With Gay marriage currently a hot-topic worldwide in politics, what are your views on it? Should it be passed or should it still be banned?

I don't see why it should be banned. I only see that the Church opposes to it and therefore the most conservative sectors, as they oppose to many other things that don't really affect them. Aren't we in a democracy with freedoms? Who cares if two persons of the same gender do marry if they are happy that way?

It does make me wonder why some individuals and groups are so homophobic, whether it's behind a keyboard (haven't seen any of this on the forums though!} or in full view of the public eye!

Personally, I don't support it or care for it. For me i do not care if it is legal or not. If someone wants to marry someone of their own sex, go for it. It's something they can decide on and it is none of my business. If a whole bunch of people are gay and married to each other, that means more women for me  :thumbsup:

I can think of no reason why we should ban gay marriages. Belgium was one of the first countries to allow gay marriages though so it's not really an issue here. However, we do have an increased frequency of gay bashing by Islamic immigrants.

The most popular argument would be that gay marriage is the wrong track from a biologic point of view since humans can no longer reproduce them. I personally worry more about gay couples adopting childs, since I'm certain e.g. a child would be bullied in school when it has two mothers. Just imagine the reaction of some idiots you know yourself. Islamic immigrants are a completely other topic, here in Germany they seem to demand everything but tolerate nothing.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

But what about people who've been sterilized? Or couples who can't reproduce because of a medical condition? Should they not be allowed to married?

Adam and Steve, I lol. I'd have to agree though, from what's said in the bible god purposed human beings to be paired with a person of the opposite sex, but to the point where it's illegal or legal, I can't say I care too much about whether it's legal or not, like GTAIVCode3 said, their lives, their business.

What if the couple getting married isn't called Adam and Steve? :tongue:  On a more serious note though, I'm sure "god" never wanted people to fly, but hell we got planes and helicopters!

I personally do not have a problem with it. If someone wants to marry someone of the same sex so be it. Don't hate someone for being gay. It all depends on that person's personality.  We shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Meaning we shouldn't say being is wrong. I personally know a person who is gay, and is a great guy! I personally do not like the public affection.  That's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, Dispatch and Civilian. More information here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSIONS ON UNLOCKED PARTS OF MINE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE! YOU WILL BE TOLD NO!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR UNLOCKED PARTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRADE!

Personally i am against them because  if they adopt a child it would be very difficult to grow up in this enviroment!!!!

It's also different whether you like/dislike it and whether you think it should be banned. There are plenty of things that I dislike that I don't think should be illegal.

On the flip side of the church view or religion my opinion is this... LIFE itself is against it. Reason being, the purpose of male-female attraction and being is to procreate; keeping life going... so this debate  and any other can go on for the next 100 years and beyond. Humans are not designed to live a sexual life with that of the same sex, because no life can come of it. I’m not saying they can't make it work, but I am saying it’s obvious we were never intended to live as homosexuals. Example, if everyone in the world made it a point and decided to be heterosexual for the next 100yrs.... by the 110th year it would be starting all over again; a new generation, making the choice as to repeat the experiment. Now, let's say everyone in the world decided to be gay from this point on....to be homosexual... for the next 100yrs.... by the 110th year mankind would be extinct...so that said... I kind of think LIFE made the choice already. It's still a lot to be discussed with sensitivity of both sides, but in the end I think aside from money, medicines, and technology, trying desperately to call natural something that is obviously unnatural from a science stands point, can be just as dangerous as some having to suppress their feeling out of risk of being judged. One thing we have to keep in mind is not to make it "trendy" to look at people that only believe heterosexual relationships as being wrong. After all that IS the trump card. LIFE

Edited by Dippa

The issue with that is that homosexuality is present in nature, and isn't generally considered to be a "choice". Rather, it's how you're wired - you don't decide to be gay, you're born gay.

The most popular argument would be that gay marriage is the wrong track from a biologic point of view since humans can no longer reproduce them. I personally worry more about gay couples adopting childs, since I'm certain e.g. a child would be bullied in school when it has two mothers. Just imagine the reaction of some idiots you know yourself. Islamic immigrants are a completely other topic, here in Germany they seem to demand everything but tolerate nothing.

Although I have no problem with gay marriage, adoption is indeed another issue. I'm not 100% against it but I do have some serious reservations. For one, you're absolutely right when you refer to the potential bullying. Also, growing up without a mother could, in my opinion, potentially have some sort of effect on the child. 

Regarding the Islamic immigrants, gay bashing is definitely not the only issue. For example, when I'm at the university and decide to go out with some friends, the girls are always shouted at on the street by immigrants from Turkey, Morocco, etc. And that's when we are in a mixed group. I can't imagine what they go through when walking the streets by themselves. 

