greenman

CLOSE NEARBY ROADS making all traffic disappear??

The CLOSE NEARBY ROADS is automatically selected apparently...   On a major hwy as soon as perform a traffic stop all the Hwy traffic starts to turn around or disappear. 

its causing a major hwy back up and looks like crap.  I hope the DEVS can look into this i would say this needs to be fixed asap.  

6 hours ago, The Loot said:

Happens during pursuits, too. Seems something in the process of both of those automatically activates the function.

Its actually a huge step back if u ask me...  Help me get the word out about it.  U look like u have been a member for a long time.  Can u Msg the DEVs? lol

Pie    1

I have also noticed this. I'll initiate a traffic stop do my business then move on and all the traffic down the road is still turning around.

I spoke to Sam briefly on steam about this the other day

Does it look like this?

WY62oSe.jpg

Apparently, 0.3 attempts to manage the traffic during a traffic stop to help keep it calm and prevent mayhem errupting. 

It apparently does this too well and thus stops all traffic spawning around you, if you look in the distance you can actually see cars being deleted. It has been confirmed as a bug  edit: not a bug

As for a fix, I'm not sure of when one is coming, that'll be something the testing / development team will have to answer

Edited by Harper

It does exactly what it is intended to, it literally closes the nearby roads.

There are two occasions where it is automatically used, both of which we will review:

• A less powerful version follows the suspect during a pursuit (the logic behind this is that people generally stay away from a massive police pursuit through a city)
  • On traffic stops, another version is used to decrease the flow of vehicles coming towards the player to ruin everything.

The version used on traffic stops is too powerful and probably wasn't that thought out (we didn't anticipate the effect it would have on highways for example)

Vehicles being 'deleted' is not a bug - the vehicles you see in the distance are not real - they are merely textures used by the game to represent vehicles at distance.  In normal circumstances, real vehicles are spawned to replace them as they fade out.  Since the roads are closed, real vehicles are not spawned.

There are no issues with the 'Close nearby roads' option in the interaction menu - it functions exactly as intended.

12 minutes ago, Sam said:

There are two occasions where it is automatically used, both of which we will review:

• A less powerful version follows the suspect during a pursuit (the logic behind this is that people generally stay away from a massive police pursuit through a city)
  • On traffic stops, another version is used to decrease the flow of vehicles coming towards the player to ruin everything.

The version used on traffic stops is too powerful and probably wasn't that thought out (we didn't anticipate the effect it would have on highways for example)

Vehicles being 'deleted' is not a bug - the vehicles you see in the distance are not real - they are merely textures used by the game to represent vehicles at distance.  In normal circumstances, real vehicles are spawned to replace them as they fade out.  Since the roads are closed, real vehicles are not spawned.

There are no issues with the 'Close nearby roads' option in the interaction menu - it functions exactly as intended.

Is there anything that we can adjust to make run a little more smoother?

17 hours ago, Sam said:

Would this be something that could be controllable via an INI file, perhaps?

Personally, I haven't noticed any problems, but I haven't been able to just sit down and play lately because I've been so busy developing on my plugins.

I don't mind the AI traffic on T-stops, actually. If it gets too crazy, I just use my Traffic Control plugin to slow them down. That usually makes them pretty calm.

45 minutes ago, Stealth22 said:

I don't mind the AI traffic on T-stops, actually. If it gets too crazy, I just use my Traffic Control plugin to slow them down. That usually makes them pretty calm.

That's also my experience. You get the very occasional idiot hitting you while you are writing your ticket but that's too rare to be an issue in my book (and well that happens IRL too, though you don't write a second ticket when that happens! :tongue: ).

It used to be problematic before FollowMe and then Mimic from Albo's plugin since stopped cars were in the middle of the lane most of time so you really were standing in the middle of traffic but now that we can pull them all the way to a side it is more manageable.

Edited by DLM3

17 minutes ago, DLM3 said:

It used to be problematic before FollowMe and then Mimic from Albo's plugin since stopped cars were in the middle of the lane most of time so you really were standing in the middle of traffic but now that we can pull them all the way to a side it is more manageable.

This! I actually never had/have problems with traffic during a stop. Mimic and/or follow brings us always in a safe place. And if you know the streets and highways (so the map) you know where the places for the best stopping possibilities are.:thumbsup: