cnayr

Proper wig-wags in ELS?

I was just thinking, why doesnt ELs support proper wig wags? If you dont know what I mean, I mean that with ELS, the head lights go from on to off immediately. Real life wig wags dim from on to off. I was just wondering why ELS doesnt do that. Is there a specific reason?

That's just how it is. I bet if Lux was still around, els would be a whole lot better and that included to 

Someone should honestly script a new mod that functions like ELS, but with more lighting options, patterns, more lights to map to, etc...

Someone should honestly script a new mod that functions like ELS, but with more lighting options, patterns, more lights to map to, etc...

it would be nice. Gta 5 is close to release hat I do not think they are going to start a whole new project.

it would be nice. Gta 5 is close to release hat I do not think they are going to start a whole new project.

Keep in mind though, GTA V isnt coming out on PC. At least, not immediately.

Someone really should try to make a new ELS, as GTA V is way off, it may be close to release for consoles but it probably won't be another 7 months before it's released for PC (after console release).

Edited by SharpCommand

I'm actually quite shocked at the amount of amazing scripters out there haven't re done ELS completely from scratch, there is probably a reason for it.

the reason why wig wags are like that is because modders dont map them correctly,

theres a certain way u map the lights that gives off the imperssion of wig wag.

i would explain how to do it but i dont feel like typing it all out

the reason why wig wags are like that is because modders dont map them correctly,

So... I assume that means that different models would have the proper wig-wags or no?

So... I assume that means that different models would have the proper wig-wags or no?

it all depends on the author of the mod, some people do proper wig wags some people dont.

They should be mapped to the extra5/6 for the best realism but some people prefer them to have more of a strobe effect and map them to 1/4, 2/3, etc. There are certain ways you could map it to give it different effects, I understand what your saying. I also understand it would be a pita to type it all out, lol. 

They should be mapped to the extra5/6 for the best realism but some people prefer them to have more of a strobe effect and map them to 1/4, 2/3, etc. There are certain ways you could map it to give it different effects, I understand what your saying. I also understand it would be a pita to type it all out, lol. 

what i meant was that yea u would have a extra5/6 mapped as wig wags but there would also be a nonemissive mesh with each texture on the oppisite light
for example, you copied the headlight and renamed it to extra5/6 and put it on a lightemissive material, you would also make a copy of the other light and put it on a mesh material so it doesnt light and is dim but still with the same texture thus giving off the impression of wig wags, but i understand how some people map them to primarys but nobody makes a dim mode for them when they do

It would be great if they gradually flashed on instead of immediately like LEDs. The reason for this is probably because the method being used is emissive textures, and adding/removing them in split seconds, so really, all that is going on is a selection with an emissive texture being added and removed constantly as long as you keep the lights on.

One suggestion would be like gtapolicetrucker said, have 3 or so textures each with levels of dimness, then replacing them instead of removing them getting the sequence dim, warming up, fully lighted, then an inverse pattern working towards dimming back down again. This in effect could work for halogen and gas light effects. Its not perfect but there is no dynamic incremental control of light sources AFAIK in GTA IV, so you can only create light effects using emissive textures.

There's nothing like a proper set of wig wags...

question is are we going to be able to play LCPDF with the GTA V or will they have to come out with a new mod for it also? I love LCPDFR for GTA IV but with the graphics and the look of GTA V i can only imagine what LCPDFR would be like on the new GTA. can't wait to see..... fingers crossed

what i meant was that yea u would have a extra5/6 mapped as wig wags but there would also be a nonemissive mesh with each texture on the oppisite light
for example, you copied the headlight and renamed it to extra5/6 and put it on a lightemissive material, you would also make a copy of the other light and put it on a mesh material so it doesnt light and is dim but still with the same texture thus giving off the impression of wig wags, but i understand how some people map them to primarys but nobody makes a dim mode for them when they do

Mapping the lights that way makes no difference during the day as the headlights are not on. At night it's inaccurate because the mesh material completely blocks any light from being projected. Wig wags at night are not as noticeable due to the headlights being on. The headlights don't turn off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e5XkLN9S8U

The only way I see something more realistic then attaching them to extra5/extra6 is attaching light emissive mesh that gets gradually darker to extras 1-4 or 7-9 and changing the els pattern so that they flash in numerical sequence.

Mapping the lights that way makes no difference during the day as the headlights are not on. At night it's inaccurate because the mesh material completely blocks any light from being projected. Wig wags at night are not as noticeable due to the headlights being on. The headlights don't turn off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e5XkLN9S8U

The only way I see something more realistic then attaching them to extra5/extra6 is attaching light emissive mesh that gets gradually darker to extras 1-4 or 7-9 and changing the els pattern so that they flash in numerical sequence.

If your computer is good enough your ELS lights are very fast and the reflection on the ground and the wig wags look like the proper wig wags, but only a bit  ;)

Doesn't look real but it's more realistic then the immediately wig wag thing ;)

Chris