ThisIsntMyName

ELS V - Why I Won't Use It For A Couple Weeks

As of ELS V releasing, there is only 1 car out that works with it. It is very boring to use the same car so this is why I will not be using ELS for a couple weeks. My plan is to wait until more cars for ELS V are released and more skins. Personally I need to have different cars with the same department skins or It just feels off. 

22 minutes ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

Personally I need to have different cars with the same department skins

Lmao just change the skin on the vehicle? :) I feel the same but i usually just change the skin on the vehicle :)

Please do not message me for support or if we have not already established a line of communication. Any Personal Messages containing support questions will be ignored and deleted.

Join the LCPDFR.com community run server - https://discord.gg/UyQNtH2

8 minutes ago, Slendis said:

Lmao just change the skin on the vehicle? :) I feel the same but i usually just change the skin on the vehicle :)

Yeah I know i could do that for the whole 8 slots, but personally it still comes down the same car in every slot.

12 minutes ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

Yeah I know i could do that for the whole 8 slots, but personally it still comes down the same car in every slot.

Wait? You want the same car in every slot?

Please do not message me for support or if we have not already established a line of communication. Any Personal Messages containing support questions will be ignored and deleted.

10 minutes ago, Slendis said:

Wait? You want the same car in every slot?

well if i have 1 ELS car, it would only make sense to have it in the other car slots. Also, do you know if the AI police are still able to turn on their lights and if so does ELS work on them? Just a random thought i came up with when i was replying :)

Edited by ThisIsntMyName

8 minutes ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

well if i have 1 ELS car, it would only make sense to have it in the other car slots. Also, do you know if the AI police are still able to turn on their lights and if so does ELS work on them?

Yes. I have BxBugs's ELS CVPI in the ''police'' slot, and AI activates ELS. And i have non-els cars in the other slots and the lights works as normal.

10 minutes ago, Slendis said:

Yes. I have BxBugs's ELS CVPI in the ''police'' slot, and AI activates ELS. And i have non-els cars in the other slots and the lights works as normal.

Lol, I didn't even think that i could use it in only 1 slot. I'm stupid :tongue: Thanks for the answer!

Edited by ThisIsntMyName

I'll personally not use it because 1/ I've a bad memory of ELS crashing my game every fifteen minutes on GTA IV, and 2/ because vanilla lights are just as good without all the trouble of having to have ELS-enabled cars with the configs coming with them.

#vanillalightsteam :)

The biggest reason why I want ELS is because of the steady glow option available for the corners of the lightbar (for cruising around with lights not activated).  The rest is cool and an added bonus.

Check out my YouTube Channel: YouTube.com/IggyFresh
Self-built Mini ITX PC: 4.5GHz i5 6600k OC'ed, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070 8GB SC, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooled

1 hour ago, ScarletDraconis said:

I'll personally not use it because 1/ I've a bad memory of ELS crashing my game every fifteen minutes on GTA IV, and 2/ because vanilla lights are just as good without all the trouble of having to have ELS-enabled cars with the configs coming with them.

You know there is an option in the config to have a hybrid vehicle? For instance, a directional bar, and the rest of the car using carcols? Hoping someone does something like this!

3 hours ago, ScarletDraconis said:

ELS V is by far superior to ELS IV. It has been worked on for over a year. The system has been worked on and tested thoroughly. It is very stable, and while you may see some performance decrease I can bet it will never be as bad as IV.   

4 hours ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

As of ELS V releasing, there is only 1 car out that works with it. It is very boring to use the same car so this is why I will not be using ELS for a couple weeks. My plan is to wait until more cars for ELS V are released and more skins. Personally I need to have different cars with the same department skins or It just feels off. 

On the contrary, I believe ELS V cars will be flooding the LCPDFR site in the next few days and weeks, and even months. I know DEV's such as my self have been just dying to get their paws on ELS V. The functionality and just overall awesomeness will spark the creativity of many DEVS out there. Especially because most of the newer DEVs that have come from V modding have never been able to mod for ELS they will be surprised at how much they can do. I'd say get ready for some really awesome stuff! 

MattJeter_Modifications-800x200-Transpar

Long standing Vehicle Developer at Code 3 Customz

4 hours ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

I agree and I might add Buggs has the same old recycled  2011 FCV,It is almost 2017.Maybe he could do something from say 2016.ya think.

Edited by billiarboy

21 minutes ago, billiarboy said:

I agree and I might add Buggs has the same old recycled  2011 FCV,It is almost 2017.Maybe he could do something from say 2016.ya think.

yea, I hope. In my local department they got rid of all their crown vics so I only see FPIS, FPIU, and Tahoe PPV's. I hope he does something such as a FPIU, Tahoe, or FPIS.

9 minutes ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

yea, I hope. In my local department they got rid of all their crown vics so I only see FPIS, FPIU, and Tahoe PPV's. I hope he does something such as a FPIU, Tahoe, or FPIS.

I never see the OLD FCV's  in service anywhere. I live in a major metropolitan area. Don't see any when I travel.

2 hours ago, billiarboy said:

Maybe he could do something from say 2016

He probably will. :)

11 minutes ago, Slendis said:

He probably will. :)

I hope so,because the FCV,s  are pretty much perfection from him.Look forward to what he can do with a newer model!

