I have heard people having two copies of GTA V on their computers, which is like 200+ GB. One for modding single player and another for clean online.  If they want to play online they copy the version over the modded version. Is this true? I feel like I'm missing an important part like... Not making a copy of the .rpfs or something. Can someone confirm the steps to doing this? 200GB for just a game seems a lot 0_0 wouldn't you agree?

I have two folders, Grand Theft Auto V & Grand Theft Auto V MP. Before I installed LSPDFR into the GTA V folder i copied the contents of the Clean Install over to V MP. That is how i use two copies. Then i have installed LSPDFR in V.

Yes, it is true. However one copy of the game is only 60 GB, resulting in a total of around 120 GB, nowhere near as much as the 200+ GB you mentioned. If you have a 500 GB hard drive and don't have an excessive amount of files or games that you don't use, you should be okay. The thing is you want to keep only the things you need, things you will or likely will need soon, and the things you actually want and use on your computer. Before you install LSPDFR, copy the whole of the original game files over to another file, and make only a shortcut for the one you want to keep clean, then make a shortcut later to Rage when you want to use the modded one. But don't copy over, it'll take an hour every time. Best waste a single hour on making two copies.

36 minutes ago, bens111 said:

Yes, it is true. However one copy of the game is only 60 GB, resulting in a total of around 120 GB, nowhere near as much as the 200+ GB you mentioned. If you have a 500 GB hard drive and don't have an excessive amount of files or games that you don't use, you should be okay. The thing is you want to keep only the things you need, things you will or likely will need soon, and the things you actually want and use on your computer. Before you install LSPDFR, copy the whole of the original game files over to another file, and make only a shortcut for the one you want to keep clean, then make a shortcut later to Rage when you want to use the modded one. But don't copy over, it'll take an hour every time. Best waste a single hour on making two copies.

Hold on, you said to make a shortcut to the rage plugin in the modded file, but doesn't gta V launch from only the place you initially installed it in? I'm a bit confused. Can you elaborate on the shortcut portions?

Create the shortcut on on your desktop,  it will launch from your main gta folder .. it's not necessary but it just makes it easier so you don't have to keep going into the folder and launching it fromantic there every time you want to play

No it will launch from the folder you created the shortcut from .. so go into your modded gta .. right click on the rage icon that you use to start it .. and click create shortcut it will create it in the folder but drag it to your desktop and I renamed mine lspdfr :)

Ah, so a shortcut will launch from the folder i installed it from. I believe this means that if I launch a shortcut from the clean GTA it will be unmodded and I can go online without being banned. If I launch a shortcut from the modded GTA, I will be able to play with mods in singleplayer and not go online. 

Here's the deal: When you create a shortcut, it will ask for the file location of the thing you want to make a shortcut from. Yes, there are two GTA.exe's (or whatever it's called) now, but the file paths are different, distinguishing them. Since the GTA folder includes the gta.exe, you are copying the whole game. So you would have two instances of the game on your computer. So if you launch a shortcut that links to the modded one, you get the modded version (however this won't have any Rage mods, that's why you run Rage with rage.exe), and if you launch a shortcut to the vanilla one, you get the game files that are unmodded. So you are right.

Edited by bens111

For some reason my modded shortcut has mods in its directory, but it still launches the vanilla game.

Look I have two directories and I'm launching the modded one, but the game is still vanilla.

Screenshot (6).png

You went into your modded folder and right clicked on the rage plugin? And selected create shortcut? 

No, shortcuts are targeted to a fixed path. You can see it when you right click on a shortcut and click Properties. So when you rename your game folder, the shortcut won't look for it.

The shortcut is FROM the modded folder though.

4 minutes ago, gamer516 said:

You went into your modded folder and right clicked on the rage plugin? And selected create shortcut? 

I made a shortcut of the GTA v launcher so I could launch the modded game rather than the vanilla game (as you can see one directory is modded one is clean)

Is GTA v only gonna launch from where I initially installed it?

No,  make a shortcut of the rage exe .. that's why it's loading your vanilla .. then once it's on your desktop .. rename it and you should be fine

20160124_142206.jpg

20160124_142233.jpg

Just use one directory. you don't need two unlike other GTA Games, for vehicles use a mods folder.. this will keep your original files clean/vanilla but your game can still use mods. if you wish to go online remove the 2 openiv files from your directory (this will disable any mods you've put into the mods folder), return those files back into to the directory if you wish to use mods in single player.

