Pumpk1in

Micro-Stutter every second :o

d

THi !

If you want more details about that problem, I talked first about it on RH forum : http://forums.ragepluginhook.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2766
As they can't help me, I'm trying here ^^

I have a stuttering problem on GTAV only. Every second, it stutters for maybe one frame. I joined my RH log so you can see my latest gameplay.

• In that gameplay, I played like normal with all my RH plugins loaded but OFF DUTY in LSPDFR.
  • I started to play at 20h40. After some minutes without any stutter I tried to Force Duty at 21h09. I used EUP to load my Police Model and spawned my CVPI with a trainer.
  • Some seconds later, the game started to stutter.

As I said on RH forum, I tried a lot of things. Plugins, No plugins, Some plugins, Plugins one by one, Clean install of Drivers, Clean install of Windows 10, Low graphics settings, High graphics settings, CPU/GPU Overclock, CPU/GPU@stock speed...

The interesting part of my testings is that if I load LSPDFR and go on duty with only the plugins on the first screenshot below, I have no stutter (or I am not able to see it). When I load anything more from the second screenshot that is not on the 1st, the game starts stuttering. Even if I only add one more plugin.

ok.PNG

notok.PNG

I'm using OpenIV with mods folder. I Have a GTX970@1400Mhz and a 3570K@4.4ghz + 16GB DDR3 1600. The Game is on a 7200rpm HDD. System and pagefile on SSD.
I'm running Afterburner to OC the GPU (with the overlay but I tried without it). I also disabled Shadowplay. (Sometimes I also use DXtory) But everything worked some time ago^^ Everything is up to date in game or on my computer and I flashed the latest GPU bios yesterday :)

As I said on the RH forum, my problem is similar to this, smooth and solid 60fps then stutter. (but for me its not as visible as in this video and its only one frame evey second) : 
I also have The Witcher 3 and I don't have the problem on it like in the video ;) I have no problem in any other heavy game I'm playing.

Thanks for any help :D

RagePluginHook.log

Do you have Emergency Strobes?

Support - Try Albos Troubleshooter, Check Everything is up to date, Read the Read-Me Files Over again and Check your PC HardwareBritish LSPDFR Discord Server (Unofficial LSPDFR) 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Frosty19_

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Frostyy19

6 minutes ago, Frosty19 said:

Do you have Emergency Strobes?

I had it long time ago and YES I removed it because it caused the same stutter... but worse ^^

Sorry I forgot to list my RH plugins :

• EntityPersistence
  • KeepCalm
  • EUPclothingMenu
  • Vehiclessearch

BUUUUUUT, I tried with ONLY lspdfr and the stutter occurs :)

Just now, Pumpk1in said:

I had it long time ago and YES I removed it because it caused the same stutter... but worse ^^

Sorry I forgot to list my RH plugins :

• EntityPersistence
  • KeepCalm
  • EUPclothingMenu
  • Vehiclessearch

BUUUUUUT, I tried with ONLY lspdfr and the stutter occurs :)

Really hard to explain then lol my only lag was with Emergency Strobes 

Support - Try Albos Troubleshooter, Check Everything is up to date, Read the Read-Me Files Over again and Check your PC HardwareBritish LSPDFR Discord Server (Unofficial LSPDFR) 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Frosty19_

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Frostyy19

Just now, Hystery said:

KeepCalm is known to create stutters.

As I said in the post before yours, I tried without any plugins but LSPDFR and the stutter is here :/
In my latest try I used all of my plugins without going on duty, no problem. The problem started right after I went on duty.

@Pumpk1in

Long shot, but the traffic policer mod has an ini file.

Try turning these two settings to false.

//When true, the following features assist you in finding ambient events.
//This will add a blip to an offending vehicle. Only recommended for unexperienced traffic officers.
//Default: CreateBlipsForAmbientEvents=true
CreateBlipsForAmbientEvents=false

//Enabling this shows a description of an ambient event, e.g. a driver using a mobile phone. Only recommended for unexperienced traffic officers.
//Default: ShowAmbientEventDescriptionMessage=false
ShowAmbientEventDescriptionMessage=false

Edited by pjrthefox

6 minutes ago, pjrthefox said:

@Pumpk1in

Long shot, but the traffic policer mod has an ini file.

Try turning these two settings to false.

//When true, the following features assist you in finding ambient events.
//This will add a blip to an offending vehicle. Only recommended for unexperienced traffic officers.
//Default: CreateBlipsForAmbientEvents=true
CreateBlipsForAmbientEvents=false

//Enabling this shows a description of an ambient event, e.g. a driver using a mobile phone. Only recommended for unexperienced traffic officers.
//Default: ShowAmbientEventDescriptionMessage=false
ShowAmbientEventDescriptionMessage=false

I had an idea like this : I disablled all ambient events in all my plugins : no change :/
Also as I said, any plugin from the 2nd screenshot that is not in the 1st screenshot is causing that stutter, even if that plugin didn't have any ambiant feature :/

Already tried :(

The fact is... I have no frame drop. Using afterburner even at 500ms poll rate I see my game running at 59-60fps all the time X)

The stutter is really short. Its more like a freeze of 1ms X)

Edited by Pumpk1in

Uhh, download GPU Z from techpowerup and then go to the sensors table, click the triangle to the right of all of them and set them all to max, play V for a bit and ensure the stutter happens, then check back on the sensors tab and screenshot it.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.0f9745931d72712d1eea69596ea975fd.jpg

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.
Discord: generic train man#7633 --------------- Youtube: The Starmix

So, I checked in GPU-Z because I am having a similar problem, and it seems that LSPDFR adds at least 200 mb of VRAM usage (Mine was set at 1750mb then as soon as I forced duty it went to 2000mb)

Strange, GTA V without Ragehook used about 2300MB of VRAM and when I have mods running it shoots up to about 3.6GB VRAM usage, which is why I'm concerned, since he has a 970.