Edited by billiarboy

It is ideal to me to have the same vehicles in multiple spots, I am a fan of uniformity. If I put a different vehicle it will likely be a couple of unmarked units with variations of black or gray color. Typically I tend to stay with one manufacturer as well. So for ford i would have a mixture of ford unmarked cvpi, or unmarked fipu's with the marked cvpis. To each their own though. :)

To me I think there is enough visual enhancement mods (carcol edits for light patterns and visual data edits for brightness etc). to make a good fleet go along with the one ELS car no problem.

The only thing I am waiting on now is albo to update his plugins, vanilla lspdfr is hard to play now after being spoiled by those sweet enhancements. 

"Over the years, we do some things,
some good, some bad. Decisions that help one person and hurt another. In the end, we make sacrifices, live with them."

9 hours ago, ThisIsntMyName said:

You're not the only one who won't use it - for a while.  My plan is to just use what I have until I see more vehicle modelers update their current vehicles (if possible) to be compatible with ELS V.

Moved to GTA V Modding Discussion & Information as this is not directly related to LSPDFR.

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

22 hours ago, ScarletDraconis said:

I stopped playing GTA IV because of this, but it's pretty much FUD when it comes to GTA V.

GTA V ELS (and GTA V + Scripthook/ragehook mods in general) are extremely stable and are more likely to crash themselves and stop working than to crash the engine.

That's not to say there aren't a few bad apples out there or that ELS will never segfault your game but I would at least suggest to not promote the idea that ELS in GTA V is or might be unstable just because of anecdotes from a completely different game.

For what it's worth, I've probably played longer with ELS on GTA V already than my longest run in months of GTA IV.

1 hour ago, gp said:

I stopped playing GTA IV because of this, but it's pretty much FUD when it comes to GTA V.

GTA V ELS (and GTA V + Scripthook/ragehook mods in general) are extremely stable and are more likely to crash themselves and stop working than to crash the engine.

That's not to say there aren't a few bad apples out there or that ELS will never segfault your game but I would at least suggest to not promote the idea that ELS in GTA V is or might be unstable just because of anecdotes from a completely different game.

For what it's worth, I've probably played longer with ELS on GTA V already than my longest run in months of GTA IV.

I didn't say ELS V was unstable, nor am I promoting this idea, I'm just saying that I've had my share of annoyance with ELS IV so I won't bother much about it, especially since vanilla lighting customization has become incredibly good. And that is without counting the fact that there are too few ELS enabled vehicles for me to enjoy playing with this mod, I like my fleets to be homogenous (same lightbars, same patterns, same liveries), right now I can't do that so I'll stick to vanilla :)

13 minutes ago, ScarletDraconis said:

I didn't say ELS V was unstable, nor am I promoting this idea, I'm just saying that I've had my share of annoyance with ELS IV so I won't bother much about it, especially since vanilla lighting customization has become incredibly good. And that is without counting the fact that there are too few ELS enabled vehicles for me to enjoy playing with this mod, I like my fleets to be homogenous (same lightbars, same patterns, same liveries), right now I can't do that so I'll stick to vanilla :)

The fact that you won't try ELS V partly because ELS IV was unstable is exactly what I'm replying to. I wouldn't want others to read your post and be scared away from trying ELS because of inaccurate bias that stems from the older mod. The rest of your reasons are fine even though in a few days it will be irrelevant due to how many vehicles will come out.

Edited by gp

1 hour ago, gp said:

The fact that you won't try ELS V partly because ELS IV was unstable is exactly what I'm replying to. I wouldn't want others to read your post and be scared away from trying ELS because of inaccurate bias that stems from the older mod. The rest of your reasons are fine even though in a few days it will be irrelevant due to how many vehicles will come out.

You're making me say what I didn't say, but hey, whatever floats your boat, people are free to have their opinions about things ;)

Edited by ScarletDraconis

20 minutes ago, ScarletDraconis said:

You're making me say what I didn't say, but hey, whatever floats your boat, people are free to have their opinions about things ;)

You literally wrote that part of the reason you won't try ELS V is because ELS IV was crashy, I didn't invent anything. Sorry if you got flustered by my response somehow or if there's a language barrier I'm not aware of.

Edited by gp

17 minutes ago, gp said:

You literally wrote that part of the reason you won't try ELS V is because ELS IV was crashy, I didn't invent anything. Sorry if you got flustered by my response somehow or if there's a language barrier I'm not aware of.

I said that I won't use ELS V as of now because I had trouble with ELS IV (amongst other reasons I explained before). I didn't say ELS V was unstable, I didn't say ELS V was making people's games crash, I didn't say ELS V was crap, anywhere. I'm just doing that based on my personal opinion. As far as I know, this topic is "Why I won't use ELS for a couple of weeks", not "Why ELS V is good and anyone saying the contrary is wrong". I replied to the thread with my personal experience and opinion from previous iterations of ELS, that's all. So don't claim that I could make people wary of ELS V or anything, because it isn't true. You like ELS V and use it and advice people to do the same, good for you, I personally don't use it, but I don't tell people to do the same. ;)

Edited by ScarletDraconis