domadouch

HELP WITH TRAFFIC

I have used traffic flow but that barely changed anything and a lot of police and ambulance were appearing, but is there another thing i can download so that i have traffic or more cars?

Try going into your settings and turning up your Vehicle Density to about 45-50. That will increase the number of cars on the street and more traffic. Trafficflow just spawns more of a variety of cars and will increase the number of cars in traffic as well. Try reloading that file or reinstall it by deleting your old traffic flow file and download the file again. 

I used to use TrafficLoad, but I kept having random CTDs. I switched to TrafficFlow, and my game has pretty stable since then, though I do miss the full range of cars being able to spawn.

This goes back to the whole, more cars, less stability aspect of GTA.

I use trafficflow(see my vids) and I do not have any issues with it.

Its up to you as its mainly a decision of whether you want diversity or stability or both(you can edit your traffic flow.ini file to customize what cars spawn).

Maybe try TrafficLoad and see if you CTD/lose textures.

GTA is a great game for exploring different scripts and finding out which ones Nuke your game and system and which ones run like a beaut. 

:D

Good luck man

This goes back to the whole, more cars, less stability aspect of GTA.

I use trafficflow(see my vids) and I do not have any issues with it.

Its up to you as its mainly a decision of whether you want diversity or stability or both(you can edit your traffic flow.ini file to customize what cars spawn).

Maybe try TrafficLoad and see if you CTD/lose textures.

GTA is a great game for exploring different scripts and finding out which ones Nuke your game and system and which ones run like a beaut. 

:D

Good luck man

You hit the nail on the head Beckugan1....more cars the more issues with stability...no matter the machine (for the most part).

I use Traffic Load without issue or texture pop simply because I keep my main police cars (1,2,3,4, noose, FBI) under 1meg WFT file with no ELS.  There are some really nice non-els, low-mid poly cars out there under 1meg,  The only car-slot I mod with a really nice, high poly, ELS ride is my nstockade OR pstockade and even then I get a tiny bit of texture flash from time to time, but it's sporadic and pops back so fast that it's well worth it for the car I'm using.

Good day,

DrDetroit

try chikamru real traffic. Doesnt cause missing textures and doesnt strain your system. 

http://www.gta4modz.com/mod/misc/chikamru-real-traffic-6283

I just tried it and it does work very well.  No texture bug or taxi bug what-so-ever.  Even with several ELS high-poly cars, no prob ...thanks for the link on this traffic fix, I'm going to use this one for awhile. 

The one option I love with Traffic Load is you can double the amount of peds (without doubling the cars) and it really jams up the sidwalks...looks life-like.  Oh well..

Thanks for the heads up!

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

I just tried it and it does work very well.  No texture bug or taxi bug what-so-ever.  Even with several ELS high-poly cars, no prob ...thanks for the link on this traffic fix, I'm going to use this one for awhile. 

The one option I love with Traffic Load is you can double the amount of peds (without doubling the cars) and it really jams up the sidwalks...looks life-like.  Oh well..

Thanks for the heads up!

Good day,

DrDetroit

No problem! Enjoy! :)

Yeah, Chikamru's Real Traffic was the only traffic fix that worked on my old 500MB car pack lol :D Ive been using it since the release of it :)

Also NickieB & Beckugan1 LOL :D

Yeah, Chikamru's Real Traffic was the only traffic fix that worked on my old 500MB car pack lol :D Ive been using it since the release of it :)

Also NickieB & Beckugan1 LOL :D

Do you use the commandline.txt that came with it?  I'm not using it, seems to run fine without it...don't really notice a difference either way.  Just qurious what it's for? I'm assuming the commandlines most effective with pre-1.0.7 games.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Do you use the commandline.txt that came with it?  I'm not using it, seems to run fine without it...don't really notice a difference either way.  Just qurious what it's for? I'm assuming the commandlines most effective with pre-1.0.7 games.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Nop.. I dont use the commandline that came with it