br100x

GTA IV 75% off on steam!

Just to let you all know, GTA IV is currently selling for $4.99 on steam ($7.49 for GTA+EFLC). I know most of you already own it, but I figured I would post it anyway in case you had a friend that wanted it or something.

EDIT: GTA IV is no longer 75% off, but if you missed the sale, it will still be 50% off until July 22nd.

Edited by br100x

Nope, can't beat that at all. I bought EFLC last time this sale was on and it was worth every penny 

Nope, can't beat that at all. I bought EFLC last time this sale was on and it was worth every penny 

I just bought EFLC. I can't wait for it to download! :D

I bought EFLC too from Steam a few days ago :P I had the disc version but I find the Steam version easier to use, and it was only 7,49€ so it wasnt that bad.

Also, thanks for the heads-up :)

I like playing EFLC more than IV also, my PC seems to run it better too and it doesn't crash as much. I only really use IV to play online since my buddies have that

Thanks for posting this. They have GTA The Complete Pack, which has GTAIII, Vice City, San Andreas, IV and EFLC for $12.49 altogether.

I currently have the Gamefly download of IV(EFLC) and I can't play LCPDFR in any version other than IV, so I went with this so that I can freely play TLAD or TBOGT freely. Plus, now I have the classics to play as well.

I wish I can buy it, I have IV disc version and I do have steam but no games - Because of my flipping Bad Flipping internet

I wish I can buy it, I have IV disc version and I do have steam but no games - Because of my flipping Bad Flipping internet

If you have the disk version, you can use the files you got from that.

Buy GTA IV on Steam.

Start the download and let it download for 10 minutes.

Exit Steam (don't leave it open in tray or something).

You install GTA IV from the disk (it's important you get a new, unmodded installation).

You navigate to the folder you installed GTA IV in (for example Program Files (x86)Rockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IV)

You select and copy all the contents from the folder.

Then you navigate to SteamsteamappscommonGrand Theft Auto IVGTAIV (if the directories Grand Theft Auto IV and GTAIV don't exist, create them)

You paste the files and folders you copied earlier into the GTAIV folder I mentioned in the step above.

Now you start steam and tell it to resume the download (if it didn't by its own already). It will realize, that it has most of the files it needs and the download will jump to something like 95%. It will basically just download the Patch 7 and Steam's executable and then it's done.

After that you can uninstall your Disk installation.

And voila! That's how you save alot of bandwidth ;)

If you have the disk version, you can use the files you got from that.

Buy GTA IV on Steam.

Start the download and let it download for 10 minutes.

Exit Steam (don't leave it open in tray or something).

You install GTA IV from the disk (it's important you get a new, unmodded installation).

You navigate to the folder you installed GTA IV in (for example Program Files (x86)Rockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IV)

You select and copy all the contents from the folder.

Then you navigate to SteamsteamappscommonGrand Theft Auto IVGTAIV (if the directories Grand Theft Auto IV and GTAIV don't exist, create them)

You paste the files and folders you copied earlier into the GTAIV folder I mentioned in the step above.

Now you start steam and tell it to resume the download (if it didn't by its own already). It will realize, that it has most of the files it needs and the download will jump to something like 95%. It will basically just download the Patch 7 and Steam's executable and then it's done.

After that you can uninstall your Disk installation.

And voila! That's how you save alot of bandwidth ;)

Thanks, Very helpful Information 

Edited by empire3010