willpv23

New vdH Police Helper PREVIEW!!

Here is a preview of one of the new features in the next version of vdH Police Helper!!

There is no set release day yet - it will be released when it is ready.

Edited by willpv23

That's a great feature since I already do stings with the street walkers.  Man I've been eagerly waiting for this.  Do you know if it plays nice with the K-9 script of his too?

K-9 should work just fine, but dog can be a little confused sometimes, so I suggest not using "quick attack" button near our girl :)

Nice to see mod in action. This mission is a bit harder than bait car as here I do not create suspect. He is picked form random peds and as you could see in fist part of video no traffic = no suspects. Also session with prostitution sting can end with few calm arrests without any action, or massive pursuits with shots fired inside suspects car and female officer thrown out of it while doing 60mph.

and it's the smaller feature of two main things that will come with PoliceHelper 1.5 ;)

Wow! That's just amazing that Abraxas was able to code something like that and incorporate into police helper! I have never anticipated a mod to be released more than I anticipate the newest police helper! :smile:

Will have some videos posted tomorrow on my youtube after I download and test it!!

this is awesome

I  love  how willpv23 was disappointed his first spot didn't work / some of his comments

Also some of the smart*** comments that were included with/ in  the script like " another bites the dust "

Edited by K-9 police 9

Abraxas, is it possible to record audio from someone and play it along with the new PH? So that Kate (and the suspects) actually say things instead of having them be text.

It is possible, but it would require a lot more work. Also you would not have control over volume of that speech (it would not be the same volume as set in game). Plus, it would work only as a radio, because I'm unable to play custom audio files from ped position (that's why you have to install sounds for K-9 mod instead of just putting them into scripts directory).

There is one more advantage of text. I can change it and add new scenarios and text without need of recording new audio again.

Depends

If he is running away she will eventually try to stop him, which may end in various ways.

If they just drive whole thing will wait until you pull them over.

looks great really looking forward to this.  Will add so much to this game as a great addition.

This is an awesome mod, still no date on when it will be released, Abraxas is working with a few people to sort out bugs

may I make a suggestion? any chance to take off the limit of cones we can use? its such a smooth way of laying down cones and barriers but i seem to run out before a get a good scene going

may I make a suggestion? any chance to take off the limit of cones we can use? its such a smooth way of laying down cones and barriers but i seem to run out before a get a good scene going

I've suggested this to Abraxas

I think PH will crash with more cones.  The way Abraxas does the barriers in general, from what I remember him explaining, is he spawns a cop just below grade which is what makes the cars stop, and the cone is placed on top of the cop, at grade level.  So the more cones, the more cops that spawn, the more chance of freezing or crashing.  I think that is why there is a limit to the number of cones/barriers available.

DrDetroit