RPH scripts will only run if you run RPH, so if you wish to play GTA Online then don't run GTA via RPH. as for Scripthook files, remove the scripthook programs from your directory and return them when you want to use them in single player.

having 2 directories isn't needed, and is stupid.. considering a modded GTA directory can be over 100gb 

1 minute ago, CouthInk4 said:

Just use one directory. you don't need two unlike other GTA Games, for vehicles use a mods folder.. this will keep your original files clean/vanilla but your game can still use mods. if you wish to go online remove the 2 openiv files from your directory (this will disable any mods you've put into the mods folder), return those files back into to the directory if you wish to use mods in single player.

RPH scripts will only run if you run RPH, so if you wish to play GTA Online then don't run GTA via RPH. as for Scripthook files, remove the scripthook programs from your directory and return them when you want to use them in single player.

having 2 directories isn't needed, and is stupid.. considering a modded GTA directory can be over 100gb 

I believe rockstar scans our directories when we enter online. Doesn't this mean that the .dll files that come with LSPD:FR will be detected and result in a ban even though I didn't run GTA V using RPH? Also, when you say remove script hook programs, do you mean just script hook.dll or all of the mods using script hook?

11 minutes ago, Darkray347 said:

I believe rockstar scans our directories when we enter online. Doesn't this mean that the .dll files that come with LSPD:FR will be detected and result in a ban even though I didn't run GTA V using RPH? Also, when you say remove script hook programs, do you mean just script hook.dll or all of the mods using script hook?

I've never had a problem with it, i've entered online with RPH files in my directory before. Play normal and don't do anything stupid in online (like hack) and you won't get banned. 

yes, remove scripthook.dll (it's too early for me to remember the exact name for the files) 

9 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

I've never had a problem with it, i've entered online with RPH files in my directory before. Play normal and don't do anything stupid in online (like hack) and you won't get banned. 

yes, remove scripthook.dll (it's too early for me to remember the exact name for the files) 

Okay, so once I remove script hook.dll, and I avoid any illegal manipulation online, I should be fine right? Also, if you remember the file names for the script mods could you please get back to me :).

I just really don't want to get banned, but I also want to play lspdfr. 

the 2 files that OpenIV requires (go into open IV - ASI Manager - uninstall the two files)

ScripthookV.dll

SlimDX.dll

XInput1_4.dll 

Those should be the files to remove, I do reccommend when using Online that you use a private lobby (most if not all public ones are glitchy due to hackers). There are also a few .exe available to download that can remove mods for you so you can play GTA Online.. however i can't fully recommend them as i've never used them (worth a look into though).

That being said, if your PC can really handle the extra 60gb it's not that bad to have another directory. Considering when GTA V first launched and mods came around people started to get banned because of using mods in Single Player, so as it's not really neccesary having 2 directories makes you 100% safe. but like i said, they only really get you if you're using hack in Online. i've gone into Online with mods heaps of times and never got banned.

9 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

the 2 files that OpenIV requires (go into open IV - ASI Manager - uninstall the two files)

ScripthookV.dll

SlimDX.dll

XInput1_4.dll 

Those should be the files to remove, I do reccommend when using Online that you use a private lobby (most if not all public ones are glitchy due to hackers). There are also a few .exe available to download that can remove mods for you so you can play GTA Online.. however i can't fully recommend them as i've never used them (worth a look into though).

That being said, if your PC can really handle the extra 60gb it's not that bad to have another directory. Considering when GTA V first launched and mods came around people started to get banned because of using mods in Single Player, so as it's not really neccesary having 2 directories makes you 100% safe. but like i said, they only really get you if you're using hack in Online. i've gone into Online with mods heaps of times and never got banned.

Do you know what rockstar generally detects? .dlls? .asis? Or just injections? 

So are you saying we can take a chance and do a patrol with a buddy online and be OK?  Lol ... I wish 

Yeah I know , was just teasing because he said he goes on with mods all the time .. and I wasn't the one who mentioned about moving the files , but yes do that and you should be ok

Mods in my directory, no actual mods are able to be used/activated online.. Especially LSPDFR. if someone manages to get RPH and LSPDFR working in GTA Online then they'll be crowned a god because it's impossible to do that.