Can someone tell me what the Law is for if 2 people want to go out but one of them is 16 and the other is 18.

I can't remember which Law that covers that.

So I see you are going out with this girl. As for the question, I did a quick Google and there were many results, here is one of them; "yes, as long as there is no 'known by the police sexual interaction' then it is all good. 18 - 16 is not that big an age gap, it's the 21 - 15yr olds that gain the most attention."

EDIT: I included your location, so you pretty much have your answer :)

If you're still curious: https://www.google.com/#q=can+a+16+year+old+date+a+18+year+old+in+australia

Edited by sergiyj

Well, the legal age for consent is 16 (except down south and Tas where it's 17) so I don't see any problems there really, except if you want anal and you live in Queensland...  "In Queensland, the age of consent for anal sex (referred to as sodomy in legislation) is 18 years" .

Hope it helped.

That's if you're in Au, which is what your 'location' suggests.

Edited by Tozza

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PvKEkIM.gif[/img]

Here in France it's everyone such why in America there are plenty of different laws for a country?

Here in France it's everyone such why in America there are plenty of different laws for a country?

Every states almost like a separate country it's self with it's own government-sort-of-thing and laws. Anything law that spreads over the whole united states is called a federal law I believe.

Sorry if you already know that, I was just going off what I could decode from your post :)

I understand now when a fugitive share in another State it is on what is there is not the same laws

Désolé si je parle mal j'utilise un traducteur :)

Edited by BugzI

In Canada, it is legal to date somebody within 4 years difference if one of the partners is under the age of 18, I believe.

In france the age of sexual consent is 16 years if a person who is 18 years old and more who do sexual things and they agree there is no problems, but if the major violates the person below it takes expensive 5 years and more prison.

Uhhh.. it depends on what you want to do............ if you just want to do the whole go out on dates, hold hands, quick kisses, ect. then there's nothing illegal about it. Now sex is an entirely different thing. In most states the AoC is 16. But the law gets convoluted and hazy and the lines are blurred. Technically you can still be arrested for Statutory Rape, but if she consented and is okay with it, then she'd choose not to give testimony in which the case would be thrown out. However she could be pressured into testifying by parents, friends, ect. if you guys break up or fight or whatever. The best answer is DON'T DO ANYTHING SEXUAL WITH HER! Just wait 2 more years if you care about her (I'm assuming you're a male at 18 and she'll be the female at 16). The last thing you want is to be proven wrong or lose a case, and be a convicted sex offender for the rest of your life, and have your future completely wiped out.

Most places the age of consent is 16. But that doesn't mean she can't date someone older. Just means she can't consent to sex tell 18. So legally if you would have sex with her under the age of 18 it could be considered rape. 

Edited by Darkangel

[u]​Click that spoiler you will not be disappointed!![/u]

[spoiler]http://www.choose.yudia.net/rickroll.swf

You've been Rick Rolled[/spoiler]

Depends where you live; in Texas it's legal with a 3-year difference if one is under 18 (everything under 16 is illegal)

Or you could go with Randall Munroe's suggestion: Half your age plus seven, round up.

gATXSNG.png

If you are replying to something I have posted, you may wish to quote me for faster response times.
My personal inbox is not the support forum. I don't mind helping  you with your issues, but you are responsible for your research.  I am not a page in a manual, Google, or the forum search function - look through all three before asking.
A link to a handy how-to guide for getting useful solutions to your problems, and useful answers to your questions. A lot of it may seem irrelevant, but it outlines some great practices to use when seeking answers or solutions.

Did you get that phone yet.

Hahah. No man. this is a another girl

Uhhh.. it depends on what you want to do............ if you just want to do the whole go out on dates, hold hands, quick kisses, ect. then there's nothing illegal about it. Now sex is an entirely different thing. In most states the AoC is 16. But the law gets convoluted and hazy and the lines are blurred. Technically you can still be arrested for Statutory Rape, but if she consented and is okay with it, then she'd choose not to give testimony in which the case would be thrown out. However she could be pressured into testifying by parents, friends, ect. if you guys break up or fight or whatever. The best answer is DON'T DO ANYTHING SEXUAL WITH HER! Just wait 2 more years if you care about her (I'm assuming you're a male at 18 and she'll be the female at 16). The last thing you want is to be proven wrong or lose a case, and be a convicted sex offender for the rest of your life, and have your future completely wiped out.

Actully I'm the 16 year old.

Hahah. No man. this is a another girl

Actully I'm the 16 year old.

Well don't listen to us. If you're in Australia, then none of what I said at least applies. 

In Canada, it is legal to date somebody within 4 years difference if one of the partners is under the age of 18, I believe.

In Canada, the age of consent is 16. If you're 15 or 14, you are allowed to have sexual relations with somebody less than 5 years older than you. So a 15 year old and a 20 year old can't, but a 15 year old and 19 year old can.

In Canada, the age of consent is 16. If you're 15 or 14, you are allowed to have sexual relations with somebody less than 5 years older than you. So a 15 year old and a 20 year old can't, but a 15 year old and 19 year old can.

If the legal age of consent is 16, how are you allowed to have sexual contact at 14....?

If the legal age of consent is 16, how are you allowed to have sexual contact at 14....?

It's a close in age exception that the government of Canada has. http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

A 12 year old can have sex with a 12, 13, 14 year old. A 14, 15 year old can have sex with a 14,15,16,17,18,19 year old. 16 can have sex with 16+ as well as 14, 15.

It's complicated.

It's a close in age exception that the government of Canada has. http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

A 12 year old can have sex with a 12, 13, 14 year old. A 14, 15 year old can have sex with a 14,15,16,17,18,19 year old. 16 can have sex with 16+ as well as 14, 15.

It's complicated.

Well, after reading that I can strongly say that Canada is one wacky place. 

It's too complicated to even bother to understand.

I'll stick to my traditional British ways, if you're 16+ that's legal, under, illegal :)

Sorry for going off topic from original post.

Can someone tell me what the Law is for if 2 people want to go out but one of them is 16 and the other is 18.

I can't remember which Law that covers that.

Depends on the state. Technically there's nothing preventing you two from spending time together, but if the parents of the underage party want to press charges on the older party for 'Deprivation of Custody', they can do so. If there is intercourse, it's most likely considered 'Statutory Rape' unless the state permits it under parental consent, and both of your parents actually do consent to it. If you're the older one, I'd forget it. If you're the younger one, it's up to her whether she wants to risk it or not.

Edited by unr3al

Well, after reading that I can strongly say that Canada is one wacky place. 

It's too complicated to even bother to understand.

I'll stick to my traditional British ways, if you're 16+ that's legal, under, illegal :)

Sorry for going off topic from original post.

Well, it's more to protect young kids from prosecution if they are just being sexually curious. It's better to have a law allowing it rather than to slap a kid with a sex charge.

Well, it's more to protect young kids from prosecution if they are just being sexually curious. It's better to have a law allowing it rather than to slap a kid with a sex charge.

Yeah, there's a lot of kids here who have their life ruined before it even starts.