khorio

[WIP][REL] Automatic Roadblocks v2.0

Great Work Khorio! Looking forward to trying this out. I love that your using audio from NFS Hot Pursuit :D I might go and play that actually lol.

"Automatic Roadblocks are fully featured with units and vehicles based on the region..."

Are we able to customize these regions and which units respond in the area in detail? Like, will I be able to make it so that Del Perro PD respond around Del Perro while Rockford Hills PD respond around Rockford Hills etc?

In any case, this is looking really interesting. I especially love the variety in radio chatter that makes chases more immersive. I'm really hyped for this. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beren

Not as of yet, the county vehicles will be customizable in the initial version, further customization will be added later on.
For now, these are the options you will have (roadblocks will automatically select the vehicles and suitable peds from this xml depending on the location):
ad36281105b036a791d827a87c6a7283.png

Edited by khorio

On 9/2/2016 at 10:14 AM, Beren said:

"Automatic Roadblocks are fully featured with units and vehicles based on the region..."

Are we able to customize these regions and which units respond in the area in detail? Like, will I be able to make it so that Del Perro PD respond around Del Perro while Rockford Hills PD respond around Rockford Hills etc?

In any case, this is looking really interesting. I especially love the variety in radio chatter that makes chases more immersive. I'm really hyped for this. :thumbsup:

I'll have to change my answer on this, yes you will be able to customize regions in the xml as shown in the example below:

777ff32de2d077b78c1f0be85a1a71b4.png

1 hour ago, SrgtCyclone said:

Would I be able to get early access to showcase on my channel? I am current at about 4.9K subscribers/

I have 2 people on youtube showcasing it atm, thanks for the offer though :)

Added more customisation to the vehicles (I know some people will like this)
42836ae9802e52b9cac106996c8d8744.png

2 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

Will it be possible to have the roadblocks XML read from the backup.XML?

Yes, but it will require Custom Backup, and it will require PNWParksFan to return from vacation so he can add it to the API.

4 minutes ago, khorio said:

Yes, but it will require Custom Backup, and it will require PNWParksFan to return from vacation so he can add it to the API.

Ok, then will it be possible to just do the basic  (county) customization in the later versions? I don't have enough skins installed for this much detail...

2 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

Ok, then will it be possible to just do the basic  (county) customization in the later versions? I don't have enough skins installed for this much detail...

Basic county/area customisation is already in the default xml file.

<CarPack>
    <Department>BCSO</Department>
    <Zone>DEFAULT</Zone>
    <Description>Blaine County Sheriff's Office</Description>
    <Vehicles>
      <Vehicle PrimaryColor="default" SecondaryColor="default" Livery="-1" Extras="-1" isVan="false">SHERIFF</Vehicle>
      <Vehicle PrimaryColor="default" SecondaryColor="default" Livery="-1" Extras="-1" isVan="false">SHERIFF2</Vehicle>
    </Vehicles>
    <Peds>
      <Ped Variation="0,1,0|2,0,1">S_F_Y_SHERIFF_01</Ped>
      <Ped Variation="random">S_M_Y_SHERIFF_01</Ped>
    </Peds>
    <Weapons>
      <Weapon>WEAPON_PISTOL</Weapon>
      <Weapon>WEAPON_PUMPSHOTGUN</Weapon>
    </Weapons>
  </CarPack>

You can already customise quite a bit in this, BCSO will be picked when the area is in blaine county, you can also add custom zones as a custom carpack:

<CarPack>
    <Department>CUSTOM</Department>
    <Zone>DELPE</Zone>
    <Description>Del Perro PD</Description>
    <Vehicles>
      <Vehicle PrimaryColor="default" SecondaryColor="default" Livery="2" Extras="-1" isVan="false">POLICE2</Vehicle>
    </Vehicles>
    <Peds>
      <Ped Variation="random">S_F_Y_COP_01</Ped>
      <Ped Variation="random">S_M_Y_COP_01</Ped>
    </Peds>
    <Weapons>
    </Weapons>
  </CarPack>

The way Automatic Roadblocks is constructed it will be quite a task to read it from backup.xml without a wrapper that CustomBackup can quite easily provide.

1 hour ago, khorio said:

Basic county/area customisation is already in the default xml file.

<CarPack>
    <Department>BCSO</Department>
    <Zone>DEFAULT</Zone>
    <Description>Blaine County Sheriff's Office</Description>
    <Vehicles>
      <Vehicle PrimaryColor="default" SecondaryColor="default" Livery="-1" Extras="-1" isVan="false">SHERIFF</Vehicle>
      <Vehicle PrimaryColor="default" SecondaryColor="default" Livery="-1" Extras="-1" isVan="false">SHERIFF2</Vehicle>
    </Vehicles>
    <Peds>
      <Ped Variation="0,1,0|2,0,1">S_F_Y_SHERIFF_01</Ped>
      <Ped Variation="random">S_M_Y_SHERIFF_01</Ped>
    </Peds>
    <Weapons>
    </Weapons>
  </CarPack>

You can already customise quite a bit in this, BCSO will be picked when the area is in blaine county, you can also add custom zones as a custom carpack:

<CarPack>
    <Department>CUSTOM</Department>
    <Zone>DELPE</Zone>
    <Description>Del Perro PD</Description>
    <Vehicles>
      <Vehicle PrimaryColor="default" SecondaryColor="default" Livery="2" Extras="-1" isVan="false">POLICE2</Vehicle>
    </Vehicles>
    <Peds>
      <Ped Variation="random">S_F_Y_COP_01</Ped>
      <Ped Variation="random">S_M_Y_COP_01</Ped>
    </Peds>
    <Weapons>
    </Weapons>
  </CarPack>

The way Automatic Roadblocks is constructed it will be quite a task to read it from backup.xml without a wrapper that CustomBackup can quite easily provide.

Ah good, I was worried there might be too much customization and I wouldn't be able to keep it simple! This seems perfect!

Looking forward to it, it looks like a great addition to LSPDFR. Though, are there any plans on using RageNativeUI? Enabling spike strips, increasing and decreasing the severity and toggling roadblocks are a lot of keys. Since I have too many mods to be asked to remember all the keys, I think a menu would be useful here.