NefariousBonne

NefariousBonne & DukSezQuak's WIP Thread

You were probably linked here via our ELS vanilla pack; so first and foremost welcome, and thanks for stopping by.

The response has been quite nice, plenty of comments, reviews and featured in less than 24 hours, all that good stuff; very nice for a pack of vanilla cars. So I guess a bit of backstory; originally, this pack was going to be a one off, initial release and that's it, I'd stop by and patch/fix bugs and address issues that arose; but that's it. Noting the feedback we've gotten; we cannot do that; so we opted to instead expand the pack. So far, we are going to do two expansions; dubbed "patch 1" and "county pack". Patch 1 is currently being worked on, and will expand the LSPD to include the Riot, the Insurgent, the Maverick and the Predator. The county pack; which will come later, will include the Sheriffs and Park Rangers.

Riot:

Spoiler

271590_20170313145255_1.thumb.png.32ad4b18ea018227436772e7278c2b97.png

(Forgot to swap out my visualsettings.dat; so excuse the dull emissives)

In addition; due to the response to the rear traffic advisor; which uses 7-8-9-9-8-7 as a pattern, will be converted to 7-7-8-8-9-9 in a future update; converting it from a unique setup to a standard t/a pattern.

@DukSezQuak and myself will try to keep this up to date with what we're working on. If lore cars aren't your thing; we have future plans regarding non-lore stuff, it's only in the talking phase, and we'll touch upon it when appropriate.

If you got here via the forums; you can check out the vanilla ELS pack here: 

One thing I really wanted to incorporate with the new 'tactical unit' pack was a worn down type texture. Every vehicle except for the helicopter has some sort of worn effect to it, scraped and tattered like a roughed up tactical unit would typically look after plenty of use.

I shall now proceed to spam the topic with screenshots. Okay, just one for now.

Grand Theft Auto V 03.13.2017 - 16.37.37.03.png

1 minute ago, HankVoight said:

I'd love to see the Riot with a the rambar the BCSO Riot had in RDE 

This? I'll consider it; not sure how it would look on the Riot, but neat idea. I'll extract it and see how it looks.

Spoiler

Stockade.thumb.PNG.aa910a42ad78950ef27543e8741c0f6f.PNG

57 minutes ago, NefariousBonne said:

This? I'll consider it; not sure how it would look on the Riot, but neat idea. I'll extract it and see how it looks.

Hide contents

Stockade.thumb.PNG.aa910a42ad78950ef27543e8741c0f6f.PNG

Yeah that, without it the Riot just looks real plain and box like

@NefariousBonne has been working his magic on some 'old school' Los Santos cruisers, which will be released in short time. He has made a Stanier and a Buffalo.

I, have also made some textures to go with them. Using the same method I did with the Tactical units, I 'roughed' up the decals a bit, to make them seem truly old school.

Spoiler

N32nULR.png"Spare 91 attending a flooding emergency after a heavy downpour of rain."

OJ56BJ5.png"Spare 51 responding through the rainy streets to a possible fight in progress"

Those older cruisers would work amazingly in the sheriff slots! 

Unless of course, you already have some sheriff units in mind?

8 minutes ago, Jakeus said:

Those older cruisers would work amazingly in the sheriff slots! 

Unless of course, you already have some sheriff units in mind?

You could use those as Sheriff vehicles; but we do have a full Sheriff fleet in the works, so we'll probably also have a "SheriffOld", or older Sheriff vehicle as well in that style.

Sneak pic from my gallery:

Spoiler

271590_20170324220637_1.thumb.png.ba5dbced09b2b1014ecfa10990114466.png

11 minutes ago, NefariousBonne said:

Yes; a Fugitive is planned for the Sheriff pack.

Reveal hidden contents

271590_20170325203657_1.thumb.png.387482846ae058994fc0d6cf7a29170d.png

Just one last question are these capable of using the RDE skins also will there be an addon pack

2 minutes ago, EthanBlewitt said:

Just one last question are these capable of using the RDE skins also will there be an addon pack

Yes they use the same templates as the RDE vehicles; as for an addon pack, that's not something that has been considered.

Hi I am having an issue where the lights won't work, when I try to use them the car either has solid lights on or some are on and some are off, I have installed all the POLICE 1-6.xml files into "ELS\pack_default\filename.xml" Thanks :)

16 hours ago, ebolavictim said:

Hi I am having an issue where the lights won't work, when I try to use them the car either has solid lights on or some are on and some are off, I have installed all the POLICE 1-6.xml files into "ELS\pack_default\filename.xml" Thanks :)

Do you have ELS installed? If not get it here: 

12 hours ago, ebolavictim said:

Yes I do have it installed.

It is doing it for all the vehicles that use ELS.

http://prntscr.com/eqmv7d

Make sure the ELS VCF files are in a folder (the pack includes "pack_NB-DSQ") which you should have drag and dropped into your ELS folder, then gone into your ELS.ini file, and made sure that ELS is loading the folder with your VCFs. You'll want your "VcfContainerFolder" line to be VcfContainerFolder = FOLDERYOUWANTLOADED. For example; VcfContainerFolder = pack_NB-DSQ

For those who haven't caught it yet; we did release a patch to the ELS pack today.

Update 2.0

• Main fleet redone to have takedowns and proper traffic advisor
  • Added takedowns
  • Reworked rear traffic advisor
    • Changed pattern from 7-8-9-9-8-7 to 7-7-8-8-9-9
    • Dummy positions have been fixed, VCF files updated to allow emissive amber lighting 
    • Changed secondary lighting from "leds" to "traf" in VCFs
  • Fixed texture issue on the Buffalo
    • Slogan was absent, this is now fixed
  • Added alternate ELS textures
    • Some users complained the vanilla emissive textures were too dull