beman39

most annoying Add on for a game!!

I'm sorry but I just gotta say this has gotta be the most annoying and frustrating game add on I have ever played/experienced in  my life! After seeing many YouTube vids of awesome car chases and funny arrests and wicked police simulations vids from "GTA RCMP Clan" I decided I HAD to try this game out and enjoy another/different aspect of GTA 4 till GTA 5 comes out, but boy was I wrong to assume that this would be fun and enjoyable! I have had nothing but crashes/script errors/glitches and just poor all around bad experience with this add on! every mod you do makes the game fail or every script you install makes the game go wonky! sorry to be complaining on here in my first post, but I thought you guys should really know whats going on! had this been a little more enjoyable I would have not had a problem making a large donation for the efforts of bringing this to us for our enjoyment and taking the time to do this, but I can't in good conscious make a donation but to give my opinion and suggestion and say for the luv of gawd take a little more time and make this better! anyways I for one will be un-installing this add on and wait till GTA 5 eagerly comes out...good luck to all who try this mod, cuzz your gonna need it and lots of patience too!

First of all it's not a "Add on" it's a mod.

Second, We're sorry that it can't be a 100000% perfect script, We'd like to see you try and make it better, Gta 4 is unstable in some ways and it's not easy to code a mod perfect. For one you probably installed it wrong, or just don't understand anything about it.

Sorry that you're a newbie who knows jack shit about modding and the hard work that this modding community has put into it.

Go play some other, Shittier mod like Pursuit mod but don't come in here and start crying about how buggy it is or that you can't understand it.

Wrong section too.....I don't think there is even a section for this.

Hey buddy if you would like to code for a year and a half and make LCPD:FR by yourself that's great! Nobody asked you to install the modification into your game. I don't think you realize how hard it was to create LCPD:FR from scratch. Rockstar, from what I know, didn't include a simple manual about modding GTA 4. People had to create it from scratch. The errors and crashes may get annoying but if you don't like it you don't have to play it or tell other people "hey don't install this mod it has terrible crashes and errors". Have a good day.

Edited by Jewish_Banana

You must be new here. Here's a tip, don't insult and moan and complain about something you obviously know nothing about. Instead, a better route would have been to ask for assistance, but since you would rather discourage others from having their own experience with this mod, I really don't think us wasting our time to help or teach you how to use the game properly would be of any use to you or us since your just to much of a ****. Have a nice day.

This guy for real?  

You can't install it and get it working because you don't know what you're doing means it's a bad mod!?  You're just did a bad install and are clueless to ask for assistance.  

Too bad too, because this is the greatest mod for GTAIV of all time if you ask me.

Also, maybe if you learned to use paragraphs, it may help.  What's that word soup you got going anyhow?

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

I'd be amazed if you could install OpenIV without finding a way for it to make your computer blue-screen.

Don't like the mod, don't use it, but don't discourage other members not to install, just because you lack the knowledge to properly install a modification.

Have a fantastic evening.

I'm sorry but I just gotta say this has gotta be the most annoying and frustrating game add on I have ever played/experienced in  my life! After seeing many YouTube vids of awesome car chases and funny arrests and wicked police simulations vids from "GTA RCMP Clan" I decided I HAD to try this game out and enjoy another/different aspect of GTA 4 till GTA 5 comes out, but boy was I wrong to assume that this would be fun and enjoyable! I have had nothing but crashes/script errors/glitches and just poor all around bad experience with this add on! every mod you do makes the game fail or every script you install makes the game go wonky! sorry to be complaining on here in my first post, but I thought you guys should really know whats going on! had this been a little more enjoyable I would have not had a problem making a large donation for the efforts of bringing this to us for our enjoyment and taking the time to do this, but I can't in good conscious make a donation but to give my opinion and suggestion and say for the luv of gawd take a little more time and make this better! anyways I for one will be un-installing this add on and wait till GTA 5 eagerly comes out...good luck to all who try this mod, cuzz your gonna need it and lots of patience too!

Ok... I try to be helpful & "nice" when on the forums BUT when you discriminate a amazing mod that made several hundreds of people get GTAIV which help pays for GTAV (which may not come out on PC). Okay if you have a problem with the mod simply remove it and dont come acting like a ass*ole on the forums where people who are looking at the mod will be discouraged to download it. I know you installed it wrong because this is post looks like a 10 year old posted it with all the grammar mistakes. Please stay off lcpdfr.com if you just gonna be rude to the creators & players of the mod. Also look at all the youtubers who recorded with LCPDFR with very few crashes you need to play it for your computer to get used to it because my computer at first crashed every 20 minutes but now it barely crashes.