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.

4 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Strange, GTA V without Ragehook used about 2300MB of VRAM and when I have mods running it shoots up to about 3.6GB VRAM usage, which is why I'm concerned, since he has a 970.

Hmm, definitely a strange thing. I can't seem to track down what is causing it though.

8 hours ago, Starmix said:

Yeah, I know for the last 512mio but its strange that it happens only when going on duty and only on this game. But Yeah I'm using hi poly modded police cars so... :)

I'll check the VRAM usage, but I'm not sure its related to that problem. I also will check without my car mods :)

Edited by Pumpk1in

LSPDFR caches cars & frequently used items, not to mention the additional amount of police officers at the station.

5 minutes ago, Starmix said:

LSPDFR caches cars & frequently used items, not to mention the additional amount of police officers at the station.

Possible ^^
The fact is that the sutter seems to not happen in the desert. I'll have to check without my car mods.

Alright then, compare the amount of textures for walls, building, people, cars etc to the amount of textures in the plants.

5 hours ago, Starmix said:

Alright then, compare the amount of textures for walls, building, people, cars etc to the amount of textures in the plants.

Yeah it makes sense for me too ;) But as I never noticed that VRAM issue before its hard to admit it.

To try something new, I lowered my textures settings from very high to high. After 30min of gameplay with about 3350-3400mb VRAM usage I never saw this stutter.
BUT, right after loading the game and forced duty, the game runned for some minutes with about 3670mb of VRAM usage without any stutter.

I'll try again during the next days to see if lowering this setting really fixed my problem :)

Hmm, that'd be strange for it to go into the last chunk of VRAM and not lag.

On 08/04/2016 at 11:53 PM, Starmix said:

Hmm, that'd be strange for it to go into the last chunk of VRAM and not lag.

In The Division for example I'm always in this last "chunk" of memory without problems^^ Solid 60fps... until some explosions come around :D
Also, I tried some things, its definately NOT the problem. I can run fine GTA5 with more than 3.5Gb of Vram usage.

SO, what's new : here is the PM I sent to Alexguirre because I realised that the problem is due to RageNativeUI plugins only

Hi,

I tried everything but it seems you are the only one that can help me :teehee:
I have micro-stutters every seconds after maybe 30 mins of gameplay. My game is runnig at solid 60fps, its more like ONE frame is missing every second. So I can notice cars or objets on the side of the road "teleporting" every second. 

After lot of testings (many tweaks in nvidia panel, overclock, testing plugins one by one, reinstalling Windows (seriously), reinstalling GTA5, etc...) its clearly not related to my hardware or software or mods I'm using.

You can see those microstutters here : (look closely to the mountains or trees, not easy to see it the first time, but if you see it once, you'll see it every time)

SO, How I understand that RageNativeUI is the problem :

• When the stutter starts, I use the console to disable ALL RageHook plugins. The stutter is gone.
  • I remove from the plugins folder each plugins using RageNativeUI
  • I also remove those from lspdfr folder
  • I enable all my remaining plugins ingame : no more stutter

Here are my RageNativeUI plugins :

• TrafficControl
  • EUPClothingMenu
  • Every Albo1125's plugins but policeradio (arrestmanager, assortedcallouts, trafficpolicer)
  • Lawcallouts
  • Wilderness Callouts

Each plugins above are causing the stutter. I don't have to load them all. Only one of those activated in the console gets the stutter back again. Right after disabling it, the stutter is gone.

The game is running fine with those :

• Policeradio
  • CalloutsV
  • KeepCalm
  • EntityPersistence
  • VehicleSearch

Can you help me ? :unsure: I can be your "quinea pig" :teehee:

Many thanks for your patience !

----------------

Saldy, Alex seems to not know how to help me with that :sad:

Edited by Pumpk1in

I've not had any stuttering problems with any of those Plugins above. 

Also, when I'm chasing suspects the last thing I'm paying attention to are the mountains and trees :tongue:

1 hour ago, Kal74 said:

I've not had any stuttering problems with any of those Plugins above. 

Also, when I'm chasing suspects the last thing I'm paying attention to are the mountains and trees :tongue:

I said that because its not easy to see when there is not vehicles ^^ In the city its more visible because every cars you are looking at are teleporting every second ^^
Its also visible when you turn the camera :)

Also, I can understand some people are not bothered by that. For example, Jeff Favignano is playing without Vsync... all of its videos are full of stutter/tearing (so its lot worse than my problem) but he don't care and enjoy playing like that. :turned: I can't ;)

Edited by Pumpk1in

funny this problem has yet to be resolved ,  but thanks for bringing it back up to get more folks looking into it ..  One day someone will figure out the cause I hope !  Thanks for the tips guys ,  Oh and one more thing do you have a GTX 970 ?  If you already said what equipment you have sorry for asking again 

Edited by anotherc6vette

Yeah I have a 970 but as I said its not the problem ^^
I can max the game settings and use the last 512Mb of VRAM without any stutter if I don't use RageNativeUI :ninja: 

I tried with max settings or lowest, the problem is still the same and not a VRAM problem :thumbsup: The stutter comes even if I don't use the last 512mb.

Edited by Pumpk1in