Sign in to follow this  
SonofAnarchy

GTA V update...

Hi all, today when I started up RPH and wanted to play some LSPDFR, Social Club started to download a 1 GB update.

I have done nothing to my installation folder since the last time I played, I have every mod installed in the mods folder.

I let the update install and now it won't start correctly again, does anyone else have the same issues as I have?

Is this just a matter of patience and biding time until RPH or LSPDFR is also updated, cause that's fine, but I will know

not to look any further as to what might be the problem.

Thanks,

SOA

Edited by SonofAnarchy

50 minutes ago, SonofAnarchy said:

Hi all, today when I started up RPH and wanted to play some LSPDFR, Social Club started to download a 1 GB update.

I have done nothing to my installation folder since the last time I played, I have every mod installed in the mods folder.

I let the update install and now it won't start correctly again, does anyone else have the same issues as I have?

Is this just a matter of patience and biding time until RPH or LSPDFR is also updated, cause that's fine, but I will know

not to look any further as to what might be the problem.

Thanks,

SOA

23 minutes ago, TrentMU said:

You have to wait for RPH and ScriptHookV to update, the new update breaks RPH mostly every time.

Just cockstar being cockstar

Please do not message me for support or if we have not already established a line of communication. Any Personal Messages containing support questions will be ignored and deleted.

Join the LCPDFR.com community run server - https://discord.gg/UyQNtH2

you could roll you GTA back and play, thats what i did, but where will they post the updated RPH and scripthook, always back up your files, and i always  keep an back up in RH console.

Edited by Candice

1 hour ago, Candice said:

you could roll you GTA back and play, thats what i did, but where will they post the updated RPH and scripthook, always back up your files, and i always  keep an back up in RH console.

Tried to roll it back,it would not work.How long does it usually take them too update?

all i hear is wait and see, till there is one. keep an eye out here and maybe in discord support area. im sorry to hear that i am able to play now with the rolled back version, are you running steam, there might be an option in steam to roll back the game as well, im not sure i used the RH Client to roll my game back and back up the data, but just in case i keep additional zip file, its huge 93 GB. 

Edited by Candice

I just cut off my internet before the updating process, and enable it when game loads, and when it starts whining about activating it, I start up GTA V Launcher and shut it down when it starts updating again... this is a temporary working fix, at least for me.

Edited by SonofAnarchy

Typically when you laubch social club it'll throw a basic kick start update at you. In the past you'd allow this one to go and after signing into social club it'll try to go to the actual update and install. This is where you got to be quick and yank your net connection. Backup are always a good thing, rph consol and local self backups. I recall a file one added to help avoid updates somewhere here in recent past but I avoid ways used the old manual method to avoid. Matter fact I barely got one drive going with the post recent version of rph and was waiting to get the plugins and still have two at rph 28 and 34. They all run and did the pre social club update then tried to do the after sign in full update but I stopped it and all 3 run fine. If you allow it to get so far and it don't take much after signing into the social club you'll be sol and need to relie on a revert game or backup or wait until rph updates.

Basically you only allow it enough to validate the social club to okay offline for while and yank your net off between that and just at or prior to the actual update. Letting it get barely going in the update can cause issues. 

Edited by Azteco

So how long does it usually take for the awesome people who work on this to negate this update by updating RPH again?

Not that I'm an impatient person or anything, but I just recently joined in these LSPDFR shenanigans, lol... and I have no clue.

Oh and Candice, I also keep a clean install in a disk image and a fully modded one, and the latter one is a whopping 143 GB, lol.

Thx, SOA

Edited by SonofAnarchy

Before it updates, Go into your anti virus and windows firewall, set it up to block the connection to the gta 5 launcher and gta 5 pre launcher. When you load the game up, it will say "rockstar service unavailable" and just click offline mode and it will load up 877 no bother :)

Edited by Mrcento

See I tried that, but obviously my knowledge of the Windows firewall is as limited as.. well, making mods like they do here.

But, what I didn't know was that I shouldn't just go into the list of the in- and outbound programs and just plain right click and block.

So I did some research and got it working by adding new rules and so on... thanks for giving me that bit of incentive to follow up on this.

I have learned more about the OS in this last week than I have in oh, say... a whole year! :)

SOA

Edited by SonofAnarchy

Here's my video on it on my Youtube channel. (it also works on the steam version). Like i said though, if you have anti virus that also controls windows firewall, you'll possibly need to go into the anti virus software and repeat the above steps like you would in the windows firewall settings :)