Everything posted by Will
-
Siren used in ELS V7 Preview videos
I can also provide a link.
-
Siren used in ELS V7 Preview videos
Touchmaster Delta installation file: "Do NOT redistribute without my permission." (assuming I have the same file) I don't see anything for the Omega one.
-
Nail Gun
Did you install the taser during setup? If so, try going to the scripts folder and opening FirstResponse.ini. Then change "ShowHolsteredTaserOnPlayer = False" to "ShowHolsteredTaserOnPlayer = True"
-
LCPDFR not quite working
Are you using .95? If so, are you pressing Alt-P or Ctrl-P or both?
-
Siren used in ELS V7 Preview videos
All he knows is that it's a Federal Signal. He doesn't even know where he found it. However with the wonderful Google, I manged to find it based on Matosh's suggestions. It is in fact the FS Unitrol Omega 90 K, made by Lt. Caine. He does also use the Touchmaster Delta's "scan" tone, which isn't included in the Omega siren thing.
- Announcing ELS V7 (UPDATE 02/05)
-
Trying to download LCDPFR First Response 0.91 and get error
Read and follow the instructions
-
ELS V7 - Setup guide
You shouldn't post the same thing in multiple topics. Everything here is explained in the manual included. If you have to hold down a key for it to work or the key simply doesn't work in ELS 7: Check every .asi mod you have. If any key interferes with ELS you have to change it in one of the scripts' configuration files. I found this out because I had to hold down the key for takedowns and cruise lights since I also had the keys to change radio stations on my mobile radio mod set to those. Changing the keys in the radio mod fixed this problem. Note: this suggestion isn't directed towards the quoted post - you have to hold down T because that's the manual siren button (also changes the siren when it is activated)
-
ELS V7 - An Install Guide
Firstly, this has already been made multiple times. Secondly, all of the vehicles are on by default in the the newest release (this and a key guide are the only updates) Thirdly, Alt-M shouldn't work for the panel and it's really weird if it does.
-
How to get ELS v7 to work!
All of that is explained in ELS USER GUIDE.pdf
-
vdH PoliceHelper 1.2.0 beta
Oh is that what "System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." means? I always thought it was some random error thing that always comes up..lol, never thought of it actually meaning an error with memory overloading! Yeah, the double thing isn't really a problem, it just confused me when it happened.
-
Siren used in ELS V7 Preview videos
If you don't get a clear answer, I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him on Steam. I've been wondering the same but never felt like asking.
-
Slow GTA IV
Very slow. HD Graphics is integrating into the CPU, and integrated cards are not made for gaming.
-
vdH PoliceHelper 1.2.0 beta
Correct. I have an error report from Police Helper though (kind of a long story, so bear with me). I stopped to help a motorist with his broken down vehicle (not part of any script, just normal GTA IV spawned person), then decided it needed to be towed. When I opened PoliceHelper to call a tow truck, a wounded person came up to me and another PoliceHelper opened behind my current one. I closed my current opened one, which then also closed the one behind it, which then made me punch the motorist I was helping, who then started attacking me. I pressed shift-x to call an ambulance for the injured person sometime in there, too. I then took a gun out to shoot the attacker, which then made a passenger in a vehicle passing by shoot at me, killing me. The ambulance had already spawned for the injured person. When I spawned at the hospital, my game immediately crashed with this error message: 2013-05-09 23:10:01 - Error during Tick in script 'vdH.PHelper': System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at Scripting.?A0xf88de8d2.GetInteriorFromChar(Int32 , Int32* ) at GTA.Ped.get_CurrentRoom() at GTA.Object.AttachToPed(Ped Ped, Bone Bone, Vector3 PositionOffset, Vector3 Rotation) at vdH.EMS.AttachBag() at vdH.EMS.timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) at GTA.Timer.EachTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at GTA.Script.DoTick() at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick() 2013-05-09 23:10:01 - Error in Thread.Abort: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted. at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() at System.Threading.Thread.Abort() at GTA.NetThread.Abort() From what I can see it was a problem with the EMS bag...probably because I died while it was spawning on the paramedic ped, but I don't know. Also, I'd like to point out a bug I mentioned in the story where a second PHelper will open when an injured person walks up to you when you already have PHelper opened for another reason (I have mine set to only pause in a vehicle).
-
ELS 7 - It's here!
What people having problems could try is only installing the ELS folder, ELS.asi, and ELS.ini (and the visual settings in the common folder if you want to), and NOT dsound.dll or ScriptHook.dll. That's what I did (I'm using the dsound and ScriptHook provided by the LCPDFR installation) and it works perfectly fine.
-
ELS V7 - Setup guide
You make another file with all of the configuration settings. Every car can have its own config, but cars can also share configs. If you want to set different colors then you follow the steps again for a different car and name the file something else.
-
How to get ELS v7 to work!
It's not one by default because not everyone will have ELS cars in every slot. You can enable each ELS enabled car manually; it isn't that hard. If you want to just install and play and not learn how to use it, then use a less sophisticated mod.
-
ELS 7 - It's here!
Now we just need NB's new car pack so we can actually have cars set up the way they should be :)
-
ELS v7 Not responding to commands
I had a problem with the Menu not coming up with the default Ctrl-M, and the new "Express mode" with Ctrl-backspace, so I changed them to RShift-L and RShift-Enter and it works fine. Might be a problem with the ctrl key being set as Combo.
-
05/02/13 - New Artwork and Screenshots
Is it me or does the front police car look like a Buffalo or Taurus-based car while the second looks like the Vapid?
-
Need help buying/building or upgrading a computer?
Those Pop-Tarts are an excellent choice, they should help run GTA IV with no problem :p But, as unr3al said, you should get a newer CPU. Intel i5 at least, I would say; for AMD I don't know what a minimum CPU would be, but I have the AMD FX-8120 8 core 3.1 GHz (overclocked to 3.4 GHz) and it works perfectly fine for me.
-
lcpdfr installation failed(readonly wont uncheck)
Weird...I don't know, man.
- Guess Who?
-
[WIP] black and white police skins
-
Direct3d Lost then found
When you uninstalled the spotlight, did you remove the line from images.txt? Also, what version of ELS do you have?