willpv23

ScriptHookV Alternative

ScriptHookV has been updated - download it here: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv

Since ScriptHookV has yet to be updated from the latest minor GTA V patch, I want to remind everyone about this plugin by Pursuit that converts ASI mods to work with RPH. It still seems to work with the latest versions of GTA and RPH, at least with Simple Native Trainer and ELS in my testing. It isn't guaranteed to work fully with all asi mods considering it hasn't been updated in over a year, but I figure ELS and SNT are probably the most used ASI mods on our site. This is just a temporary solution until ScriptHookV gets updated.

Installation:

1. Make sure you have the requirements linked below installed.
  2. Download link: https://github.com/fr-Pursuit/AsiSupport/releases/tag/0.2.0 (download AsiSupport-0.2.0-BETA.zip)
  3. Copy AsiSupport.dll to your plugins folder.
  4. Load AsiSupport.dll with RPH (either through using the commands ReloadAllPlugins or LoadPlugin "AsiSupport.dll"; or selecting it to load in the RPH settings dialogue.)
  5. Your ASI mods should now be loaded. If it crashes while loading them, it's likely you are using an unsupported ASI mod. I will try to keep a list of working and non-working mods that I come across.

Requirements:

Confirmed working ASI mods (in my game, at least):

Mods that do not work with this plugin:

• ScriptHookVDotNet

(Thanks to @theninja35 for his original topic from last year).

Hey there, I'm the one on Twitter who mentioned the CTD I experience with this plugin. The asi scripts I am using are: ELS, Simple Trainer, Heap Adjuster, Packfile Limit Adjuster, & Player Location Display. If you require more information just tell me what you need and I'll try and get it for you.

I haven't had much luck with this, I have Scripthook.net, ELS, and simple trainer and none of them seem to work I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, fallout2077 said:

Hey there, I'm the one on Twitter who mentioned the CTD I experience with this plugin. The asi scripts I am using are: ELS, Simple Trainer, Heap Adjuster, Packfile Limit Adjuster, & Player Location Display. If you require more information just tell me what you need and I'll try and get it for you.

Can you post your RagePluginHook log? It's probably one of those mods not working well with the ASI plugin. As I said, I only tested ELS and Simple Native Trainer.

1 hour ago, Friendship7 said:

I haven't had much luck with this, I have Scripthook.net, ELS, and simple trainer and none of them seem to work I'm afraid.

ScriptHook.net is probably the issue. At that point you have 3 different API's trying to work together.

So putting this in the plugin folder hasn’t loaded anything. Should I make sure it’s loaded in the rage plugin upon loading?  I really miss PLD, do I need those asi scripts in the plugins folder too or is it okay to keep them in the main directory? 

12 minutes ago, jvm222 said:

So putting this in the plugin folder hasn’t loaded anything. Should I make sure it’s loaded in the rage plugin upon loading?  I really miss PLD, do I need those asi scripts in the plugins folder too or is it okay to keep them in the main directory? 

You have to load it with RPH using the LoadPlugin command. You should leave all ASI mods in the main directory.

If i starts my game with this plugin then loads my RPH and when i am in game the screen is black. If i wait for 30 sconds do i have a game crash.

Gta not working.PNG

5 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

If i starts my game with this plugin then loads my RPH and when i am in game the screen is black. If i wait for 30 sconds do i have a game crash.

What ASI mods are you using? Can you upload your RPH log? Perhaps try loading the game and RPH without the AsiSupport plugin, and only load AsiSupport after you are in game with the LoadPlugin command.

It wont help if i starts RPH and then when i am in game using the Loadplugin command. 

RPH asi mods.PNG

12 hours ago, willpv23 said:

Can you post your RagePluginHook log? It's probably one of those mods not working well with the ASI plugin. As I said, I only tested ELS and Simple Native Trainer.

ScriptHook.net is probably the issue. At that point you have 3 different API's trying to work together.

I sure will (the log). And I am also using ScriptHook dot Net, which as you said, may be the issue. I'll remove that and see what happens.

2 hours ago, willpv23 said:

What ASI mods are you using? Can you upload your RPH log? Perhaps try loading the game and RPH without the AsiSupport plugin, and only load AsiSupport after you are in game with the LoadPlugin command.

This is what happens when I followed the loading from the in game console. I made sure everything other than PLD was deleted. Not sure IF i have to delete the other  files that have came with scripthook, like the other .dll files like dinput8.dll or dsound.dll 

here's a pastebin. maybe its just PLD. It shows it loaded and provides additional commands, then freezes and crashes. 

https://pastebin.com/ceTBeaNB

scripthook was updated, so disregard this. But it would be cool to know!!

Edited by jvm222
scripthook edit

Updated the main post for the ScriptHookV update (also updated it earlier with more information) and added that ScriptHookVDotNet doesn't work with it (although I haven't tested it myself).

4 hours ago, jvm222 said:

This is what happens when I followed the loading from the in game console. I made sure everything other than PLD was deleted. Not sure IF i have to delete the other  files that have came with scripthook, like the other .dll files like dinput8.dll or dsound.dll 

here's a pastebin. maybe its just PLD. It shows it loaded and provides additional commands, then freezes and crashes. 

https://pastebin.com/ceTBeaNB

scripthook was updated, so disregard this. But it would be cool to know!!

It could just be PLD, I'll test it later.

Update: PLD does work for me.

Well, I'm happy to see it's still useful 😀. Due to its design, updates aren't required to keep it working: unless something crucial about the ScriptHookV / RPH API changes, it'll still work in the future.

Though, I updated it anyway. It should now work for everyone (I hope). Plus, performance has been improved, and the crash reporting system allows us to identify potential problems more easily.

You can download the latest version here: https://github.com/fr-Pursuit/AsiSupport/releases

PS: It's always best to use ScriptHookV directly, as this plugin adds an intermediary and therefore operations everytime a native is called. Though, it's a good alternative to SHV when an update drops 😁