfy enough to come register and speak my mind on some of the injustices ive seen lately. This was well needed, well worded, and perfectly timed. Thanks sam.

Edited by JIves

1 hour ago, BejoIjo said:

I've never thought that the cost of running LSPDFR.COM is this much.

Kudos to the site owner and management to keep this wonderful site up and running!

Just to clarify as I don't want to mislead, that was just an example of how much it would cost if we used AWS (which we don't as Cyan is a systems administration extraordinaire).

Still, a website as big as ours doesn't come cheap.  There's a lot of other things like software licensing and costs for mitigation when people hit us with denial of service attacks. 

It's not really something that we want to make a big deal about as we'd rather just get on with things, though.  

i love it, i fully support this community, and im glad to be a part of it, i hope we continue strong for years to come, we have survived since 2009 right... so lets keep going and see what great things happen

I think this was a very much needed post, hence what's been happening in the community in the last few days. Thank you @Sam.

I've said it once before here, I bought a gaming computer because of this mod alone.  I'll never be able to put into words how much I appreciate this mod, the creators, and the members for what they do to help and create content.  One of the best communities I have been apart of

Great post, Sam! This community has been around for at least 11 years now and has continued to grow and grow to what it is now. I also do not expect it to go anywhere soon. 

I've had the pleasure to at least some part of the community for almost 6 of those years and I have seen my fair share of drama, content creators, communities, etc. Each and every time people usually move on or things will settle down for the most part. Throughout each and every incident, LCDPFR/LSDFPR has held strong and continued to be one of the largest, if not the largest, communities/websites out there. It's unfortunate to see content creators yanking their content but this has happened every so often and the unfortunate reality is it will continue to happen. We can only move on and either promote future content creators or work hard to produce our own content to keep things going in the community.

Also, the job that the moderation, community management, and development teams do is, I'm sure, completely volunteer. We as the community must realize this and understand that sometimes things may be delayed or take longer than we may want and be appreciative of the work that is done. 

I appreciate the amount of effort that is put into LSPDFR and I really appreciate how there is a central hub for everything about this mod. Without the knowledge you guys inject into this modification, none of this would be possible and I totally understand that. It is sad how to some would say, toxic this community has been recently. I'll be honest, there have been a few times I have been a keyboard warrior and fired back at people on this website. I am here to apologize for that and any grief I caused anyone. In this community, we are all one, just as real LEOs are. We need to support one another, help one another and instead of ripping someone a new one, help them do xyz. I am disappointed how the community has been, with myself included. I hope we can all band back together and become one family. I love this website and everyone who enjoys Law Enforcement as much as myself. I have made some amazing friends along my journey of this website and from there only more doors opened up. I appreciate everything you guys (the devs) have done and will do for this community. Lets get this family whole again. Everyone gets a fresh slate and we can all just enjoy the modification and its' community together.

I can't wait to see the future with 0.4 on the horizon and with all the growth that will come out of this rough patch. "It has to rain before it's sunny."

3,000 a month? Wow, thank you for keeping this website up, even that it costs that much to hold it up, That made me turn my adblocker off on this website, you really need money to keep this up, Thank you for keeping this page, and that we can add alot of things to our LSPD:FR mod.

Edited by dun21
Have a good day! :)

SKi    6

I absolutely love this... and every year I always come back around the holidays, and the new year! (I am always lurking around all year tbh tho lol) this is an amazing community, its always been in my top bookmarks as far as I can remember. But I have seen a divide... Sam your words couldn't have been better said myself. Thank you for all that you guys do for us, and anyone involved and even the community. Its just a great place to be.

Well now that I understand a bit more about what exactly happened over the last few days and how previous events have contributed to it, I can say I think this is a well timed post.  In any event a statement like this is important in a large community, regardless of that group's nature.  I have been in communities for various games over the years and understand how critical community development and the handling of crises is imperative to its survival and reputation.  I am glad and proud to see the staff and most of the community here show their commitment to the principles outlined above and to the positive future of a civil community.  That said, I think I will consider putting in an application to help with moderation, once Iv thought about whether I can put in the proper time.  If I decide that I am just currently unable to, then you certainly have my help and advise if it is needed.  I am always open to pms, as it seems others know that even better than myself, since I have had complete strangers ask for a pointer or advise on something -  I am glad to help if I can.

Cheers to this community!

You guys continuously provide an awesome community and awesome work! I know that this kind of quality definitely does not come cheap, and I am very appreciative that this community exists! Keep up the awesome work! 

i left this site becuse i thought the staff dint care bout us im bringing back my cars to lspdfr.com and i will continue to suport this comunity

I think LSPDFR is a grate place to help support the men and women in blue how protect and in fores the law i think this because of all the fake bad stuff going around about law enforcement and it dose bring a commonality of police lovers together and i love it . I were a police hat and shirt to my high school every day except the shirt for of cores but i get so meany people saying fuck the police or the shoot black people for no reason even tho the black person was shooting at officers or some over crap people think of law enforcement . And the men and women in blue don't do it for fame or money they do it to serve and protect to enforce the law not to but people give them crap for doing something or not doing anything which ticks my off but there are those community and people how do help out the men and women in blue and it is always openhearted by them no mater how big or small it is it is always grate to help out the ones how put there own live on the line to serve and protect you no mater what and that's what i think the LSPDFR community dose others mite not think it but i do so Back The Blue not fuck the blue or shoot the blue, love them their all not bad there just doing their job.  

Edited by Jacob Bailey