KarlieTheKloss

GTA IV: On which platform do you think its best on?

Various crashes, texture loss. I prefer the stability of the console versions, seeing as the game was made for them.

PC simply because mods. GTA just isn't the same without mods. What do you do on console? Drive around in circles for hours, constantly kill people without reason, go bowling with Roman? All of that has to get boring... Believe me, I loved GTA before I started playing on PC, but since getting GTA SA (and later GTA IV) on PC and playing with mods...playing on a console is just boring. I actually find GTA V pretty boring since I can't mod it.

The problem is that most people mod their game more than their game can handle, and sometimes even their PC can handle. As long as you keep within the frames of vanilla GTA IV, you are fine. 

PC, I thought GTAIV was a flop PC & console, then I got LCPDFR. whole different perspective on it now.

Well, do you like GTA IV more on consoles or on PC? I personally think the console version is better, because you can play with almost no lag + no hackers in MP.

There's hackers in TBOGT MP. I encountered one the other day on Xbox.

PC, and why are you even asking? Consoles are overrated pieces of, you know what, sure you get CONSOLE EXCLUSIVES such as Dead Rising and all that, but that's why there are mods.

I'd have to go with PC for this one. I've played GTA IV for hours on console, but I enjoy playing it on PC more than I do on console because of mods.

There are still performance issues on consoles...specifically textures popping in as you move. If you drive too fast, some details might not load in, like light posts and signs. It's also a problem (probably worse) in GTA V.

PC. After playing GTA IV with an ENB and at 1080p along with much better vanilla graphics in general it was hard for me to even play GTA IV on my Xbox with a friend one day.

PC PC PC.. It's always going to be PC PC PC for mr :thumbsup:

-PC are Better, they just are :thumbsup:

Oh yea, texture pops on the console sometimes...a little lag every now and then too.  I do enjoy the casual gaming on the console, I have no qualms at all with my PS3. I bought it just for RDR and GTAV.  Going to grab Sleeping Dogs next if I like the demo.

PC version hands down due to the mods available, can't do much without them and the game just isn't the same without the mods.  When the PC version arrives for GTAV, the game will get the attention to detail and the spit-shine polish it's missing now.  The talented modders in wait will make up for the missing details, variety and game play.  

Both are cool, but PC rules.

DrDetroit