PS.Our community is huge and you are having a bad start getting extremely disliked :sleep:

Here you go Ms. Impatient

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+install+lcpdfr+tutorial

(Or if your not patient enough)

Considering we have around 80,000 members, and I around 1,000 gallery images, I think it is pretty safe to say that you are not speaking the popular opinion. If you don't like the mod, simply go about your day, and leave us alone. This mod was a great idea for those who aspire to be cops one day, or for those who want a break from stealing cars, shooting cops, or any other task that comes with the game.

You don't think they are aware of what is going on? They have games as well. How do you think Sam came up with the idea? Also, there is about a topic a day complaining about their game not working. It is almost impossible to make the mod 100% perfect. The Developing Team is working on it right now. Every new Candidate is made trying to make it as stable as possible. Part of the fun of the mod is trying to correct any problems you may be facing. Though I doubt this was intentional, this mod actually made me learn more about my game and how it works.

If you don't want to put in the work to fix things when they break, this mod isn't for you, nor any other mods currently up for download.

If your wondering how to fix your game, so you can keep this mod, try looking at the LCPDFR Support section.

I know you installed it wrong because this is post looks like a 10 year old posted it with all the grammar mistakes.

I agree with what your saying, but are you really the one to plead that case?

Considering we have around 80,000 members, and I around 1,000 gallery images, I think it is pretty safe to say that you are not speaking the popular opinion. If you don't like the mod, simply go about your day, and leave us alone. This mod was a great idea for those who aspire to be cops one day, or for those who want a break from stealing cars, shooting cops, or any other task that comes with the game.

You don't think they are aware of what is going on? They have games as well. How do you think Sam came up with the idea? Also, there is about a topic a day complaining about their game not working. It is almost impossible to make the mod 100% perfect. The Developing Team is working on it right now. Every new Candidate is made trying to make it as stable as possible. Part of the fun of the mod is trying to correct any problems you may be facing. Though I doubt this was intentional, this mod actually made me learn more about my game and how it works.

If you don't want to put in the work to fix things when they break, this mod isn't for you, nor any other mods currently up for download.

If your wondering how to fix your game, so you can keep this mod, try looking at the LCPDFR Support section.

I agree with what your saying, but are you really the one to plead that case?

No, But I try my best and why most annyoing Add on for the game!! & please I dont wanna start a fight with you because I simply agree with but are you...... & I love the skins you make!

No, But I try my best and why most annyoing Add on for the game!! & please I dont wanna start a fight with you because I simply agree with but are you...... & I love the skins you make!

Actually, I wasn't. That comment just came off as hypocritical to me. Also, Thank you. :)

I've got a feeling you haven't troubleshooted your problem, I've been using this mod since 0.91 and while I do have the occasional crash / script error, its simple to fix. Please could you answer these questions?

1. What version is your game? Have you updated it at all?

2. Did you run the installer as an administrator?

3. Could you post your PC Specifications?

4. Do you have any other script mods installed?

5. Have you installed any car mods? / ELS?

0/10

Obvious troll is obvious. Lost it at the part with the "large donation". Everyone should calm down a little and stop giving that person what he wants - your attention.

^ LOL

Also you and everyone else that's been posting memes and two-worders, avoid making pointless posts like that in the future, thanks.

I can play 3 hours straight without a bug or crash, probably longer (I would get headaches if I played any longer without long breaks).

You're not doing something right. If you need support, we could help you fix it and get your game running smoothly. I suggest you give it a chance. It wouldn't take long.

This problem is on your end, not ours. LCPDFR, at its best, should run for long periods of time, with little to no crashes and in-game errors. It all depends on your PC and other factors (such as other modifications installed).

This is an insult to both the community and the hardworking developers who spend part of their lives and free time making this modification with minimal resources.

LCPDFR RC2 is far from perfect, but new releases are being developed with improved stability and features. This topic goes into it a bit more: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

If you are willing to give this modification a second chance, which you should, I suggest downloading the G17 Media Diagnostics tool, which can be found here: http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/index.php/files/file/2-g17-media-iv-diagnostics-tool-043/

Then create a topic in the LCPDFR Support Requests section: http://www.lcpdfr.com/forum/20-support-requests/

Nick

If you don't like it don't play it and also why would you make an account just for the sake of dissing this mod?

Trust me, they cut out all the crashes. Also, Glen has a pretty stable computer and some how RCMP manage not to crash. But whenever you hear someone saying "10-7" it's game crash, 10-35 is off duty. I'm pretty sure you hear 10-7 a lot, but we don't pay attention to other people, we pay attention to Glen. 

I think this thread has gone on long enough, most people seem to be repeating what has already been said by others.

If the OP returns, he can freely send me a private message should he want this re-opened.

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.
If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.