Sign in to follow this  
Harper

Locating a Lightbar

As you may or may not know, I've been working on converting a GTA III Model of the 1997 ford crown victoria to IV.

I've given up on that model as it was plagued with errors and such.

I'm now converting a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria Taxi from San Andreas, all is going well so far but I cannot find a unlocked model of this lightbar:

i212030.jpg

Anyone know where I could find it?

KevinDV has a similar one on his new E150 Van. You should ask him about it.

EDIT: Yup, it's an Aerodynic.

I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but why do you need a lightbar for a Taxi?

The car is originally a taxi in SA, I've removed the advertisement thing and i'm looking for an appropriate lightbar to put on there, at the moment I've got the Whelen Liberty on it

You could always just try a StreetHawk. I know it's not what you want, but you can easily get one unlocked from Sam's models.

Sam's models had streethawks? Which ones?

And Kevin might consider giving you the Aerodynic.Because other than him,only Lt. Caine was the one who had a scratch made Aerodynic.

God,what fetish I have for those 'dynics!

one of LT.Caines cvpi's has an aerodynamic lightbar on it, maybe you could ask him if you could use it?

EDIT: @Dhruv, guess i shoulda read your your post :P

OFF TOPIC: man, lightbar's have come a long way since the 90's lol

Edited by Slimory

Forums? Haha! You joking,man? He retired in Jul 2010 and was gone,never to be seen or heard from again.

Cj24 also has the Aerodynamic on his caprice. Are you making an LAPD version of the crown vic?

Yeah, My plan is to release different versions in one .rar file so people can choose which one they want installed, for instance the LAPD version will (hopefully) have that lightbar while another version I'm planning is the one from Super Troopers, the "Spurbury" police, which uses something similar to a whelen liberty

Yeah, My plan is to release different versions in one .rar file so people can choose which one they want installed, for instance the LAPD version will (hopefully) have that lightbar while another version I'm planning is the one from Super Troopers, the "Spurbury" police, which uses something similar to a whelen liberty

It IS a Liberty.

Or was it Edge?

Just had a quick look, turns out its the same lightbar.

I could of sworn the local PD in the film used '94 crown vics while the troopers themselves used the '97 model

You could always get a lightbar from someone such as me but if you really wanted good advice, I'd say you should try scratch modeling it yourself. I started the hard way back then and worked my self up to where I am today mainly with the help of Lt.Caine, he let me learn the hard way and never do I regret it.

Edited by KevinDV

Didn't Spurbury use JetSonics? The state police used Edges, but the locals didn't.

I'd focus on getting the model correctly ingame first, but oh well. As Kevin stated, you could borrow, or create it yourself. A desicion that's up to you.

By the way, I'm very glad someone started on a '94 FCV for IV.

^A lot of people were dying for it.They're gonna be proud of Harper :biggrin:

Spurbury did infact use Jetsonics...I was making one but then stopped as I got sidetracked. I'll give it to you if you want Harper, needs a few alterations/fixits that you should be able to handle.