It doesn't end there though. In certain areas of Brussels, police, EMT's and firefighters get stones thrown at their heads for doing their job. I know some police officers and detectives who avoid parking in those neighbourhoods in fear of getting their car destroyed.

Funny thing is, when police do react to those kind of incidents, they get complaints about racism and excessive force.

I'm in no way a racist but things are getting out of control. A solution would be to deport convicted foreign criminals and let them serve their sentences in their home country. That would weed out the bad apples and free about 45% of our prison capacity.

I know that Germany has a lot of Arabic immigrants as well. Is it equally bad?

Sorry to go a bit of topic here but I had to get that off my chest.

@Dippa: Being gay is definitely not a choice. And what about people who decide not to procreate? I'm an agnostic so I believe in the evolutionary theory as well. However, having a child is, in my opinion, more than just passing on your genes or "genetic egoïsm" as my anthropology professor so elegantly put it. Nature didn't intend for couples to decide to not have any children. Though, they can live in perfect hapiness after having made that decision. The same goes for gay couples.

Edited by kjel0112

On the flip side of the church view or religion my opinion is this... LIFE itself is against it. Reason being, the purpose of male-female attraction and being is to procreate; keeping life going... so this debate  and any other can go on for the next 100 years and beyond. Humans are not designed to live a sexual life with that of the same sex, because no life can come of it. I’m not saying they can't make it work, but I am saying it’s obvious we were never intended to live as homosexuals. Example, if everyone in the world made it a point and decided to be heterosexual for the next 100yrs.... by the 110th year it would be starting all over again; a new generation, making the choice as to repeat the experiment. Now, let's say everyone in the world decided to be gay from this point on....to be homosexual... for the next 100yrs.... by the 110th year mankind would be extinct...so that said... I kind of think LIFE made the choice already. It's still a lot to be discussed with sensitivity of both sides, but in the end I think aside from money, medicines, and technology, trying desperately to call natural something that is obviously unnatural from a science stands point, can be just as dangerous as some having to suppress their feeling out of risk of being judged. One thing we have to keep in mind is not to make it "trendy" to look at people that only believe heterosexual relationships as wrong.

Anyway there aren't so many homosexuals in the world to put at risk the human existence, it's like saying that all the couples or single who haven't got any childs should have them.

I don't understand the point of growing childs in their "enviroment". I don't think they would have different styles of lives than the heterosexual people have. Is it because these child would have a father and a mother? then single (divorced, widow/er) people can't raise childrens?  :confused: I understand that these childs would probably be mocked at school, but that's a problem in the society general thought. If homosexuals would be accepted by the whole society as just normal people, these problems wouldn't happen.

Personnally I have nothing against people that are gay or even care unless it comes cross me and my family, God wanted man and woman to be together not adam and steve. but again sin is sin and its all the same! just a different way of sin so. in my  overall answer. its not my busniess but they shouuldnt be marry under god! its wrong! it should be under State or ust legelly joined,, marriage is something for man and woman to become one, a promise that shouldnt be broken, which is more then a promise to one and each other but also  towards god to be with one!........................

looking for people on GTA online add me: NySwat19

"Chances always have a limit.  The question is when will your limit be up?" ((L.R GTa crew quote))

The issue with that is that homosexuality is present in nature, and isn't generally considered to be a "choice". Rather, it's how you're wired - you don't decide to be gay, you're born gay.

I was born straight, but what if in ten years I'm a flaming out-going full-on lover of dudes? I wasn't born gay, so it must have been a choice later in life. Just like if someone is born gay, and then decides to be straight, they made a choice. Some people might find it harder to determine their road of sexuality, and I'd have to just say it's most likely somebody's hormones out of whack, because like it's been said, science and life make it obvious this wasn't the way it was meant to work, but it's also evident today everybody being born is being born in worse health, each and each time. The human body is becoming more and more imperfect, probably due to all the industry, pollution and food-habits that we or our past family was brought up in. But that could just spew out a 1,001 more conversations couldn't it.

talk about a rando topic to start up / make a thread for

^" Rather, it's how you're wired - you don't decide to be gay, you're born gay"

and I know what is widely assumed what causes it both guys and girls in the science world and how they are possibly wired that way from birth  thnkz to taken bio courses/ science courses my last semester ( this past semster )  at college

but due to the age of people on this web site it is way to graphic / detailed to get into

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

I do understand your point, however being "born" with two hands, or your twins head joined to yours does not make it natural because it happen in nature, but rather something happened in the womb that caused the growth process to go astray. But I do understand your point, unfortunately that is a whole other conversation, the "are you born gay or did your choose to be" lol