gsp318

New laptop...

I'm looking to purchase a new alien ware laptop...but before I spend that kind of money, are these specs good enough to play GTA IV with a lot of high poly mods? If not can you guys tell me where I could find a lap top that will? 

OPERATING SYSTEM Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, English edit MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz edit HARD DRIVE 750GB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200 RPM) edit VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5 edit LCD PANEL 17.3" WLED HD+ (1600 x 900) Anti-Glare Display edit SUPPORT 1 Year Alienware Basic Support

A GTX770? Are you kidding? That'll run fine. What processor does it have though?

I would advise against buying Alienware, from what I've read they are heavily overpriced and are not particularly reliable either. 

These processors are what I have to choose from...and they are over priced but what other laptops would be good enough to play with all these mods? I've only heard of alien ware being the best from folks ive talked to.

• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz)
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz)
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4930MX processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)

I'm not spec savvy at all, especially not with laptops, but any of those processors and that graphics card should run fine. In-fact, that laptop puts my tower to shame.  :geek:

In my opinon, don't but alienware. 

It comes filled with pre-installed crap and alienware has got some pretty bad reviews out there. But again, it's my opinion. 

I think the overall experience will be better on a tower, not a laptop :)

I'd choose the i7-4930MX but it'll be about $4000, checked the website ^^

I'd say choose the best if you have the money, if not choose the second the 4800MQ :P

JM

I'd love to have a tower...they're even cheaper but I do a lot of traveling and plus I work the night shift at work from 7p-7a...and were aloud to have laptops and id love to take the game on the go with me...do you guys know of any better/cheaper laptops with close to the same specs?

@jokermods I'm looking to spend the 1200-1300 lol 

This is what I'm running now on my tower...and I can't run ELS 7 because of XP and I cant run high poly mods because my memory runs out fast... 

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Pentium E2180 @ 2.00GHz 41 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
3.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0RY007 (Socket 775) 40 °C
Graphics
DELL IN1910N (1024x768@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce 9500 GT (EVGA) 52 °C
Hard Drives
233GB Seagate ST3250310AS (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I've only heard of alien ware being the best from folks ive talked to.

The persons you've talked to obviously have no clue.

Any of those processors you have listed should do fine for gaming. Just make sure you get a quad core i7.

What's the best gaming laptop out there then? I've googled several but what is the best?

I personally use an MSI GT70 0NE-452US but there are newer versions.  There's no "best gaming laptop" out there, just personal choice.  I would recommend looking at the MSI range of gaming laptops.

I really suck at recognizing what specs I need lol...I just know what I have now isn't working enough. It works but it crashes when I use high poly mods.

do keep in mind that alienware is "just" Dell, so I suggest you buy like a toshiba laptop with some good specs and they never let you down! Well thats just personal experience but mkay.

Dude those are great specs! Those are like my specs but I have a desktop and not a piece of crap Alienware. I know a lot of people that had an Alienware and they said they suck. I would get and Asus laptop with the same specs. That is my opinion.

I'm an ASUS fanboy aswell, the new G750 and N550 series look sweet and should be okay for gaming.

These processors are what I have to choose from...and they are over priced but what other laptops would be good enough to play with all these mods? I've only heard of alien ware being the best from folks ive talked to.

• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz)
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz)
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4930MX processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)

In one of my threads about PC Specs, it was recommended to have at least 2.8GHz to 3.2GHz for GTA IV and LCPDFR.

So with either of those processors would most likely be fine.

Use the pinned thread

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.
If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.